• LocationDragonDevs

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

Posted Image

Specifications

• Cortex A9 CPU Amlogic 800Mhz CPU
  • Mali 400 GPU
  • 512MB RAM DDR2
  • 8GB built in NAND Flash
  • 9.7″ IPS, Multi-touch screen (1024*768)
  • Piezo-Electric touchscreen (10 points)
  • Android 2.2
  • Micro SD(TF) card slot, supporting up to 32GB
  • IEEE 802.11 b/g WiFi network
  • Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
  • USB 2.0 High-speed OTG port
  • Triaxial accelerometer
  • Ambient light sensor
Review

Places can find me:

HERE

#2 alivestone

alivestone

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

I have this device, and want to say that smartq TEN a very good build quality, faster and have amazing battery life.

Anybody know if single core Cortex A9 amlogic can run to 1000 Mhz or higher? And hope we can upgrade it to Android 2.3 and maybe to 3.0 :)

Edited by alivestone, 23 May 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#3 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

SmarQ does make a good quality device. I'm sure there are people out there will work on it.

Here is some info you want to look at:

http://www.smartqmid...=Smarq_specific

How to root SmarQ Ten

How to get Market working
Places can find me:

HERE

#4 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

I have been researching this device. It is rather expensive but it looks to be pretty high quality. Their touchscreen technology is really interesting in that it is supposed to have the best of both worlds (ie resistive and capacitive). The one thing I was wondering... the amlogic chipset doesn't have the best reputation for battery life. So I was wondering if someone who owns this device could possibly shed a little more detail on how long the battery lasts.

Cheers,

Roman

HTTP://topnotchtablets.com
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#5 Johan Lundgren

Johan Lundgren

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden - Gothenburg

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

I have been researching this device. It is rather expensive but it looks to be pretty high quality. Their touchscreen technology is really interesting in that it is supposed to have the best of both worlds (ie resistive and capacitive). The one thing I was wondering... the amlogic chipset doesn't have the best reputation for battery life. So I was wondering if someone who owns this device could possibly shed a little more detail on how long the battery lasts.

Cheers,

Roman

HTTP://topnotchtablets.com

I bought a SmartQ T10 early this July 2011 from here: Allpmp

• First, I coudn’t make it fully charge. It charged only 50% after 3 days of active charging (I tried native 5V 2000 mA charger, 5V 1000 mA 220V-to-USB charger, and microUSB-to-USB cable using computer).
  • Then one day it stopped booting, stuck on the white screen with SmartQ logo.
  • I tried to re-install firmware (official 3.0 version) and failed: The device just turned off.
  • Since then I can’t turn it on (“Power” and “Power+Volume down” buttons don’t work). I tried U-boot recovery, but nothing.

It’s just dead now and won’t boot, so very sad. I have tried to get some help from service@smartdevices.com.cn
and my mail conversation with them is collected here: Support mail

I was also contacted by guy in Russia who have exactly the same problem as me and I actually copied the above scenario from him since it’s identical with what I experienced.

Please let us know if anyone have any ideas or tips and tricks that could helpful for us.

P.S. I also keep online notes about my SmartQ T10 findings, here: Notes SmartQ T10

P.S.S. Smartdevices.com have now released a new firmware V3.5: SmartQ T10 Firmware V3.5

And this time they added information that the charger should be plugged during the upgrade and they even state the following:
otherwise the system will be damaged because of lack of electricity

It's not that it could be damaged it will be damaged!

So, they already knew that lack of electricity will brick SmartQ T10 and it will never boot again.

But our initial problem is that SmartQ T10 isn't charged in the first place, not even if we had it plugged in for several days, as described above.

It's just very sad :(

#6 Vladimir Lafazan

Vladimir Lafazan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

The worst problem that not only you have that issue. I also bought SmartQ T10 (Ten), not from Allpmp site, but still...

The case is that my device experienced the same symptoms:

1. Was not fully charging (50% max after 3 days permanent charging, with 3 kinds of chargers).
2. Was stuck on white boot screen with SmartQ logo.
3. After 2. I thought I should flash it (re-install firmware). But unit suddenly crashed and turned off during firware upgrade (version 3.0 official).
Note: The charger was connected to the unit during the all process of firware installation.
4. Now it does not boot at all, I can't even see the boot screen. Not even screen blinking!
5. Standard firware re-install/flashing didn't help, U-boot recovery - also, because to recover the device it must at least start...

I also sent email to SmartQ support, but no reply yet.
God help us all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users