• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hello,
Can anyone provide the steps to unbricking my cruz tablet???

#2 Kevdroid

Kevdroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

What do you mean by bricking it? Did you do something and now it won't boot at all? It's my understanding that it is possible to brick an Android device and never be able to revive it. If it can still boot though you might be able to reload the update.zip file that is on the Velocity Micro website.

#3 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

it doesn't boot.

#4 indy2061

indy2061

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Have you tried the flashing procedure with the latest ROM? Which model is you tablet?

#5 Kevdroid

Kevdroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

If you hold a paperclip in the reset slot for a few seconds, does your tablet do anything? Any lights or anything else?

#6 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

i have tried the reset button it didnt work. the only lights that come on are the 3 touch panel buttons. (home, back, and menu). i am at a lost truly. please help me.

#7 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

@indy i am not sure on how to flash it could you provide the steps for me?

#8 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

t103

#9 Kevdroid

Kevdroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

The instructions to flash your ROM can be found here: http://cruzsupport.v...asp?deptID=5758

However if you can get anything to show up on your screen then this won't help too much, but you might as well give it a try. Not much to lose at this point.

Edited by Kevdroid, 29 April 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#10 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

i tried this... i downloaded the update to a newly formated sd card and put it in the sd slot and held the power and vol+ button and nothing happened. am i doing something wrong?

#11 Kevdroid

Kevdroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Sounds like you did it right, the last option which is on that link as well is the alternative method. See if you can get your computer to recognize it and see if it can be done by that method.

#12 dastudbehr24

dastudbehr24

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

GUYS I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!! woot woot!!! i had to unplug the battery for a few seconds and then hold power and vol+ key and the update started from the sd card. the error was e:bad boot... so any one having this issues unplug the battery for about 35 sec and then insert sd card with update and leave zipped update should start and tablet will boot! thank you KEVDROID!

#13 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Glad to hear you have it working.

#14 Kevdroid

Kevdroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

No problem. Glad to hear you were able to fix it.

#15 delerious

delerious

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

I tried to update my Velocity Cruz Reader R101 to the 800mhz version of the Macho Cruz rom and now I am experiencing the infamous white screen of death (WSOD). I am unable to flash back to the current Velocity Cruz ROM (or any other ROM for that matter). I have tried wiping the internal SD card and then repartitoned my formatted internal SD card to a 1GB/3GB partitions. All told, I have spent several hours trying to recover my bricked Cruz Reader.

What is particularly frustrating about this problem is that there appears to be some randomness to what you experience when this happens (making it hard to determine if any particular solution is actually working or not). For example, when pressing vol+ and power to try and re-flash, I have seen:

1) Solid white screen with no subsequent changes
2) Solid white screen, then black screen, then white screen (repeats from 1-5 times) then solid white screen with no change
2) Solid white screen, then black screen, then white screen (repeats from 1-5 times) then Cruz logo (which never goes away)

I would like to hear from anyone who has successfully recovered their Cruz Reader from the WSOD. Particularly, can you describe what sequence of screens you saw when it finally worked? For example, did you first see a white screen, then a Cruz logo, then Andy robot? Or did the white screen flash a number of times first? How long did it take before you saw the Andy robot, etc.?

#16 delerious

delerious

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

A couple of additional notes:

* I have also tried the "3-handed reset"

* I have tried leaving my Cruz Reader unplugged from the battery for 36 hours

* When I plug the R101 into the USB port on my computer, I sometimes see an "Unknown device" appear under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in the Windows XP Device Manager

#17 PcCowboy

PcCowboy

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

A couple of additional notes:

* I have also tried the "3-handed reset"

* I have tried leaving my Cruz Reader unplugged from the battery for 36 hours

* When I plug the R101 into the USB port on my computer, I sometimes see an "Unknown device" appear under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in the Windows XP Device Manager

I got into the same trouble as you. I use one of the "Mod" firmware and bricked by R103. All it was good for was a night light. I tried everything and every forum I could find. Nothing worked. I only had it for about 4 months so I turn in a trouble ticket on it. I told them That I had flashed the firmware with their new updated one from their site and now all I had was a white screen. They had me to send it in and they sent me a new one. Don't know if I could get away with this again so no more "Mods" for me.

Dallas

#18 honeybearbear

honeybearbear

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think mine is bricked too... Searching forum for answers led me to this, but nothing has changed

#19 the720k

the720k

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

You might want to ask for advice in the Cruz Reader section. The R101 is not the same type of device as the Txxx tablets; it's a totally different animal than the Cruz Tablet. Tablet is MIPS-based and the Reader is an ARM device. Most of us here wouldn't know where to begin helping you, as we mostly only have the Txxx series Tablets.

Hopefully someone there can help you.

Sent from my T104 using Tapatalk

Edited by the720k, 23 March 2012 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#20 skurtov 1

skurtov 1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

i tried this... i downloaded the update to a newly formated sd card and put it in the sd slot and held the power and vol+ button and nothing happened. am i doing something wrong?

It usually takes multiple tries. Keep at it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk