Photo

Avoid davismicro.com - brandsdragon.com - ahappydeal.com -everbuying.com - Yilutong Trading Company Ltd

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jack_a

jack_a

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope this post can save some trouble and some money to other people. I wish I've read something like this before ordering my tablet.

First of all, the names of the business firm you have to avoid:

- www.davismicro.com
- www.brandsdragon.com
- www.ahappydeal.com
- Shenzhen Yilutong Trading Company Ltd (on Aliexpress)

As you can see they use several different domains, maybe also some more I don't know of, the third one was added a few weeks ago. I can imagine that changing domains is used to restore the "virginity" of their reputation after their website gets bad reviews around the web. You can check if a website is managed by the simply by comparing their fax number, that is: (86)-755-26063125.

My personal experience: I found what seemed to be an Apad-looking with Android 2.1 at a bargain price. I took the chance (and I lost). Why?

1. Shipment: it took more than 50 days to arrive from them to my home (in Italy); eventually I discovered that a good part of this time was lost because the package was blocked by the customs for inspection. Why was it inspected? Simple, they were so silly to declare it as a gift with $30 value (I didn't ask them to fake the customs declaration). Customs officials are not stupid and they know well that packages with that size coming from Singapore and Hong Kong often contain valuable items, so they inspect routinely everything marked as gift with low value. Result: I got a letter from the customs asking for the payment receipt, I sent them the documentation, a lot of time was lost in the process, I paid the customs fee on the whole amount paid and... ...I also got a fine because of the false customs declaration from the sender.

2. Packaging: horribly packaged. The carton box of the tablet was simply rolled in a couple turns of bubble wrap, than the whole bubble wrap was covered with brown adhesive tape. Seems like they don't know the existence of boxes and envelopes. Obviously the carton box inside was slightly damaged, the tablet (apparently) not.

3. Product: first of all I turned the tablet on and it showed as a Cupcake rk2808-based tablet, the infamous version with blue led and camera on the left; no sign of Android 2.1; as a ridiculous attempt to fake it, the firmware revision was set to 2.1, but of course the firmware was based on Android 2.1. Let's go ahead. I turn on the wifi: "unable to start wifi". No matter what I do, there's simply no way to make it work. Ok, maybe I have a big MP4 player. Perhaps not even that: the battery reaches 100% in a few minutes then stops charging; if I disconnect the charger the battery lasts at most 45 minutes, and then the tabled dies without prior notice. When the charger is disconnected, it shows anyway "charging (USB)". Ok, that's pretty unusable.

4. Assistance: they're pretty fast in answering but, nonetheless, their answers are quite useless. The only thing they seemed to care was to close the PayPal dispute. No technical assistance at all. They proposed me to send it back to them for refund or replacement, but: I had to pay shipping back to china (that is more half the price I paid even with the cheapest shipping option); they gave no guarantee at all about how long would it take to have refund or replacement; they gave no guarantee at all about the quality of a possible replacement (if they sent a faked and broken product the first time, can I trust them to send something ok the second?); they wanted me to lose the money I paid for customs, pay for shipping back and (eventually) pay again customs if they ever send a replacement. This all, after I renounce to the PayPal claim and I'm left without any guarantees. Obviously I'm not that crazy.

5. Reaction: I'm in the process of managing claims for my payment in the hope to recover my money. In the meanwhile I reported them to the competent authorities. And also I'm writing here (and somewhere else) in order to prevent them as much as possible from cheating someone else.

I conclude this review with a suggestion to everyone: every time you buy from an online seller, check its reputation on sites on sites like siteadvisor.com or mywot.com. I wish I've done it when I placed my order: if I had read the reviews about brandsdragon on mywot.com, I would have not given them my money! And please, share your bad experiences on the same reputation sites (mywot.com even has a Firefox plugin for evaluating websites!).

Edited by jack_a, 15 May 2011 - 03:28 AM.

• nek4d likes this

#2 jack_a

jack_a

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:27 AM

In addition to the websites above, the above seller appears to be operating under the following name:

- www.everbuying.com

so also this site should be avoided at all cost.

#3 alek

alek

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

Hi Everyone, I am very grateful to read the comments on "ahappydeal.com" and other web addresses from that site, I was about to sign up for a dropshipping account with them, I had previously emailed paypal about them to find out if they were legit but they were unable to comment on their status!, so at least I have some info, And I will stay away from them, many thanks to the member for the valuable info.

#4 jack_a

jack_a

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

You're welcome, I'm happy that my experience was useful for someone else.

Please report too your experiences (positive or negative) on other sites, and don't forget my advice about posting reviews on mywot.com or siteadvisor.com.

#5 Talor

Talor

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:08 PM

I have heard a lot about davismicro, brandsdragon and everbuying from the shop review sites, most of them are negative. So it will be better to google before purchase. Besides, there are many other shopping sites from China like davismicro

Edited by Talor, 26 May 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#6 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,038 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:50 PM

First at all check how long the Websites of those companies are registered. The result would be: up to 99% below one year while most just within the last 3 month!!

If you buy from China, use AliExpress and/or Alibaba via their ESCROW Payment Processor system. That will give you a quite good protection.

Regarding Custom Clearance advice the seller for to attach a regular Invoice with true value as it has to be done using normal shipping procedures and terms.

To check a China company is really a legit and registered company, use the Exhibition Directories of China. Regarding an advice of the Attache of the Economic and Business section of the China Embassy in Bangkok, it's the only way because the China Government will NOT give any information to foreign companies or private persons.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#7 franky1111

franky1111

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

thats good to now thanks for the tip

#8 linda82

linda82

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

I have done many buisness with china ,so I thik something.

1.For the shipping

there are 3 shipping methodes

DHL
EMS
HONGKONG POST

DHL is very fast ,but it is expensive and easy to be stop by some countries custom ,like

brazil ,italy ,Hungary ..........

EMS is cheaper and more safe ,but it can not reach some countries like Ecuador ,Venezuela

HONGKONG POST is the best cheap ,but it is the lowest , it need 1 month to reach ,

sometimes need 3 months and easy to lose during the delivery, so you never got it .

But if you are in usa , it will be ok , becasue most of package will arrive in usa about 7

-25 days.

2.For the product

As you know , the package come from china , it is a long time, there will be happened

anthing to the package ,

A, maybe someone steal the item and just send the empty box to you
B maybe the package is impacted by somethig and then break ,so when you get it , it can

not run. and so on

there are so many reasones will make you not satisfied with this packagee.

3. Service

If you want to fix the item you have bought , it really need long time , because if you

send it back to us by dhl , usps , the package will be stop by china custom , the custom

will let the receiver pay much tax ,then give it to the receiver ,if you send by the lowest

shipping ,it need more long time like 1 month ,so it need long long time ,you can get this

fixed one back .

In all , far distance make all things disatified.

#9 caleula

caleula

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

Wish I'd found this forum earlier.

I purchased an 8GB MP4 Player from ahappydeal and paid extra for insurance. The item arrived without any bubble wrap protection, fitted tightly in a lightly padded bag. The plastic case inside was cracked, the wrong AC adapter was sent, the battery won't hold a charge and naturally, the time and date revert to the default settings.

Have tried for weeks to get a refund but was told their Post Office don't pay up on the insurance and I would have to pay [about two thirds the cost as I checked] to return it for a refund. Why then did I pay for insurance when these conditions are the same as for uninsured orders?

PayPal mediated, I finally caved in and closed the dispute after being offered [unofficially] a higher refund. Neither the manager nor the accountant respond to emails and the poor girl I am chatting with appears none the wiser being kept in the dark. Yesterday she was alarmed that nothing had been done.

Okay, I have a perfect ########### transaction record and should have checked further. Glad to know I'm not the only one caught out :(

Edit: A negotiated refund about 60% higher than originally offered was transferred to my account today. This was after closing the PayPal dispute.

Edited by caleula, 08 August 2011 - 07:48 PM.

#10 clarefly

clarefly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

This company not big problem for me now , their service follow me solve all the problem.
Chinese company always make low value for abroad customers , because they think that it will save customer some more money to pay for the tax. they also contact the customer to confirm before ship out ,but it will take some delay to ship the package

in my opinion , this company ok for me .

Edited by clarefly, 31 January 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#11 harry krishna

harry krishna

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope this post can save some trouble and some money to other people. I wish I've read something like this before ordering my tablet.

First of all, the names of the business firm you have to avoid:

- www.davismicro.com
- www.brandsdragon.com
- www.ahappydeal.com
- Shenzhen Yilutong Trading Company Ltd (on Aliexpress)

As you can see they use several different domains, maybe also some more I don't know of, the third one was added a few weeks ago. I can imagine that changing domains is used to restore the "virginity" of their reputation after their website gets bad reviews around the web. You can check if a website is managed by the simply by comparing their fax number, that is: (86)-755-26063125.

My personal experience: I found what seemed to be an Apad-looking with Android 2.1 at a bargain price. I took the chance (and I lost). Why?

1. Shipment: it took more than 50 days to arrive from them to my home (in Italy); eventually I discovered that a good part of this time was lost because the package was blocked by the customs for inspection. Why was it inspected? Simple, they were so silly to declare it as a gift with $30 value (I didn't ask them to fake the customs declaration). Customs officials are not stupid and they know well that packages with that size coming from Singapore and Hong Kong often contain valuable items, so they inspect routinely everything marked as gift with low value. Result: I got a letter from the customs asking for the payment receipt, I sent them the documentation, a lot of time was lost in the process, I paid the customs fee on the whole amount paid and... ...I also got a fine because of the false customs declaration from the sender.

2. Packaging: horribly packaged. The carton box of the tablet was simply rolled in a couple turns of bubble wrap, than the whole bubble wrap was covered with brown adhesive tape. Seems like they don't know the existence of boxes and envelopes. Obviously the carton box inside was slightly damaged, the tablet (apparently) not.

3. Product: first of all I turned the tablet on and it showed as a Cupcake rk2808-based tablet, the infamous version with blue led and camera on the left; no sign of Android 2.1; as a ridiculous attempt to fake it, the firmware revision was set to 2.1, but of course the firmware was based on Android 2.1. Let's go ahead. I turn on the wifi: "unable to start wifi". No matter what I do, there's simply no way to make it work. Ok, maybe I have a big MP4 player. Perhaps not even that: the battery reaches 100% in a few minutes then stops charging; if I disconnect the charger the battery lasts at most 45 minutes, and then the tabled dies without prior notice. When the charger is disconnected, it shows anyway "charging (USB)". Ok, that's pretty unusable.

4. Assistance: they're pretty fast in answering but, nonetheless, their answers are quite useless. The only thing they seemed to care was to close the PayPal dispute. No technical assistance at all. They proposed me to send it back to them for refund or replacement, but: I had to pay shipping back to china (that is more half the price I paid even with the cheapest shipping option); they gave no guarantee at all about how long would it take to have refund or replacement; they gave no guarantee at all about the quality of a possible replacement (if they sent a faked and broken product the first time, can I trust them to send something ok the second?); they wanted me to lose the money I paid for customs, pay for shipping back and (eventually) pay again customs if they ever send a replacement. This all, after I renounce to the PayPal claim and I'm left without any guarantees. Obviously I'm not that crazy.

5. Reaction: I'm in the process of managing claims for my payment in the hope to recover my money. In the meanwhile I reported them to the competent authorities. And also I'm writing here (and somewhere else) in order to prevent them as much as possible from cheating someone else.

I conclude this review with a suggestion to everyone: every time you buy from an online seller, check its reputation on sites on sites like siteadvisor.com or mywot.com. I wish I've done it when I placed my order: if I had read the reviews about brandsdragon on mywot.com, I would have not given them my money! And please, share your bad experiences on the same reputation sites (mywot.com even has a Firefox plugin for evaluating websites!).

i ordered some button cell batteries and a rear flashing light for my bicycle from them last night. so i'll see how this $7+ purchase works before i try them for a tablet. but i think it is necessary to understand where the tablet market is right now. they are making a clone of a clone. so the only real problem should be the physical ones. roots and updates will solve the rest.

as far as the practice of declaring the product as "gift", this has worked for me several times in the u.s. italy also restricts p2p, but we both know there are ways around obstructions.

the bottom line for me: if ahappydeal can furnish me a 10" tablet for $100 at my door (not quite there yet), i'm ahappyuser. at least until the next big thing.

#12 sma3tboy

sma3tboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

can you please tell me about hotmid.com and madeinchina.com are they trustable?

#13 mpharos

mpharos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I hope I read this post before buying from this ahappydeal china website. Normally I search any website that I'll deal with before purchasing from it, and this is what happened. But unfortunately I could not find a warning on this website, all what I could find is a praise by this website http://www.electrode...appydealreview/ , which I think has something to do with the Chinese company. I've placed an order for a tablet, a cell phone and a tablet case, but they did not ship any of them for 10 days now. Originally that are very good about communicating with you till you place your order and they get your money. After that they do not answer your emails, calls or whatever. I've just filled a dispute with paypal and waiting for them to resolve this issue.

I disputed the charges with paypal after more than 10 days of not shipping my order, and ahappydeal already refunded my money back the next day. I think everybody needs to do his reveiw homework before buying anything over the net.

Edited by mpharos, 15 November 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#14 kokesh

kokesh

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

I've placed an order for cheap tablet few days ago and than, few hours later found this topic. Is somebody here, who had good experience with them (item survived shipping, etc.)? I am hoping all will go well with my order.
After how many days should I open PayPal dispute? It is less than 10 days so far since my order now. Hope dies last :)

#15 JohnnyDepp

JohnnyDepp

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Jack_a.

You had done a good job for us! Appreciate! we all thank you for your hard work.
You option seems all ok, but there are something we should consider as below:

1. Shipment: it took more than 50 days to arrive from them to my home (in Italy);
Comment: EMS and HK Post will be low cost and long delivery; UPS,TNT,FEDEX will be more expensive and more fast delivery. it depends on which express way are you choose.

(I didn't ask them to fake the customs declaration). Customs officials hold the tablet and charge you money.
comment: this is all the fault of the seller, they SHOULD AND MUST negotiate the customs declare cost with you before delivery. the customs declare cost must be allowed by you because you will absorb the fee by yourself.

2. Packaging: horribly packaged.
Comment: Big fault by the seller, maybe there are some damage while air express. the seller is less experience at the package, the value digital goods must packed with bubble wrap. they are stupid and din't care for yr feeling.

3. Product: first of all I turned the tablet on and it showed as a Cupcake rk2808-based tablet,

Comment: since we have no idea for the defaul. maybe there are all fail by seller, maybe the tablet PC had been shocked while long and complecated delivery. No more comment for this point.

4. Assistance: they're pretty fast in answering but, nonetheless, their answers are quite useless.
comment: I agree the Linda82's point, here is her point:

If you want to fix the item you have bought , it really need long time , because if you

send it back to us by dhl , usps , the package will be stop by china custom , the custom

will let the receiver pay much tax ,then give it to the receiver ,if you send by the lowest

shipping ,it need more long time like 1 month ,so it need long long time ,you can get this

fixed one back

---FINALY--- WE MUST SAY (1) TRUST IS A Fundamental principle, NO COMPANY CAN GROW BETTER IF HE DECEIVE HIS CUSTOMERS IN NOWADAYS WEBSITE WORLDWIDE. (2)USE OUR KNOWLEDGE TO LEARN AND STUDY ONE ONLINE STORE. (2) GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE TRUSTED PERSON, FORUM WILL LET THE CHEAT DIE SOON.

#16 kokesh

kokesh

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Jack_a.

(I didn't ask them to fake the customs declaration). Customs officials hold the tablet and charge you money.
comment: this is all the fault of the seller, they SHOULD AND MUST negotiate the customs declare cost with you before delivery. the customs declare cost must be allowed by you because you will absorb the fee by yourself.

I actually believe, that it is not duty of the seller to negotiate with customs. Neither with you. You are the one, who have ordered the products and must comply with your country rules. You must do it as a customer. Always. I know what I am talking about, I have internet shop. If I would have to negotiate with customers all over the world, in behalf of my customers, I wouldn't do anything else the whole day. And also, it is the law, that the buyer is responsible for the products he bought.

Anyways: still waiting for my ordered tablet. PayPal Dispute is open since before it was send by aHappyDeal. Waiting for the condition and the type (will it be what I've ordered)? of the tablet. If everything is OK, I'll close it than. If not, I'll escalate it into PayPal claim and we'll see.

Edited by kokesh, 02 December 2011 - 01:06 PM.