Running Honeycomb on bootable SD on a non rooted Cruz Reader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sewinglady

sewinglady

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

I just read on a Nook Color forum that some are running Honeycomb on a bootable SD card on a non rooted Nook Color. Can this be done on a non rooted Cruz Reader?

#2 rushman

rushman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

I just read on a Nook Color forum that some are running Honeycomb on a bootable SD card on a non rooted Nook Color. Can this be done on a non rooted Cruz Reader?

Basically the answer is unfortunately no. It comes down to the fact that the firmware for Android is different for each device. The hardware of the Nook is not compatible with with the Cruz Reader. There is no compatible Honeycomb, or even Froyo build to use for this device anyway even if the SD boot process could be ported.

This is not a negative wth the great FW MODs here to Cruz Reader make this a reasonable tablet for the price, but it will likely remain with a 2.0 OS, just because the development on this device is not of high interest to the Android community. That and the specs probably are not something for Honeycomb anyway.

This also requires SD boot support, and I dont think the Reader can do that either.

Edited by rushman, 25 May 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#3 Sherwiner

Sherwiner

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Is there any firmware or os for an older China MID7" tablet with camera that was running 1.6 and got overwritten with the wrong software (2.?) and is now dead. Could it be run from the micro sd chip? It will try to boot from the chip.

Please advise.. OR does someone want to buy it for parts?

Sherwinb
Chicagoland

#4 rushman

rushman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

@Sherwiner

You are in the wrong forum this thread is about Cruz Readers, check the MID7 area. Best of luck on rescueing your device.

Edited by rushman, 26 May 2011 - 09:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users