Best Video Player What features would make the best video player?
Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:52 PM
So what makes a good video player?
1) Lot's of video formats supported. AVI and MP4 a must
2) Scaling options to best fit the screen
3) Resume from where you stopped watching so you could put your seat in the upright position
4) Scroll bar to jump foward and backward
5) *** a view speed multiplier *** What I mean: On m PSP, I hit a button and the video moves at 2x speed. Hit it again, 4x speed, again -> 8x speed, again -> back to regular play speed. I find this critical in skipping commercials from stuff I have ported from my TiVO to watch on the road. What I usually do is get to 4x or 8x speed and then hit play when I see the commercial is over. You can't do this with just a slider bar because you can't see the video until you stop sliding.
6) Stream from ethernet server or NAS.
What am I missing? I really would like to find a program with item 5 cause those click on the FF button ones just don't cut it for jumping commercials or boring parts.
Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:26 PM
PS, I also seen many people want the subtitle support, but seems most player don't do it well. only few?
Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:17 AM
Well, iMplayer says it supports playback speed.
Another solution would be an easy "move forward/backward" option such as Act1 player has. You just swipe anywhere on the video and it will move either forward or backwards.
Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:43 PM
Playing media off the SD card is simple & easy. Getting larger files...not so fast though.
Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:36 PM
Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:37 PM
Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk