30 replies to this topic

#1 mutari

mutari

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

Copied from another forum:
Latest Updates at TOP:

New Official Superpad2 FlyTouch3 Firmware Download With Adobe Flash 10.1 (Third Release)

Greetings tablet users,
Please find below download links for the third edition of firmware released for the Superpad2 FlyTouch3.

This edition includes Adobe Flash 10.1 and also resolves the minor issues running Angry Birds in the previous firmware release.

To install the firmware, download the .zip on a PC from the link below. Extract the contents of the zip on a PC and copy the two files to the root directory of a formatted TF- Flash Card. Note* the root directory of the TF-card is the highest main directory location on the card, such as c:/ on a PC.

The two extracted files must be placed in the root directory of the TF-card. Insert the card in to the Superpad2 FlyTouch3 and power on the tablet. The installation will be automatic.

This firmware has been fully tested. It is still recommended to use the Vimeo+YouTube.apk for viewing video. You may now watch video directly within the browser using Flash, but the high quality of video playback with the Vimeo YouTube app is slightly better.

Regards

aPadTVadmin

The Download Link is Here= http://depositfiles....r50uxf?redirect

Alternative Download Link is Here= http://rapidshare.co...ate-3-Flash.zip

Regards
aPadTVadmin

New update specs:
Model number: disco
Android version: 2.2-20110302
Base band version: unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 zhjun@zhjun-desktop #2
Build number: FRF85B
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied from another forum:

Official Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 Firmware V5 Release for 576 screens

Please find below an official firmware release V5 (for x576 screen support), as currently recommended by the iBex factory for 1024x576 resolution Superpad 2 Flytouch 3's.

Also find below an update to the Adobe Flash Player including better support for in browser video playback (best results have been reported by removing the current Flash player and then rebooting, then installing the new updated Flash player).

Do not use this firmware on tablets with x600 resolution screens.

http://depositfiles....files/sk26eywc6

http://depositfiles....files/swgjidf6b (This Adobe Flash updated player works with all editions of firmware that support Flash)

Best regards,
aPadTVadmin

Note* if you are not sure what type of screen you have on your tablet, use a system info app before you attempt to re-flash this firmware. This is to check and confirm you require the x576 release including bootloader. If you have already re-flashed a firmware and now have a screen clipping issue the system info app will not report the correct settings, in which case post below or check out the Screen Position thread for further details.

Edited by mutari, 10 October 2011 - 06:53 AM.

• Davejones and zist2000 like this

#2 GasDoc

GasDoc

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I have a FT3 with firmware 20110503. I wanted to try Tom's latest Tom but first I wanted to download a copy of my stock firmware just in case
Can someone post a link for 20110503.

Thanks in advance.

#3 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I have a FT3 with firmware 20110503. I wanted to try Tom's latest Tom but first I wanted to download a copy of my stock firmware just in case
Can someone post a link for 20110503.

Thanks in advance.

you would think that was an easy enough thing to do wouldn't you?......except everything I flash on top of 0503 still reports being 2.2-20110503 so your request is a bit moot isn't it?

Tom's??? is this a new player in the firmware cookery club?

#4 AndroidPhill

AndroidPhill

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I have a SuperpadIII which, after adding privacy protection, i can't get passed the slide button on start up... Decided to go back to factory default... that failed as it says there is no image. I have tried the usb cable option and no good... so looking at sd boot with new firmware... i have followed instructions to the letter, inserted the sd card and switch on... it just flows through the normal boot up, leaving me back at square one.

What am i doing wrong???

Help

#5 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

I have a SuperpadIII which, after adding privacy protection, i can't get passed the slide button on start up... Decided to go back to factory default... that failed as it says there is no image. I have tried the usb cable option and no good... so looking at sd boot with new firmware... i have followed instructions to the letter, inserted the sd card and switch on... it just flows through the normal boot up, leaving me back at square one.

What am i doing wrong???

Help

Model number of your pad is what?

#6 AndroidPhill

AndroidPhill

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

This is where it may bet bitty. As I can't get passed the unlock screen i can't check bios etc. There are no labels on the tablet but the box describes it as a superpadIII. the manual says it is a PC10021, however the graphics inside show a tablet with 2 sd card readers. This one has only 1.

I can open the tablet up if that would assist.

Thanks for your interest in my problem

Phill

#7 tehmaster

tehmaster

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Tested, I love the speed of this ROM, my only question is after the full market cache clear, I still can't find skype, I can get facebook which indicates that it successfully cleared the market, but no skype. Just curious why no skype, and if Skype would work if I put installed the apk from an SD card. Also do you think netflix will ever be functional with these tablets?

Edited by tehmaster, 26 August 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#8 Hajake

Hajake

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

New to forum, Flytouch 3 user just adding updates and firmware, see if it performs better.

Hajake

#9 JPPGHT

JPPGHT

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

Model number of your pad is what?

Hi Guys, I am also new to this site, i have the same problem as above with my new superpad 3 model PC1002i. i purchased it in Thailand last week and on returning home cannot get the system to re boot, it is stuck on the android label and seems to be looping here?? PLEASE could someone assist.

#10 @johnsin

@johnsin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

So I just got one of these dumped into my hands, and I have to admit... This has to be the most confusing device I have ever used in my life. First of all my specs are completely different to everyone else.

The box is the same one we all see..
SuperPAD III (white box / lettering on side)

The "ipadish" device itself is running the following:

Model number: wwe10
Android version: 2.2 V2.2:#4026
Basband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 infotomic@infotmic-desktop #7
Build number: FRF85B

So, yeah.. I am a bit confused.. Is it a Funpad 2, or a Superpad 3, or a Funpad 3, or something completely different.

Now I tried rooting it using the Z4 Root method. No dice, first of all.. I get one button, just seez root! No temporary root like on most devices. I side loaded it in through dropbox! (Take note, drop box can save you but on this device). None the less, I tapped on root, and tried.. then crashed and restarted.

Also unlike the device in the video, This device has 2 USBs, 1 HDMI, and two TF Card ports (rather then one).. Does this mean anything to anyone.

Another odd thing is that ClockworkMOD Free is not available in the Market for it, but i can download Premium, which is no use unless you have the original.

I am hoping this MiniSD card Flash will solve some problems, but I don't want to attempt anything until I hear back..

Attached File  superPadStats.jpg   34.36KB   120 downloads
Attached File  superPadBox.jpg   30.52KB   102 downloads
Any ideas?!
John

#11 flaviomd2

flaviomd2

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

My tablet is P041 2.2 V2.6:#4402 2.6.32.9 root@localhost #48 FRF85B,

and I try, but don't hapeens nothing when i put the sd card.

Am I doing something wrong.

#12 DanJG

DanJG

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:24 AM

Hi @johnsin,

I' have just bought of these tablets too and I have exactly the same version details as you apart from my box just says Superpad so you're not on your own with your version! How new is your tablet? Mine is about 2 weeks old so this maybe the newest release?

Dan.

#13 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

This is where it may bet bitty. As I can't get passed the unlock screen i can't check bios etc. There are no labels on the tablet but the box describes it as a superpadIII. the manual says it is a PC10021, however the graphics inside show a tablet with 2 sd card readers. This one has only 1.

I can open the tablet up if that would assist.

Thanks for your interest in my problem

Phill

Well, AFAIK there are three versions of the FT3 which have upgraded firmwares available, these are DISCO/DISCO10, SAWEE and P041, there are other models of FT3 that I believe do not have any replacement firmwares available. If you try to flash a SAWEE or a P041 model with DISCO firmware it just wont work, it wont screw up the tablet and I believe the same applies for all combinations of the three upgradable models. You could just try finding and downloading the three versions and trying them one at a time and if none of them work you could well have one of the un-upgradable models!.

You do this at your own risk!

#14 darthmuff

darthmuff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

ok so i installed this rom/update (and a few others lol) but my screen is off on all of them it shows the bottom half of the icons at the bottom of the screen on the very top of the screen is there anyway to fix this problem? Thanks for reading and many thanks in advance for anyone that can help me :)

#15 sharky48

sharky48

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

My question is: Can I install this ROM?

First, I don't know what I have. I've got this tablet. It's won't boot.
There is SuperPAD III on the box. It has 1 microSD (TF card) slot and a 9v charger.
I've read a lot, but I still don;t understand.
Do I have a Superpad 1, 2, or 3, a Flytouch 2 or 3, a Fake, a Wowpad, a Junpad, a disco of disco10?
I willing to open up the device, just tell me where to look and for what.

Thanks.

#16 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

My question is: Can I install this ROM?

First, I don't know what I have. I've got this tablet. It's won't boot.
There is SuperPAD III on the box. It has 1 microSD (TF card) slot and a 9v charger.
I've read a lot, but I still don;t understand.
Do I have a Superpad 1, 2, or 3, a Flytouch 2 or 3, a Fake, a Wowpad, a Junpad, a disco of disco10?
I willing to open up the device, just tell me where to look and for what.

Thanks.

The box means nothing.
So 1 external TF slot means it is NOT a Flytouch 2, so it is probably a Flytouch 3 , which is also called a Superpad 2.(although there are now Flytouch 4's and Flytouch 5's!!- flytouch 4 should have a slot for a 3G sim) Every single Flytouch is a 'fake' as they are all copies of a long forgotten design. The model number is more difficult to ascertain, if it wont boot you could open it up to see if it has an internal tf slot...if it has NOT got one it is probably a SAWEE/SAWEE10 model, if it DOES have one then it could be a DISCO/DISCO10 or a P041 or any one of the newer models. Why not just try flashing Tims firmware? If it works it's a DISCO, if it doesn't see the update files on the external tf card its probably a P041 so you can then try the P041 firmware update procedure.....your only real danger is there are some newer models out there that *may* not like being flashed with incorrect firmware and it *may* brick them.....no-one has reported failures yet! (AFAIK)

#17 sharky48

sharky48

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

The box means nothing.
So 1 external TF slot means it is NOT a Flytouch 2, so it is probably a Flytouch 3 , which is also called a Superpad 2.(although there are now Flytouch 4's and Flytouch 5's!!- flytouch 4 should have a slot for a 3G sim) Every single Flytouch is a 'fake' as they are all copies of a long forgotten design. The model number is more difficult to ascertain, if it wont boot you could open it up to see if it has an internal tf slot...if it has NOT got one it is probably a SAWEE/SAWEE10 model, if it DOES have one then it could be a DISCO/DISCO10 or a P041 or any one of the newer models. Why not just try flashing Tims firmware? If it works it's a DISCO, if it doesn't see the update files on the external tf card its probably a P041 so you can then try the P041 firmware update procedure.....your only real danger is there are some newer models out there that *may* not like being flashed with incorrect firmware and it *may* brick them.....no-one has reported failures yet! (AFAIK)

Thanks Bloggs.

The Tims version (2 files on microSD) did not flash.
I tried the P041 (android folder with 5 files on microsd) and it also didn.t work.
The button combo Vol Down + Power does nothing. The only combo I found out that does work is Back + Home + Power.
Then it says going into recovery and then I get: No recovery image is found, try recover from SD.

So, no Disco, no P041. Is it Sawee?

#18 in_msz

in_msz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Thanks Bloggs.

I tried the P041 (android folder with 5 files on microsd) and it also didn.t work.
The button combo Vol Down + Power does nothing. The only combo I found out that does work is Back + Home + Power.
Then it says going into recovery and then I get: No recovery image is found, try recover from SD.

Just i read your 2 posts you are having a 9 v charger.HMM me too recently faced a lot of problem with a 5 v charger unit.After copying the images it was not accepting the tims v6 until somebody suggested me to format the card with Sd formatter and it worked like a charm.
So dont get disoppinted .Just search the installation for a 9 v unit.its just a matter of patience

#19 Bloggs

Bloggs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Thanks Bloggs.

If it is a SAWEE you will find some info here SAWEE

However...make sure you use sd formatter to format your external tf card on a PC, and copy the firmware-discovery and firmware2 files AFTER uncompressing them on a PC, ensure the file sizes do not change during the copy process, close the tf card before removal and ensure to switch the tablet off...not just standby (press the reset in the back!) insert the card and switch on...try it several times to ensure it wont work before giving up on it being a DISCO

#20 AbyBlacklisted

AbyBlacklisted

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Can this firmware make 3g calls ?