New tablet; Low disk space warning?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StonedYoda

StonedYoda

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

Hi, I'm pretty new to all this tablet stuff, and I apparently did something I wasn't supposed to since I can't access anything on my C8. It boots up, launcher works, I can pull up a few files, but it's telling me that I have low disk space (just got this last tablet Friday. I was going to update to 2.3.1 anyway, so will this give me back access to the keyboard, etc which I somehow lost? Thanks for all your hard work keeping us noobs in working order!

#2 ransagy

ransagy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Did you receive the tablet like that? What exactly did you do so far that you think caused this?

#3 StonedYoda

StonedYoda

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

No when I got the tab, it was just fine...I added an 8 GB external from my old EVO for more storage. I was trying to root the device using z4root, and like an idiot, started moving things to the internal SD card such as Phone.apk and vending.apk. Soon after, I started getting force closes for everything, even things that weren't open. I was able to reboot the tab and the Launcher pulled up (everything looked like out-of-the-box) but I had NO keyboard, no wifi, etc so I couldn't make any changes. I formatted the internal SD, removed the external and reset the device to factory settings, but the keyboard, etc still wouldn't pull up.

Last night I updated to the Cyanogen Mod 2.3.4 ROM and eberything was back to normal (except WAY more awesome, of course). NOW, however, when I try to install apps like Better Keyboard 7 or 8, a few others it tells me there is low disk space again. The difference being is that I am still able to DL Google Maps, Amazon MP3, Beyond Podcast. It lets me DL some apps, but not others basically. I'm not sure if it's how the memory is partitioned or what.

I was going to tell you what the current memory stats were, but my tab just came on and went through the setup wizard again and when I unlocked the screen, it was just a black screen. I think I'm going to try and flash a different Gingerbread build besides CM7 and see if that helps....shame, cuz I LOVE CM7 on this device. This was my first ROM to flash and now that I understand it, I will (very carefully, of course)probably have to keep looking til I find the right one for me.

Thanks, ransagy for your response. If you can think of anything I should be doing or any other info I can give you, please let me know either on here or by email: jingham420@gmail.com.

Thanks!

#4 extext

extext

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

I had the same problem as yet received a tablet, I opened dropad, took out internal sd card formatted in the computer's default FAT32, also "Allovation unit size" asked default copy all the files in ROM, and flash directly by internal SD card

happened to me, I hope you and you become :drinks:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users