Photo

what's the best tablet for 300 dollars and under in your opinion?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 natedizzle

natedizzle

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

I was thinking about getting the coby kyros but I don't want to make another mistake like I did with the pandigital novel (black)...any suggestions of other models would be great
  • emma4ya likes this

#2 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Hard to tell really, everyone has different taste and the way they use. you better have a look the tablet DB on the site, read the info and compare them and chose the one you need or like.

Good luck. ;)
Places can find me:

HERE

#3 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

I'm reading good things about the (modded) Nook color. Also the Viewsonic gtablet.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#4 al93lante

al93lante

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

I'm reading good things about the (modded) Nook color. Also the Viewsonic gtablet.

Dryster, I have the $249 Color Nook. I flashed an SD with cyanogen mod7 to make it bootable, and have a sweet tablet that does not violate the warranty terms on the machine. A buddy of mine has one that he rooted, then used the CM7 ROM. Can't make phone calls without Skype and have to tether to my phone for non-wifi internet but other than that, happy with it. Looking forward to a stable Honeycomb.

#5 Radon_22

Radon_22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

The current "popular" two in that price range is the Nook Color and the Viewsonic G-tab. The tradeoffs between the two are screen, horsepower, and size.

The Nook Color has a beautiful screen and a nice interface. The G-tablet has a larger screen and a screaming-fast dual core processor. Do some research between the two. You won't go wrong with either one. :drinks:
The quickest way to find any lost gadget or part is to order a replacement.

#6 harder58

harder58

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

I have read a lot of good things about Viewsonic gtablet

#7 Chewspeas

Chewspeas

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

I love my white pandigital novel, with all the discounts it ended up being about $25!!! ($59.99 special minus 20% minus $30 rebate, I can't believe they honored all of it!) So I don't feel bad messing around with it sicne I am so new at all this. But I know compared to what most of you have it is a dinosaur....

#8 swampydude

swampydude

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:30 AM

I am running vegan tab rc1 on my gtab does everything i need it to and more and the few tegra games on it look sweet.
probly got a longer hardware life than the nook. Honeycomb roms are starting to appear won,t be long for a stable g-tab rom then best bang for buck tablet around immo.

#9 hayden

hayden

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

I have an archos 101 which i seem to like. Keep in mind i'm fairly new with these tablets and such.

#10 aaron-ini

aaron-ini

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

There's a new Acer Iconia Tab A500 one in Best Buy for $400. It has an NVidia Tegra 2 CPU, better screen than GTabs (more like an $800 Xoom or the iPad), and it's already running Android Honeycomb 3.1. The down side is 6.5 hour battery life and the sound needs to be cranked up all the way to hear at "normal" volumes. I think it's worth it if you have the $400.

#11 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

I would still think that the Viewsonic gTablet takes the award at the moment, just saw one end on eBay for $257.50 so it qualifies, I just want the 7" Viewsonic Tegra to sell for less than $300 and I'll jump in. At the moment, my $170 Witstech A81E is doing just fine, scratching by on froyo. I can't wait for all the toys available to us in the next seven months!

Oh, that was my 100th post on Slatedroid, do I get cake?
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#12 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:27 PM

How about the Rena3? Capacitive 7" screen, really responsive, Froyo 2.2, Cortex A9 dual core. You can get it online for around $250, but I can sell my black one to you for less.

PSN: Vapourstreak
GTA IV • LittleBigPlanet • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Selling my black Rena3. PM for details

#13 Col. Punches

Col. Punches

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

The current "popular" two in that price range is the Nook Color and the Viewsonic G-tab. The tradeoffs between the two are screen, horsepower, and size.

The Nook Color has a beautiful screen and a nice interface. The G-tablet has a larger screen and a screaming-fast dual core processor. Do some research between the two. You won't go wrong with either one. :drinks:

I'm probably too late to the topic to be useful to the original poster, but that's in line with what I've read. I bit on the Gtablet woot deal and have been enjoying it running VEGAn-TAB. I haven't looked into the support community for the Nook Color, but between here and over at the xda-developers forum, there's a ton of information that helped me get the ROM installed pretty painlessly. For the cost and the use that I'm getting out of it (web browsing, e-mailing, some silly games), I don't regret getting the Gtablet at all. Good luck.

#14 emma4ya

emma4ya

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

I was thinking about getting the coby kyros but I don't want to make another mistake like I did with the pandigital novel (black)...any suggestions of other models would be great

Try the Viewsonic gtablet.

#15 lelikodessa

lelikodessa

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

You scroll to the bottom of a post, enter a reply and wait for moderator approval.

Start with my link above.

#16 shakin steve

shakin steve

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Look at the Zenithink ZT-280 C91. Its a lot of tablet for the money

#17 unalee

unalee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

Look at the Zenithink ZT-280 C91. Its a lot of tablet for the money

Zenithink ZT-280 C91 the price is too high, NOVO 7 Paladin Android 4.0 is cheaper

#18 jakson0100

jakson0100

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

i would recommend Viewsonic gtablet .very nice tablet

#19 misspixie

misspixie

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

I would say Ainol Novo7 AdvancedII. Hope this will help you.

#20 Stormspace

Stormspace

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have an archos 101 which i seem to like. Keep in mind i'm fairly new with these tablets and such.

+1. Just got this one and it's just as full featured and quick as an iPad.

Of course woot has a Galaxy 10.1 today for 299