Photo

[ROM] - Universal (HYBRiD) HoneyCombMOD Uberoid for WM8650 devices v1.3.0 w/ Video

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#61 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ok, I tried with my M009D, with green/red led and vibrate. Option 1 and 2 don't install. Option 8 installs and everything works apart the wifi. I can't find a Wireless folder to delete as said in the first post of this topic. Of course I can't try the market at the moment. Can you help me?
Looks like I must keep with the stock ROM...

BTW if you want to study it, here it is: http://www.4shared.c...131_Market.html (directly taken from the ePad website)

Thank you in advance. :)

Hey Lazza,

Where did you buy your M009D ? ..and what version # of Uberoid did you just install ?

Craig
Current Tablets That i Use On A Daily Basis:
MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MID-V7 is running a modified "Singularity M009s v3" ROM made by Roger Calver
(the "env_uboot" is made by Riandroidzx)

#62 Lazza

Lazza

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I bought it online. I have installed v5, which should be the last, right? :)

Edited by Lazza, 11 February 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#63 hessian123

hessian123

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

I also reflashed to Uberoid, however, i am using bly-806, the home button and menu button do not match, it changes to vloume up and down button.I still finding relvernt commands to solve it, do anyone have this experience??

#64 grupo5

grupo5

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

Gracias por la informacion

#65 Lazza

Lazza

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

If somebody can point me to what file(s) should I look after for the wireless driver it would be great, maybe I can experiment some tweaks. :)

#66 c0nd0r54

c0nd0r54

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi there, i have tried this rom.
Now my tablet is dead, shows a green LED when turned on with a black screen,
an a orange one when powering up. Have i bricked my tablet?!? I know threw
X amount of weeks of research this is the correct model.

Any help if possible would be much appreciated.

#67 Lazza

Lazza

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Does it reflash if you put on the original ROM?

#68 c0nd0r54

c0nd0r54

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

No, Im just stuck with a green LED indicator and a black screen.

#69 deano10168

deano10168

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

hello i'm new user and my pad is not working i dont' know how to in stall the new firmware.. can some help please thank you

#70 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

hello i'm new user and my pad is not working i dont' know how to in stall the new firmware.. can some help please thank you

Please stop multiple posting. (I have deleted your estra posts for you.) Have some patience and wait for someone familiar with your device to answer you.

Thank you and welcome to SlateDroid.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#71 deano10168

deano10168

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

im looking for the firmware the seller told me would be here i can't find it can you direct me to the proper site

thank you

#72 neilct

neilct

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

hi, im a newbie to this forum and recently bought an apad wm8650, im going to give uberoid v5 a try once i have familiarized the unit :)

#73 neilct

neilct

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

hello does the uberoid v5 support proxy server settings via wifi for browser and apps ?

#74 Lazza

Lazza

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

While I wait for someone to tell me which file should I tweak for the wifi thing, I would like to ask another question, if possible. Can somebody post the APK of the Flash app of the Uberoid ROM?
Thank you. :)

Edited by Lazza, 11 February 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#75 ilpao

ilpao

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hello!

Has anyone got this to work for the M009D?

Thanks a lot
Marco

#76 c0nd0r54

c0nd0r54

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hi, sorry if i am in the wrong forum, but because i posted in here. I'll just carry on and mods can delete/remove?

Ok i says i have a Mid 7 tablet, just been looking about the net for the last day and this seems to be exactly mines.

http://www.easydy.com/mid-e18.html it has when you go to downloads, generic firmware and other models.

I've downloaded the software for E-18 and my tablet is still stuck at Green LED/Black screen when powering on.

Any help would be great. This is actually starting to feel like a thorn in my side.

Regards.

#77 Rooster11

Rooster11

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

Maybe it shouldn't be so confusing to show the right download for the specific problem for the specific device. Sounds to easy to be done. I received my defective tablet July 8th and now I have spent 5 hours just to get approved to get download.....

#78 ggb1979

ggb1979

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hi All

Was posting in another thread previously as thought I had a different tablet, bit of messing around and found this ROM to be the one for me. So incase anyone else has similar issues my tablet 'spec' is as follows, and I can confirm this ROM works great, including wifi etc (had to turn wifi off and back on to detect networks though?)

I thought I ordered a 'tabtech' but when it arrived it came in a box with 'Mid' written on.

Info from the tablet states:

Model VM8650
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build number generic 2.2 froyo v1.2.3-20110409.211203

Tablet has grey/silver back and menu button on front

LED is red when charging and green when in use

I haven't felt it vibrate but I do have the option turned off in the settings

POwer button is on left

on top is buttons 'menu' and volume + / -

ON right hand side is 2 speakers, micro SD card slot, another connection (like ipod) headphone and power sockets.

For what its worth I think the interface is fine, after a bit of messing around to clean things up (I like things tidy so removed the clock, the notification bar etc. etc.) One comment and I dont know if this is specific to me but some of the text in context menu's is hidden; i.e. if you hold over an icon a context menu pops up for (delete / unistall etc.) there are symbols visible but the text beneath is hidden. Minor gripe I know but i think peeps like feedback?

Anyway, thank you to slatedroid for the forums and thank you to the creator of this uberoid system which has improved my tablet 10X

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

#79 netizenmt

netizenmt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

I bought it on ###########, from an Italian seller (I live in Italy) essentially because I didn't want import duties. It costed me eighty euros. I have installed v5, which should be the last, right? :)

Uberoid is now up to version 6.2 FINAL.

#80 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

I bought it on ###########, from an Italian seller (I live in Italy) essentially because I didn't want import duties. It costed me eighty euros. I have installed v5, which should be the last, right? :)

---------------------------------

..when i previously used Uberoid.v5 (v6.2 is now available), i had to choose option #7 to get it to work properly..

---------------------------------

..Currently i am using Roger Calver's Singularity ROM v3, which usually does Not work on the Tablets with a "Green-LED"..

But, I got lucky with mine (MID-V7,Green-LED,No-Vibe), only because I found an "env_uboot file" from a different ROM and "spliced it" into the Singularity ROM.. But there is no guarantee this method will work for yours (M009D,Green-LED)..
(..you can read how i did mine at POST #177 on http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/18521-slatedroid-singularity-m009s-final/page__st__160 )

..My recommendation to you is to try the Uberoid ROM v6.2 at:
http://techknow.freeforums.org/uberoid-wm8650-1-3-0-hybrid-honeycombmod-v6-final-t801.html

..either method is tricky and you may have to re-do it a couple of times before it finally works correctly..

Good Luck,
Craig

Edited by craigdamico, 13 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.

Current Tablets That i Use On A Daily Basis:
MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MID-V7 is running a modified "Singularity M009s v3" ROM made by Roger Calver
(the "env_uboot" is made by Riandroidzx)