unbrick cruz tablet

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 ram11

ram11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

hi, i have the cruz reader 102,and tried installing the JGM's 4.0 800Mhz firmware running at 800Mhz,itstarted to load of sd card,then to gray screen with line on top.i tryed to re start,and get white screen then goes to cruze screen and sits there ,any ideas,thanks.

#22 AARONRENGEL

AARONRENGEL

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

i dont think you can unbrick an android device, but i could be wrong. sorry i not more helpful.

#23 NottaCruzza

NottaCruzza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Can you see the tablet in adb? If you can you might try to see about getting into recovery. If you can get that far then you are not bricked. I have bricked my t103 several times.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

#24 sagem

sagem

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Good night friends, I need your valuable advice on install android 2.2 update to my cruz T105, and all very well but when I start the browser and I agree to any page closes immediately. and install multiple browsers and does the same, only youtube browser works fine without problem and the market cross. I could do to solve that problem. I thank you in advance comments :nea:

#25 Kurt Mosiejczuk

Kurt Mosiejczuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Good night friends, I need your valuable advice on install android 2.2 update to my cruz T105, and all very well but when I start the browser and I agree to any page closes immediately. and install multiple browsers and does the same, only youtube browser works fine without problem and the market cross. I could do to solve that problem. I thank you in advance comments :nea:

http://www.slatedroi...hes-workaround/

#26 rumplenelskin

rumplenelskin

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I saw the topic of this thread and decided to give it a whirl. I have a cruz T301 I was trying to update the rom and I found out too late my update.zip was currupt. Long story short I have a tablet that comes up to a cruz boot screen and thats all. Pressing + and power does nothing even if I hit reset with a paperclip. I have figured out enough to ADB into it. removed some bloat and even replaced the recovery.cpio.img and tried to recover again. NUTHIN!! tell it to recover from the SD card isn't working I get a complaint from the tablet "[1] Segmentation fault recovery"
I'm kinda lost. OK I'm just plain old fashioned lost. I'll keep tapping on the keyboard trying things but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#27 rumplenelskin

rumplenelskin

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

ok good news I did unbrick mine!! I was able to reflash the system by way of pushing system.img from the original update.zip to the /data/ directory and then adb into it and from adb shell run #inand_flash_image system /data/system.img. This is what worked for me.
  • mrsburnout likes this

#28 Acorlin

Acorlin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

This is not quite on topic but just as annoying. Has anyone had any luck resetting to factory spec a Cruz PS47 that has been locked?
Thanks

#29 xerocool

xerocool

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Looks like I might have found some answers to my issues already. Thanks everyone.

#30 iDxLr8u

iDxLr8u

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

If you hold a paperclip in the reset slot for a few seconds, does your tablet do anything? Any lights or anything else?

hi. the reset button is what seems to have bricked my t103. i too, have been researching this issue to no avail. i'm gonna try the zip to sd flashtrickdescribed in here.any up to date advice?