Best Video Player

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ImaBricker

ImaBricker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

I know that there are a lot of people out there that use their tablet for traveling. While you're on the road, you want a couple of things from your tablet. You need a few games to play while you're waiting for either the plane to shut it doors or to fall asleep. But primarily we want a good video player. Nothing helps pass the time like video on a long flight. No interruptions from the pilot, and I'm not stuck with the latest editted chick-flick.

So what makes a good video player?

My thoughts:
1) Lot's of video formats supported. AVI and MP4 a must
2) Scaling options to best fit the screen
3) Resume from where you stopped watching so you could put your seat in the upright position
4) Scroll bar to jump foward and backward
5) *** a view speed multiplier *** What I mean: On m PSP, I hit a button and the video moves at 2x speed. Hit it again, 4x speed, again -> 8x speed, again -> back to regular play speed. I find this critical in skipping commercials from stuff I have ported from my TiVO to watch on the road. What I usually do is get to 4x or 8x speed and then hit play when I see the commercial is over. You can't do this with just a slider bar because you can't see the video until you stop sliding.
6) Stream from ethernet server or NAS.

What am I missing? I really would like to find a program with item 5 cause those click on the FF button ones just don't cut it for jumping commercials or boring parts.

#2 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

Sounds like you need a good PMP(portable media player), even though the PMP on the market up to date, they can't do 2) and 5). So far, I haven't see a good player on tablet can handle all your need. only the format support.

PS, I also seen many people want the subtitle support, but seems most player don't do it well. only few?
Places can find me:

HERE

#3 HaYTo

HaYTo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

thx..

#4 Jason Matsoukas

Jason Matsoukas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

5) *** a view speed multiplier *** What I mean: On m PSP, I hit a button and the video moves at 2x speed. Hit it again, 4x speed, again -> 8x speed, again -> back to regular play speed. I find this critical in skipping commercials from stuff I have ported from my TiVO to watch on the road. What I usually do is get to 4x or 8x speed and then hit play when I see the commercial is over. You can't do this with just a slider bar because you can't see the video until you stop sliding.

Well, iMplayer says it supports playback speed.

Another solution would be an easy "move forward/backward" option such as Act1 player has. You just swipe anywhere on the video and it will move either forward or backwards.

#5 Tabber

Tabber

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:32 AM

I have yet to try a video player other than You Tube. I'll have to check out the two mentioned above.
Video seems to work well so far on the tab, I have to say I did'nt expect it to work so well.

#6 allanonmage

allanonmage

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

I use Rockplayer. On my EVO I've loaded a custom kernel and CIFShare so it will play moview off my NAS via SMB. Getting all that configured is not for n00bs, but sweet when it works!

Playing media off the SD card is simple & easy. Getting larger files...not so fast though.

#7 drogers127

drogers127

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Kinda new to the video viewing thing. I bought a ripper/converter on ###########..WINX-PT edition. It was very easy to use, just 3 steps. I put it in computer memory and dumped it to a thumb drive. The tablet installed video player (Utube) would not recognize or play it. I downloaded a free video player App ( the one with the most stars) from Amazon and it worked perfectly.

#8 jimsie33

jimsie33

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

I find daroon player works well, available from the market. If you want to convert DVDs there is a free app for windows called free make. It will convert to lots of video formats. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

#9 DarkGuyver

DarkGuyver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

I've read that Rock Player is probably the best android Video player on the market right, and suppositly can play any video under the sun.

Edited by DarkGuyver, 15 December 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#10 xumi

xumi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

I use MXplayer, it does:

1)
2)
3)
4)
6) There's an option but haven't tried it.

5) is not available

Edited by xumi, 17 December 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#11 ThePhilMachine

ThePhilMachine

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

Is there a preferred player of choice for streaming MKVs? I have a home media server which I would like to stream the kids movies from.

#12 slygirl007

slygirl007

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Thanks all for the info. Found it useful

#13 Cliffs

Cliffs

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

new member , getting my 3 in...thanks for the info

#14 Dale Cousins

Dale Cousins

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

Can anyone recommend if any of the players work on a m003 please.

#15 psyman941

psyman941

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Password protection is a must

#16 ltnjosiah

ltnjosiah

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

Mobo video player is really good

#17 Souza1907

Souza1907

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Diceplayer looks well. Try it. (for saving your battery time)

#18 tabmad

tabmad

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Im a big fan of rockplayer plays all no fuss

#19 luis250

luis250

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Moboplayer the best :drinks:

#20 Maffu

Maffu

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

What is the forums recommended video player, MX Player ?

THx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users