#21 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

@Sm0k3d0uT (and g-Tabbers)

Older Post(s) of the week removed. Sorry it took so long, I had to learn how to remove them. :pardon:

Thanks Mrs. B.

By the time I figured it out you had already removed them.

#22 comhack

comhack

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

I currently run BoS but I would love to have Debian or another distro running on my gtablet.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Configs comhack.com

Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux
Main rig: ArchLinux / Intel i5 760 / 16gb ddr3 / 5.5tb HDDs
HP Touchpad 32gb: WebOS 3.0.5 / CM 9 Beta 2 ICS / Archlinux|Arm
HTC Inspire 4G: ICS update-aospX-1.0.0-AR24 / Radio: 26.09.04.11_M2 / Kernel: 2.6.35.14-aospX-cheesecake

#23 biggjoe

biggjoe

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

Perhaps a version of BSD, like FreeBSD or DragonFly?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

#24 waterhead

waterhead

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

I currently run BoS but I would love to have Debian or another distro running on my gtablet.

This thread is asking what do you want in the Slatedroid Forums g-tablet section. Not what do you want on your tablet.

Edited by waterhead, 18 June 2011 - 10:15 PM.

Paul

My Tablets:

ZT-180 GONE!!!
g-tablet One of the first, purchased Nov. 2010. Sold!!
g-tablet Woot purchase, running TNT Lite 4.4.0 Sold to a fellow Linux user!!
Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi
Azpen X1
HP Touchpad

#25 GraceP

GraceP

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

This thread is asking what do you want in the Slatedroid Forums g-tablet section. Not what do you want on your tablet.

I need basic advice on getting the gtab updated and running well.

#26 Chaz1776

Chaz1776

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

I'm new to posting in forums in general so this may not be a way things work but I would like to have a separate thread to address Q+A's for the individual ROMs. Take Roebeets BOS thread for instance. A lot of posts are asking for answers to specific questions which makes it hard to sift through for actual development information on the ROM. As I stated, perhaps this is the way the forum works and I'm out of line.

#27 c1tobor

c1tobor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

:blink:

This might sound strange but android was a "phone" thing. With all these Tablets coming out I think alot of people don't understand the difference between OS's like windows and Mac's. (my hand is up) as I've never had a android phone.

I was thinking a breif and simple desription of the differences of the operating systems might help alot of new tablet owners. For example, I have had a few tablets and could "mount" them to my PC(vista) and see the familiar file structure I am used to. However, with the Brilliant Corners ROM, My pc would sometimes see the Gtab and other times would not.

Was just about to start a post about it but learned to pull the Notification window down and "mount" the USB, after connecting it. Also, some devices will show up on the PC with the name of the device, my BC Gtab does not..It just calls it K drive.
I had been trying to go to settings/SDcard...etc.

I only suggest this topic as I am sure this Forum was started with cell phone user's in mind, but with all the Android owners coming online it might help to cut down on repeat post's and give the new user's a way to learn more on their own.

EDIT: I understand a "Breif and Simple" explanation could be quite lenghty.
PS... breif/brief ?.

Don't Flame me Smokey.....lol
:blink:

Edited by c1tobor, 22 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

#28 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

LOL!!! :lol:

@c1tobar

As far as your Android OS description topics ideas go, that is up to butchconner and Sm0k3d0uT, but I like the idea and think it would be a welcome write up for the SlateDroid Wiki as well. The Wiki was vandalized at the end of last year and now anyone who wants to contribute must PM the Wiki Administrators mogrith or Mark Adams for editing access.

IMHO: Just a tiny bit of clarificarion is in order.

You do realize the history of SlateDroid "Android Tablet" Forum, right? Please look at the main forum page and see just how many phone subforums are actually on the list. (I count 5)

(not intended as a flame, honest).
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#29 c1tobor

c1tobor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thank-you for the clarification. :rolleyes:

#30 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Thank-you for the clarification. :rolleyes:

:rofl: Sorry, couldn't resist. :pardon:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#31 et1ssgmiller

et1ssgmiller

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

I'm thinking that a plain FAQ section may not be enough as far as 'brick recovery' goes. Maybe a separate section is need for "I bricked my tablet what do I do?" section is needed somewhere here.

Ok... maybe not "brick" but maybe "I can't boot my tablet now, what do I do?" and maybe point back to the recovery threads.

Alright, maybe I am thinking too hard tonight, :mellow:

I agree, I got my right out of the box gTab into a recovery image loop last night. Finally gave up trying to find a recovery solution that I could really understand. But, after a half hour of not thinking about it I came back and was able to get BC 1.3.1 loaded. I can't say that the recovery procedure was on this forum, and perhaps buried somewhere is a link to the one that got me running again. But having a separate section for different problems would be helpful.

#32 SonicPLD

SonicPLD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

As far as the tablet is a toy to be toyed with on the trips. and been more mobile.
So far the tablet is maked to look more like an expensive toy.

I would like to see it tuning into something more useful item to accompany peoples.
Please note that the latest Android 3.0+ shells is more than suppficient for the design point of view, and further versions which only improve those visual options will be more or less wrongly spend of time.

I would really like to finally come one day home and say that today i used the tablet for more than a book reading and playing games while i on travel.

Here a short list of devices which will turn the device into something really useful :

--- USB support for :
+ GPS
+ Cameras
+ Barcode scanners

Those 3 devices is more than enough to create "a boom" amongs the developers and users.
And those which 1st create such a rooms supporting such a devices will really scratch their names into Android history cornerstones.

Edited by SonicPLD, 16 October 2011 - 11:15 AM.

Android without Adobe Flash is like a bird without eyes.
Why the hell i shall need MID ( mobile internet device ) when i will constantly miss half of the internet content ?!

#33 JayDInc

JayDInc

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

For the sub-fora, there is a link to the "first unread post" for the most recent topic. Why can't we get (or why can't I find) that link for every topic?

Edit: So I just figured out that that tiny little icon just in front of the post title is what I was looking for.

Edited by JayDInc, 04 January 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#34 jcp171

jcp171

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

It would be great if we had the ability to delete or move our own posts when we realize we've made a mistake. That way we dont have to just wait and be chastised when the moderator finds our mistake. I mean once its posted, there's nothing we can do...

Edited by jcp171, 17 February 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#35 Redbot

Redbot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I like the idea of having Nvflash, restoring to original rom, changing boot loaders and etc in one place for convenients. I have noticed during my using of tech manuals and a number of instruction here and other sites that the expert often leaves out some steps that to them seem unnecessary due to their knowledge of the subject, they tend to forget that us noobies need that info to complete the task without having the heebie jeebies. I'm too old of a dog for the heart burn that brings on.:-)
Redbot Soft bricking is a learning moment, now SODs really suxs but what can you do!

#36 ABQ_Jammer

ABQ_Jammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationABQ, NM

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

The user base has really grown since I first moderating this section.

For awhile it was just a couple of us posting and exchanging info our tablets.
Over the last few months the user base has exploded, new sections were added and our once little section has now become one of the largest on the site.

First of all this could not happen with out you the users and developers.
I personally want to thank you the users and developers for making this section bigger than I could have imagined (really thought XDA had a lock on the G-Tab users).

Now I'd like to hear what to your suggestions on how we can improve the section.
Us the staff can make all the improvements we think will benefit you, but only a user would know what user needs.

So lets hear it.

What Improvements would you like to see.

I am not promising any and all changes will happen overnight (I have been having internet issues and I'm usually only active when I am at work, Damn Comcast can't figure out why I have phone and cable working but no internet signal coming through the line) but I will implement what I can when I can to make a better user experience for you guys.

Being new to owning a G-Tab, though I've had another tablet for several months, would be a simple, easy to understand naming of the ROMs, so anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can understand what is included in it (OS version, additions, updates, modifications, etc.). Also, an easier menu to maneuver through to access those items we want, though the main one looks pretty good. Possibly having certain topics 'stuck' to the top, so we don't have to scroll down through pages of other topics to find the ones most people want to access, would also be good.

Just my $.02

#37 SunDisk2

SunDisk2

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

KitKat ROM support