Hannspree 10ST1

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#21 mikedoubleu

mikedoubleu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

I think its amazing that these ROMS are so closely related and interchangeable. Its a shame about the softbuttons.

One problem I have encounteres when trying to run any of the custom roms for the GTab is that the wireless comes up with "Error", except Bottle of Smoke. I'd love to be able to work that out so I could try some other roms.

#22 flhx73

flhx73

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

I think its amazing that these ROMS are so closely related and interchangeable. Its a shame about the softbuttons.

One problem I have encounteres when trying to run any of the custom roms for the GTab is that the wireless comes up with "Error", except Bottle of Smoke. I'd love to be able to work that out so I could try some other roms.

That is a failure of the kernel, there are some that do and dont. I recall trying "LCD density" and after any changes it had an error. I just rebooted and it worked. I have had that problem as well, not sure what it might be.

After tons of research i think this tablet is different that any out there except for the harmony chipset board and processor. see this link from the FCC.

FCC hannspree submission

It shows internal pics, and the board isn't like the SMB-A1002, I think its closer to the SMB-A1011. the board has two extra ports, maybe for camera???

I been trying diligently to repack the recovery.img to include the stock recover-kernel.img and the CWM ramdisk, but I am haveing trouble with mkbootfs (i use mac)
I will let you know if I get it up :)

#23 flhx73

flhx73

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Roebeet, I have just zipped the two files. the recovery-kernel.img from the factory and the recovery-ramdisk.img from CWM 3.0.2.8

thx again

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RWKAMBL4

#24 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Here's the compiled recovery: http://www.mediafire...1jz7j95lu7qmgmo

I tested this on my GTAB, and it does boot - side keys are not working, but that was expected behavior on my device. :) Btw, this is exactly what I had done when I got the 1.2 branch and neded cwm for it - later I muddled through Koush's cwm git hub to get a 3.0.2.8 version working.
Android Devices: Viewsonic GTab, Notion Ink Adam, ASUS Transformer, Cowon D3

#25 flhx73

flhx73

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

woohoo trying in now, I will let you know what happens thx again

#26 flhx73

flhx73

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

YES it works, awesome. now I can nandroid and really get cracking on this thing. the secret is the kernel for this device. I suppose since its a newish device the kernel it was compiled and only it will work.

#27 ewacxs

ewacxs

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hello there,

Great job guys,

Thanks to your posts I decided to buy the Hannspree tablet.
I will say that this tablet remove the ipad "flash" frustration :rolleyes:

I wanted to have access to the android market so I succeed to get running the GTab 1.2 Stock Recovery on it, great.
Then I tested the "Mountain Laurel" 1.2, everything went fine.

Finally I tested the "Android Illuminate Alpha 1.6" (a mistake), I was stuck on the boot screen "Illuminate Android" and the default ClockworkMod was overwritten in the process with the version 3.0.2.8 and it removes some partitions during the installation, arrg.

So I wanted to recover my device, I succeed to installed the nvflash_gtablet_2010110500
Now I have no ClockworkMod at all, the tablet boot with the viewsonic logo/ then Gtablet / then the tapNtap logo but it freeze on the "N" loading.

Does anyone has any input on the partition structure for the Hannspree?
Or a process to do a full recovery including the partition structure + associated ROMs with nvflash?

Partition ROMs + the Nvflash .cfg file will be welcome.
I have the model SN10T130R1653 and I have already the last ROM from hannspree update.zip v1.2-4789, my problem is how to recreate all the default partition I think.

Did anyone encounter this issue already.
Does someone with the 30R1653 model has a full nvflash backup?

:mellow: Thanks

Edited by ewacxs, 19 June 2011 - 04:50 AM.

#28 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

nvflashing might have been a mistake, as you probably wiped out the Hannspad partition structure (it might have been different). It's not that the device is broken right now, but it could be problematic since it's running something entirely different.

For the immediate issue, you can use a newer nvflash (either my 3588 or 4349 one, depending on which bootloader you want) and there's a clockworkmod in there that you can use. Since you've already wiped your Hannspad partitions, it's not like this will make things any worse.

Hopefully a Hannspad user can make an nvflash from a clean vanilla device and advertise that. That way, it's a backout for anyone with the device. I would do this myself but I don't have the device to work with. :(

EDIT: Anyone have a link for 4789? I'd love to test it out on my GTAB!

EDIT2: I got it -- OTA updates work on it and I have an older update that I was able to use to grab the new update.

Edited by roebeet, 20 June 2011 - 12:03 PM.

Android Devices: Viewsonic GTab, Notion Ink Adam, ASUS Transformer, Cowon D3

#29 Sputnik

Sputnik

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Studying the photos of the main PCB, it appears to be essentially identical to the GTab. They have removed the GPS section, the mPCIe port, the section for the SIM card, and done an improved layout. The GTab hardware was originally designed to have 3G, GPS and SIM support. It appears this board is just a board made without the possibility of those features, to reduce cost of manufacturing the board, mainly due to its shape being more friendly to manufacturing.

They have added the HDMI port, but the GTab has the pads for the port, its just not installed. I am going to work on getting the HDMI port installed and working on the GTab. A cutout in the side will obviously be necessary.

The schematic should be practically identical with the exception of the buttons, as you found out, but they are wired to a separate board, so the schematic for it is probably different, which would not necessarily affect the main board schematic.

PS, are any of you with the Hannspree willing to pop it apart and get some high-res photos of the HDMI port area?

#30 ewacxs

ewacxs

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers, Nvflash is the only way I found to get the things sorted here.
After 2 days, I finally succeed to reinstall the original "Android system recovery <3e>" instead of ClockworkMod on the tablet (ClockworkMod is not usable on this tablet because of the home button issue) but I still have trouble to reinstall the original ROM.

So I finally succeed to have "Honeycomb Android Illuminate Alpha 1.6" running perfectly on the device, without any boot logo, Yeahh!!!
(the interface is much better, the thumb keyboard is running like a charm on it!, I wainting for this ROM to support flash player 10.3)

Then about the recovery I will try with a microSD as soon as I get one to see if I can recover it to the original 4789, but I think I will probably encounter some partitions issue...

So anyone with an hannspree hannspad please make a full nvflash backup and publish it here, this will be very helpful for the hannspree hannspad community and myself :o

You can find nvflash here:
Win:
http://developer.dow...yo_20110207.msi
Linux:
http://developer.dow...20110207.run.gz

(The things I should have done:....)

How to do a full backup of the Hannspree Hannspad tablet using nvflash:
Boot the Hannspree in APX mode (-volume and home button hold for 5/10 sec, until a black screen)
Run nvflash-command to get into the bootloader using the bootloader.bin from Hannspree official update (inside the official update.zip http://www.hannspree.com/webauth/):
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go
> the Tablet should write something at screen (recovery mode bla-bla)
Run nvflash-command to get the list of partitions
nvflash -r --getpartitiontable partitiontable.txt

then run multiple nvflash command to retrieve all partitions (easier to do a batch .bat or sh script on linux)
# for i in $(seq 2 14); do LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./nvflash -r --read $i part-$i.img;

- nvflash-command to get a specified X partition
nvflash -r --read X part-X.img

EDIT 1:
@Sputnik:
Please have a look here and let me know:
http://www.wirelessg...m/tag/hannspad/

Edited by ewacxs, 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#31 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Do you have a working link to the tablet as the Amazon ones not working ?
Slatedroid Singularity

#32 ewacxs

ewacxs

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hannspree has real shops in the US:
400 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (near Union Square)
420 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA 90210
and one in London as well, they said in the London Westfield.

Online websites in the US, I have no clue?
but a lot of them in Europe/UK:
https://www.eu-shop....13&wid=1&aid=40
http://www.comet.co....1-Tablet/740004
http://www.bestbuy.c...b-and-wifi.aspx
http://www.carphonew...HANNSPAD-TABLET
http://www.amazon.co...df_B004R8ZRV83/

A full nvflash backup of the Hannspree Hannspad 10ST1 anyone??

#33 Sputnik

Sputnik

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

EDIT 1:
@Sputnik:
Please have a look here and let me know:
http://www.wirelessg...m/tag/hannspad/

Thanks, but unfortunately those are not very high res and I cannot make out anything on those.

#34 redrage

redrage

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hi there! :-) Thanks for this topic hehe

So... for those like me, who want to become their Hanspad in Honeycomb Android Illuminate....

What is the exact process?

I thought that it was...

1.- Make a full nvflash backup (including partition list and btc)
2.- Flash CWM (the one that posted roebeet in this thread)
3.- Flashing the 1.2 Rom

But ... I have read that flashing CWM Recovery could be a problem if the planned Rom has already a recovery...

So.. what may we do?

Flashing Honeycomb Android Illuminate directly from stock recovery?

Will we get CWM recovery flashing this ROM?

Thanks

#35 _Rudy_

_Rudy_

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

Hi guys,

I'm a french owner of the hannspree tablet and I'm very interesting about your progress on this tablet.

My first idea was to install the google market. After different changes I have a tablet with many FC in native Tnt application. So my second idea is to install custom ROM. I'm a simple android user (galaxy S) and also an iphone developper so I don't know all technical stuff about android ROM flashing, but I can learn ;)

I have many question about the actual hacking possibility of this tablet.I have made update process for the hannspad so I have the 4789 version. Can I use nflash with this version ?
Can you show us how make a proper nandroid to have a backup plan if other flashing process fails ?

In fact questions are the same as redrage ... :)

Thansk

rudy

PS : The tablet has a very attractive price here since a couple of weeks (199 euros, about 288 dollars US).

#36 _Rudy_

_Rudy_

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi,

I have try to make a nvflash backup but I have an error on the partition 10 :

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\tegra_froyo_20110207>nvflash -r --read 10 HA
NNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
receiving file: HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img, expected size: 16777216
bytes
/ 16646144/16777216 bytes receiveddata receive failure NvError 0x120000
command failure: read failed

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\tegra_froyo_20110207>nvflash -r --read 11 HA
NNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-11.img
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
failed executing command 15 NvError 0x120002
command failure: read failed (bad command)
bootloader status: unknown operation (code: 1) message: flags: 0

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\tegra_froyo_20110207>nvflash -r --read 12 HA
NNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-12.img
Nvflash started
[resume mode]

Do you know the problem and how resolve it ?

Thanks

Rudy

#37 delicious_cake

delicious_cake

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Another newbie rolling in.
Had my Hannspad for around a day, then decided to try some CFW. Went for Android Illuminate...install went well. Turned out I had to use the CWM to reset the settings; couldn't do that because of the Home Button-issue.
So, lacking the Hannspad files, I flashed the standard GTab-FW, just to get a working recovery console back. Install went well as well, but afterwards the tablet just didn't do anything except booting in a loop, not even getting to the famous three birds.
So I made a mix of GTab and Hannspad-files as mentioned in this thread an flashed those: recovery doesn't work at all (just showing "android" quickly, thenn a warning triangle with an exclamation mark, then shuts down), boot gets stuck at the "n".
Well, all I want to have back is a recovery console. Please, help me, I'm really stuck here.

#38 ewacxs

ewacxs

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

_Rudy_ > you need to reboot and reconnect yourself in APX mode each time you encounter an error with "nvflash".
I noticed that when it comes to very large partition nvflash has difficulties to back them up correctly.

Just skip the partition with the error and you should be able to backup the others.

For the troublesome partitions, I saw a different way to backup the partitions with "nvflash" the command is:
nvflash -r --rawdeviceread StartSector NumSectors partitionbackup.img

where StartSector and NumSectors are the "hard drive/SD" sectors where this partition is located on the disk, you can get this information from the
partitions table (nvflash -r --getpartitiontable partitiontable.txt)

But I often get the error: "readdeviceraw failed (bad data)" :(

Edited by ewacxs, 08 July 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#39 delicious_cake

delicious_cake

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

ewacxs, could you be so kind to upload the entire nvflash-folder and -command/-script you used to restore the original recovery you mentioned in post #30?

#40 _Rudy_

_Rudy_

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

Thanks ewacxs.

My tablet has 14 partitions. Only the partition 10 causes issue.

For delicious I use these commands (with the good directory created):
nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go
nvflash -r --getpartitiontable HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\partitiontable.txt
nvflash -r --read 2 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-2.img
nvflash -r --read 3 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-3.img
nvflash -r --read 4 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-4.img
nvflash -r --read 5 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-5.img
nvflash -r --read 6 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-6.img
nvflash -r --read 7 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-7.img
nvflash -r --read 8 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-8.img
nvflash -r --read 9 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-9.img
nvflash -r --read 10 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img
nvflash -r --read 11 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-11.img
nvflash -r --read 12 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-12.img
nvflash -r --read 13 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-13.img
nvflash -r --read 14 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-14.img

In my case the partition 10 make an error.

PartitionId=10
Name=OGO
DeviceId=19
StartSector=16000
NumSectors=8192
BytesPerSector=2048

I try this command : nvflash -r --rawdeviceread 16000 8192 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img

But like ewacs say still an error :

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\tegra_froyo_20110207>nvflash -r --rawd
eviceread 16000 8192 HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img
Nvflash started
[resume mode]
Bytes to receive 16777216
receiving file: HANNSPREE_SNT10_4789_BACKUP\part-10.img, expected size: 16777216
bytes
/ 7733248/16777216 bytes receiveddata receive failure NvError 0x120001
command failure: readdeviceraw failed (bad data)

My question is : Is the partition 10 is important ? Another file has to be read in tablet for backuping ? (bct file ??)

My goal is to try honeycomb Custom ROM in my tablet, anybody can give us the safe path (with the possibility to return to the official configuration).

Thanks

Rudy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users