Android Tablets Forum banner

Gtablet charger voltage

10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TheDrake 
#1 ·
I forgot my charger at a friend's house and I'm not going there for a few days. I need to know the output voltage of our chargers and the + and - orientations on the charger plug. Can someone please post them so that I can use a multi charger without damaging the tablet?

#2 ·
12V DC and the center contact is positive.
It's rated for 2 Amps, but mine barely gets warm, so I doubt that it actually draws anywhere near that much.

#6 ·
I was wondering if it's me or do the OEM chargers have problems. I don't know if my adapter is dying or if my tablet is experience the problem. Yesterday I plugged my gtab and it didn't charge. The light was on but battery life didn't increase. After fidgeting with it more I managed to charge it. Is it time to buy a new adapter?

#8 ·
Sounds like you might also be having the loose connector issue that several people have reported on here. The charging port inside the gTablet gets loose and needs to be re-soldered back onto the board. If the gTab is still under warranty, you can send it in to have the board replaced (takes a few weeks).

#7 ·
i would trouble shoot 1st , if you have a friend ( or enemy) with the same tablet , just try out there charger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.