pandigital firmware upgrade

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gman12131

Gman12131

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

It was dificult trying the firmware upgrade, I tried like 30 different types but finally got it. Now i wondering where do i go from there apps, games more upgrades someone reply Where what do i do now?

#2 sainthooligan

sainthooligan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

It was dificult trying the firmware upgrade, I tried like 30 different types but finally got it. Now i wondering where do i go from there apps, games more upgrades someone reply Where what do i do now?

Welcome and glad you got it figured out!

Depending on what you FW you flashed...I'd say the general recommendation is a 3/2 based version. Which did you finally settle on?
Here's the official firmware info in the wiki: http://www.slatedroi...ficial_Firmware

Here's the modded FW info in the wiki: http://www.slatedroi...dified_Firmware

and there are some patches/enhancements in this thread:http://www.slatedroi...d-enhancements/ (depends on your FW version!)

Here's info in the wiki for installing apps: http://www.slatedroi...alling_Software (depends on your FW and what you want to use to install them)

Here's the sub-board on Apps: http://www.slatedroi...-compatibility/

Be sure to check out further info in the wiki and if you can't find it in there, try the search tool...there is quite a bit of useful info out here.

Edited by sainthooligan, 19 May 2011 - 08:59 AM.

• mrsburnout likes this

#3 MissQ

MissQ

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

I must admit, I am kind of dumb when it comes to tech issues. I received the 7in Pandigital Color eReader for Christmas and was excited to see the Android OS. I have tried getting apps and of course it didn't work. I ran across an article (don't remember where of course) that said before I try to hack or update I should purchase an SD card, which I did today. Right now my ereader is useless, because I don't need another device to access FB and my emails, I have a laptop and smartphone that handles that quite sufficiently. Someone please, in laymen's terms tell me or direct me to where I can update this firmware so that I can actually access the Android features. Thanks in advance.

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

I must admit, I am kind of dumb when it comes to tech issues. I received the 7in Pandigital Color eReader for Christmas and was excited to see the Android OS. I have tried getting apps and of course it didn't work. I ran across an article (don't remember where of course) that said before I try to hack or update I should purchase an SD card, which I did today. Right now my ereader is useless, because I don't need another device to access FB and my emails, I have a laptop and smartphone that handles that quite sufficiently. Someone please, in laymen's terms tell me or direct me to where I can update this firmware so that I can actually access the Android features. Thanks in advance.

What color is your PDN? (Pandigital Novel) Black? Or White?

Since you are posting on the WPDN FW (firmware) / Development board, we shall give you links for the WPDN.

Go here first: White PDN Owners START HERE Ask questions (for the WPDN) in this thread: White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

Your all-in-one resource guide is the PDN WIKI HERE

Search is your friend.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 SexxyChocolate

SexxyChocolate

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

I have a WPDN and haven't done the update yet, but I just know I am going to have issues LOL. I am not much of a techie either. This is going to be very interesting for me :blink: Good Luck everyone!!

#6 MissQ

MissQ

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

I have a red one, but the box has a black one displayed.

What color is your PDN? (Pandigital Novel) Black? Or White?

Since you are posting on the WPDN FW (firmware) / Development board, we shall give you links for the WPDN.

Go here first: White PDN Owners START HERE Ask questions (for the WPDN) in this thread: White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

Your all-in-one resource guide is the PDN WIKI HERE

Search is your friend.

#7 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

I have a red one, but the box has a black one displayed.

Then you will want to look at this board here: Pandigital Novel Original "Black" and Multi-Colored Tablet Subforums Please post questions regarding your PDN in that subforum where users of similar units can help.

And don't forget the Wiki Here: The Black One (QVC & BPDN)
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#8 antbruner

antbruner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

this was very helpful to me as well!!!! thanks!