Android Tablets Forum banner

Micro sd card

8K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  AlAbbo 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if micro SDHC cards work with the Gtablet?
The documentation i got with my gtablet only said SD, so while shopping for one I see there is also SDHC cards as well as just plain SD.
don't want to be buying something I can't use

#3 ·
I'm using a 4GB SDHC in mine right now, so I guess it will. I took it out to look to make sure it was SDHC. I don't think it makes much difference, but it is a class 4 Micro SDHC. class 6 and above I think is for have fast it writes and reads? Not sure though, some one may be able to correct me on that.

#6 ·
The HC in SDHC simply means "High Capacity". SD cards were originally designed with a 2GB limit, although some now go as high as 4GB. SDHC cards simply mean they have a capacity higher than 4 GB, and they typically work in devices that only call for SD. The G Tablet can take SDHC cards up to 32 GB.

Also, it is best to buy memory cards from a reputable store. There are a lot of fake memory cards being imported from China and sold in the U.S., especially on online auction sites. These fake cards might say they are 16 GB or 32 GB, but they are actually low capacity cards (typically 1 GB or 2 GB) that have been repackaged and "hacked". The "hack" tricks devices and computers into thinking the cards have higher capacity than they really have. They may seem to work fine at first, but wait until you try to exceed the cards true capacity. If the price seems to good to be true, it is a phony card. Don't rely on buyer's feedback in auctions either. Scammers know how to circumvent the system.

#7 ·
He brings up good points. If you are buying locally retail, you are less likely to get the fake ones, but you will also pay a good bit more usually.
I buy from Amazon, buy.com and meritline and have never had an issue (I go through quite a few cards for a lot of devices)

#20 ·
Class 4 is capable of transferring a minimum of 4MB of data per second, well within any of the video playback the gTab is capable. I have a 32G class 4 in my wife's gTab that she uses exclusively for playing videos. The only time you will notice the difference is in transferring the videos to the cards. Class 4 @ 4MB/second....Class 10 @ 10MB/second. You'll be waiting over twice as long to copy to the Class 4. I just do somehting else while it copies.

Al

#16 ·
I have a class 4 in mine that I have a couple of 250mb + files of concerts I captured on YouTube downloaded to that play without a single shudder. You SHOULD be fine too unless there is something I'm not yet aware of. Mine's not full yet so that might possibly be an isssue I suppose but it is about half full.

#19 ·
Depending on the ROM, it can vary. For instance, in most HC ROMs that require a 2048/0 partition, the sdcard is the 2048 partition and USB Storage is the rest of the 14GB storage. So, moving apps to SD actually just moves it off of the main app 2048MB partition, but it still resides on the tablet. It is all ROM dependent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.