M70007t Hybrid ROM

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 bigd5783

bigd5783

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

I tried your Rom in the first post and it works perfectly except resuming from hibernation. The screen wont respond at all after resuming but works fine after a fresh reboot.

This is the exact issue I was having hence the hybrid. I somehow overcome the screen issue with my edits. I wish I could pinpoint the exact change but I made so many that I don't exactly know which one "fixed" the problem.

#22 WesB

WesB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

I tried your Rom in the first post and it works perfectly except resuming from hibernation. The screen wont respond at all after resuming but works fine after a fresh reboot.

Yes I noticed this this weekend. I am working on another build that will hopefully repair this, the about setting FC and the 10.2 flash eval issue.

Edited by WesB, 16 May 2011 - 06:31 AM.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/uoZhg0e

#23 WesB

WesB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Update on the ROM for M70007T - I was able to figure out that changing just the env_boot file will indeed work for the M70007T. All you need to do is download Rogers latest build here http://173.255.228.1...M009s Firmware/ I used the 1.3.6.1 version with my tablet.

Once the file has downloaded proceed with normal upgrade instructions. When the files are copied to the SD Card find the env_boot file in the "\FirmwareInstall\env" folder - copy this file http://www.filesonic...59334/env_uboot into the folder to overwrite the previous one. Once you have made this change proceed with the flash.

Bugs I have noticed:
1. hybernation doesn't work - when you press the power button it pops up a window that asks if you want to power off or hibernate with a couple other options, press hibernate and it locks up (screen still on and led still on, just no response when you touch any buttons or the screen). You have to hold the power button for it to shut off then press the power button for it to boot up again.
2. WIFI works - but when you add a new network you have to disable WIFI wait a few seconds (around 10 secs) then enable before it will connect.

I may add more to this list as I find more.

Hats off to Roger for another great build!
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/uoZhg0e

#24 Dane

Dane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

I have the ROM v3.1 from hardcorehacker, is normal the wifi very weak in M70007T ? Because i have another tablet and the wifi is strong.

What do you recomend?

#25 DUPA

DUPA

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

ok im downing it now i have the same prob as wesb had i got the greed led/vibrate and no touch screen i hope this work i will post and let you know

#26 LeonAki

LeonAki

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hi,
I'm from Dominican Republic (sorry for my english), I have a problem I just bought a 7' tablet with android 2.2 but is running too slow and I cant connect it to a wi-fi network.

I bought it on ###########

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-MID-702-Google-Android-2-2-7-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-/290563929738?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9205740756845904521#ht_4913wt_962

#27 WesB

WesB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

I have the ROM v3.1 from hardcorehacker, is normal the wifi very weak in M70007T ? Because i have another tablet and the wifi is strong.

What do you recomend?

Did you try Rogers 1.3.6.1 build?

Hi,
I'm from Dominican Republic (sorry for my english), I have a problem I just bought a 7' tablet with android 2.2 but is running too slow and I cant connect it to a wi-fi network.

I bought it on ###########

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-MID-702-Google-Android-2-2-7-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-/290563929738?_trksid=p4340.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9205740756845904521#ht_4913wt_962

Try turning wi-fi off for at least 10 seconds then turn it back on, then see if it finds a wi-fi network. Also when connecting for the first time it helps to be in the same room with the wi-fi router.

Edited by WesB, 30 May 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#28 LeonAki

LeonAki

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

Try turning wi-fi off for at least 10 seconds then turn it back on, then see if it finds a wi-fi network. Also when connecting for the first time it helps to be in the same room with the wi-fi router.

if turn off the wi-fi, it says wi-fi error when i try to turn off and i have to restar it.
but the tablet can see all the networks.

i want to know which rom can I install it.

#29 WesB

WesB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

if turn off the wi-fi, it says wi-fi error when i try to turn off and i have to restar it.
but the tablet can see all the networks.

i want to know which rom can I install it.

Hmmm sounds like you may have the wrong wi-fi drivers... Not sure. Have you tried re-flashing the ROM?

#30 LeonAki

LeonAki

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hmmm sounds like you may have the wrong wi-fi drivers... Not sure. Have you tried re-flashing the ROM?

I install it this rom
HYBRiD WM8650 Uberoid v5 134.97MB

Is running much more smoothly but i can't connect to a wi-fi network more than 5 mins.

#31 Radon_22

Radon_22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:13 AM

This is the exact issue I was having hence the hybrid. I somehow overcome the screen issue with my edits. I wish I could pinpoint the exact change but I made so many that I don't exactly know which one "fixed" the problem.

I think it may be these lines here:

setenv touchic true
setenv touchirq gpio0
setenv touchcodec uor615x
These are absent from the Vest. rom. I copied this into another rom I'm using on a 2.2-novibration-multitouch-blackheadphonejack-nobranding MID unit I'm using and there seems to be an improvement in responsiveness. Thanks for helping me figure this out!
The quickest way to find any lost gadget or part is to order a replacement.

#32 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

I will be making a build of Slatedroid Singularity for the M7007T but could I ask what changes do I need to add/edit for it to work ?

Is it just the env changes to fix touch screen or are there other changes as well, Ive read about sound problems.

Rog.
Slatedroid Singularity

#33 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

Roger or others: what is the status of getting singularity to work on the green led versions? I think it would be nice to have a separate entry for the latest versions, as the existing board is getting kind of cluttered and hard to follow.

#34 WesB

WesB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

I have been out of town for a much needed break, sorry for any delays. Roger, I was able to make changes to the env_boot file and make the screen work - download this file - http://www.filesonic...59334/env_uboot and you can see the changes I made.

#35 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

WesB: Is this for Singularity? Do green led users just substitute your env-uboot for the one in the env folder of singularity?

#36 Phil Eugene

Phil Eugene

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

WesB: Is this for Singularity? Do green led users just substitute your env-uboot for the one in the env folder of singularity?

I think this is for a VESTinious build but if you want to try my env_boot that I used to get singularity working on my green LED here it is. I am NOT a pro - just tried a couple little edits and it worked.

http://kwaatz.com/te...video/env_uboot
just copy and paste that over old env_boot

Worse case is it won't work for you but no promises lol..

#37 classicalguy

classicalguy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'll try it just as soon as I receive my tablet from China. I received a broken tablet, sent it back, and have been waiting FOREVER for the replacement. I'm hoping it's here this week.

#38 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I got the "Singularity.v3" ROM to Work on my "GREEN-LED,NO-VIBE" MID v7 !!

..i took the "env_uboot" from the "Green-led-bly-706f-v1" ROM
at www.slatedroid.com/topic/18404-green-led-bly-706f-v1-rom-update-290511and-roms-for-any-other-via-8650-based-tablet-on-demand/

AND

put it into the "Singularity.v3" ROM
at www.slatedroid.com/topic/18521-slatedroid-singularity-m009s-final/

THEN

i copied the modified "Singularity.v3" ROM to my MicroSD, inserted the MicroSD into my Tablet, and then it totally loaded and is working Perfectly !!

"env_uboot" is located in these sub-folders on your computer after unzipping the downloaded ROMs.. -
C:\..\Vestinious M009s 1.3.6.1 Wifi hotfix (Bly-706f - v1)\FirmwareInstall\env\env_uboot
C:\..\Slatedroid Singularity M009s FINAL v3\FirmwareInstall\env\env_uboot

I just swapped these files, and now I have the awesome Singularity-ROM on my GREEN-LED Merimobiles 7" MID v7 Tablet !!

..and I am very Excited !!

Thanks To Roger & Riandroidzx,
Craig

Edited by craigdamico, 15 June 2011 - 04:42 PM.

Current Tablets That i Use On A Daily Basis:
MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MID-V7 is running a modified "Singularity M009s v3" ROM made by Roger Calver
(the "env_uboot" is made by Riandroidzx)

#39 gemma..1306

gemma..1306

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

HELPPP .. my epad is stuck on the loading screen what do i do?? .. i have the m70007t

i hope you can help!

#40 wannaknow

wannaknow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

so any news on getting a working rom for the m7007?

Or do we use the normal one with the modified bootlogger?