The new ROM is the Samsung Stock ROM which was released last week in Italy to the public. It's not available in Thailand yet and the Tab could not be upgraded using Samsung's Kies.
All for the upgrade required files are on my Media Fire Account: http://www.mediafire...at6kibge683jk,1
The files are:
- P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ.zip (the ROM which will be flashed)
- dbdata.tar (Data file)
- gt-p1000_mr.pit (PIT-File)
- Odin3 v1.83.exe (Program for to flash)
Here the steps:
- Download the files from Media Fire to the same directory like c:\p1000
- Extract the Zip files in the same directory
- Make sure the driver for the Tab are installed on your PC, may use Samsung Kies and connect the Tab once which will install the required drivers.
- Do NOT connect the Tab to the computer yet with the USB Cable!
Top of the Galaxy Tab
Press Power and Vol down at the same time and wait the Tab starts in Download Mode
Start Odin and you'll get this screen:
- Now connect the Tab with USB to your PC and you'll see the Com Port used by the Tab on 1. place left
- Check Re-Partition (must be checked), Auto Reboot, F, Reset Time (ALL 3 must be checked)
- Click on PIT and choose the gt-p1000_mr.pit file
- Click on PDA and choose P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME.tar
- Click Start. You'll see the Indicator running from left to right
Now you'll have to wait till the Tab starts reboot!
- Immediately press and hold down the Power button for to switch the Tab OFF!
- Done that, restart the Tab in DL Mode using the Power and VOL down button the same time again till the Tab starts in DL Mode
- Uncheck Re-Partition (very important)
- Click on PDA and choose dbdata.tar
- Click Start.
- And again, press the Power button till the Tab is OFF
- Now start the Tab in Recovery Mode. In Recovery Mode you will use the volume up and down keys to navigate and Home key to select.
- Hold Power and Volume up together.
- Release Power after holding it for about 4-5 second and continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu shows up.
- Select wipe cache (When Done go to next step)
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Reboot and you are done. You now have Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
On my Tab the whole procedure has need just 12 minutes to be complete.
Everything is just working fine, even more than fine comparing to 2.2!!
As allways: You're totally on your own and take full responsibility for what you do. If you brick you device, it's your own fault.