Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

Hello i wanted to ask if the tim5a is much faster or not than the tim4e
thank you.

No. Changelog HERE

20110712-Tim5a
- Gscript to fix newer models 2Mp camera issue.
- Patched libigps.so for quicker gps location fix after 1st fix.
- Merged back the official firmware 20110530 useful modifications
- Updated framework & optimizations
- Updated apps
Maps
BetterKeyboard
DolphinBrowser
LogViewer
- Vpn fix. (PPTP with or without encryption reported to work, OpenVPN most likely not working, please report.)
- Zipaligned video player & ccplayer by FlanFinger
- Deactivate MyPad application by default (Buggy to mount/unmount and see external medias)
- Add GScript to reactivate MyPad application (better use FileManager, use MyPad at your own risk)
- Settings.apk with more features unlocked by UncleRus
- Add TtsService.apk back
- Add NetworkLocation.apk

#43 ixino

ixino

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

Thank you i did read the changelog .
there is a lot on the flytouch i dont use i just want it to be fast .
Thanks again

#44 pietje

pietje

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Hello,

Is this the right place to give feedback on the latest firmware? I just installed version 5.a, and it looks ok. There is one unexpected issue though, which for me is a reason not to use the firmware. The normal launcher, the homepage with the shortcut bar with the 5 icons has disappeared. In the firmware only launcher Pro is installed and is default. Was this an omission? Was is done by design? Am I the only person who has this problem?

Thanks a lot and keep up the great firmware.

#45 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hello,

Is this the right place to give feedback on the latest firmware? I just installed version 5.a, and it looks ok. There is one unexpected issue though, which for me is a reason not to use the firmware. The normal launcher, the homepage with the shortcut bar with the 5 icons has disappeared. In the firmware only launcher Pro is installed and is default. Was this an omission? Was is done by design? Am I the only person who has this problem?

While we are happy to see your feedback here. the apad.tv forrum is where I see tim posting.

5a is the first Rom I have put on the FTIII.
Posted Image

#46 crsavard

crsavard

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Just purchased a flytouch 3 tablet last night. Looking forward to working with it. Should I even consider updating right away once it arrives to version 5a?

#47 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

I would try for a day two first. But remember you will have to reinstall apps you add to old ROM on the new one. I updated a FTIII my Family is giving my dad.
Posted Image

#48 lagathy

lagathy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

just updated my ft3 16gb with tim 5a...looks v nice and fast BUT the camera is now screwed up(all green fuzzy lines)...i then trie going back to tim 4e and its still screwed...anyone any ideas,please ???

#49 mutari

mutari

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

just updated my ft3 16gb with tim 5a...looks v nice and fast BUT the camera is now screwed up(all green fuzzy lines)...i then trie going back to tim 4e and its still screwed...anyone any ideas,please ???

The default kernel is not compatible with these, in order to get these to work you need to do the following (once)
- Launch the GScript Lite application
- Scroll down in the list of scripts, and click on 2Mp Camera fix
- Reboot
  • lagathy likes this

#50 mutari

mutari

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Hello,

1) go to settings
2) Applications
3) Manage applications
4) Running
5) LauncherPro
6) look for "Launch by default"
7) Clear defaults

You should now have a choice

#51 mutari

mutari

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

http://public.timduru.org/Android/Flytouch3/Tips.html (found in first post)

Hardware USB Keyboard:
Shift key doesn't work with some applications if using Better Keyboard 8 or the Android Keyboard
=>Switch the input method temporarily to Swift key trial
To get "Caps-Lock" push the Shift key twice< br/>

To change the input method you just have to do a long push in a text box, like in the browser for example.
That will display a list of keyboard, then you select swift key .
Your shift key on your USB keyboard should now work, and if you hit it twice it will be like a caps lock.

#52 ray1970

ray1970

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

[quote name='pietje' timestamp='1310128861' post='202769']
Update:

Tried a few different sdcards, and tried sdformatter. The unit still does not flash when booting.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
these are the next model po41 superpad different firmware from the disco? think about it like windows moving from windows 6 to windows 7 inserting you motherboard etc
hi got some of these new superpads my self there not sawee there the new po41 model superpad who's saying you can-not flash with sd-card i have the latest firmware for this model 8gb/16gb and flashed direct from sd/card
no usb to usb best thing to do is get 1 to tim for the tweeks, i can tell you this they are very very good tablets,high speakers without the tweeks,touch screen is very very responsive,wifi sit in the garden not next to the router,to do a firmware update if crashed etc, its not menu and start, its minus volume and start,used 1 hitting wifi etc 4 hours of life,fast charge because there 9v and also while using with wifi and charger is in they actually charge up instead of getting no where like the old 5v charging system,and where the charger goes into the tablet they fit firm instead of wiggling about?so imagine tim tim doing is stuff on these they will be very serious competion for the ipad
they have a couple of minor problems dont know if its china dont have youtube so they can't test it but believe it or not it turns the wifi router off, only on youtube everything else plays fine
needs tweeks for more 3g dongles,if tim tweeks speakers wow they will be loud,got gps working in 5 mins on uk maps from co-pilot with-in 10 mins, but for some unkown reason 30 tablets i have tried them all they would not find the navigation sats again don't know if someone shot them out of space or what, opened 1 up battery pack 7,000mhz,a completely different motherboard from the disco model
theres no more vibrate on start-up or turn-off just instant start

Edited by MrTasselhof, 23 July 2011 - 07:33 PM.
upper case to lower case change

#53 lagathy

lagathy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

The default kernel is not compatible with these, in order to get these to work you need to do the following (once)
- Reboot

Thankyou....!!! :)

#54 hadeyeencah

hadeyeencah

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

HELLO, I'M FROM NIGERIA. I BOUGHT A SUPERPAD FLYTOUCH 3 TABLET LAST MONTH AND LOADED TIM 4E ROM ON IT AND ITS BEEN WORKING SEAMLESSLY, I READ ABOUT THE NEW FLYTOUCH 4 THAT SUPPORTS CALL AND WAS FASCINATED.

TO MY SURPRISE, WHILE BROWSING TODAY WITH MY MODEM PLUGGED IN, A CALL CAME IN TO MY FLYTOUCH 3 TABLET WITH A DIAL PAD AND I PICKED IT BUT COULDN'T HEAR ANYTHING AS WELL AS MY FRIEND AT THE RECEIVING END. SHE COULDN'T HERA ANYTHING.

THIS REALLY STUNNED ME AND I WAS REALLY SEARCHING FOR A DIAL APP ON MY TABLET IN ORDER TO MAKE CALL BUT COULDN'T FIND ANY SHORTCUT

I OPENED THE GSCRIPT AND SAW SOMETHING LIKE DIAL NUMBER, THEN I CLICKED IT BUT IT DISPLAYED CONNECTION PROBLEM OR INCORRECT MMI.

I WILL BE HAPPY IF THERE'S A WAY OUT AND I REALLY APPRECIATE TIM'S WORK.

ANY CONTRIBUTION WILL BE APPRECIATED

#55 george1983c

george1983c

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

This rom is awsome. Been using it for a month and not a problem.
Not that its needed but is there gonna be any more updates on it.

sent from the arc

#56 up4sd

up4sd

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

What is the Model number for your 16GB FT3,i think if it is P041,it can't work with this new ROM, if it is DISCO10,then it can.

I've just ordered a 16GB FlyTouch 3 from Merimobiles. I asked them what firmware would be installed on it and they said 0602. Will your new ROM work on that version?

Thanks!

#57 curdygee

curdygee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

very cool

#58 gadgets&gadgets

gadgets&gadgets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

- Reboot

Hi there,

I have a P04q model and updated the firmware and now have the camera issue described. I have installed GScript lite but I don't see how it works. I get just three options:

Reboot phone
List SD-Card
CPU Information

When I select any of them they just go to a screen that says CLose (Autoclose in x seconds).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

#59 @johnsin

@johnsin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

I figured my root issue out.. I was using an old .apk of Z4Root! Now its time to back up, and then flash with Tim's latest! I just hope I can get my SD Card out of this device.. this thing scares me..

John

#60 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Disco10 FT3. With Tim5a installed.
Swift keyboard gives shifted letters but not shifted nubers Shift 2 is a 2 not a at sign, shift 3 is 3 not number sign, etc.

How do iget a @#% smbol from the USB keyboard?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users