Android Tablets Forum banner

flush's custom froyo rom cmp738a v0.2

51K views 134 replies 34 participants last post by  Android Fan! 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have ported the OneTab Custom ROM for the Craig cmp738a, based on craig official froyo 2.2 ROM

changelog v0.2 (only flashable using rkbatchupgrade!!)

- integrated new market, please test if downloads start
for some apps you have to mount sd to pc to install them properly (Angry Birds)!!

Link

md5sum:

flushs_custom_froyo_rom_cmp738a_v0.2_update.img.zip ( only flashable using rkbatchupgrade)
857f26ca721ab392cfa1addb0bbce50a

flushs_custom_froyo_rom_cmp738a_v0.2_update.img
6d2712cce85543a70217cc5677121cd8

changelog v0.1

- removed apps:

onlinehelp, passionquickoffice, colornote, doctogo, slide, bookclub
please tell me, if you want me to put them in again or want to have me delete some other apps

- added apps:

zeamlauncher
spareparts
LiquidParticles_Live_Wallpaper_1.1 (taken from shads rom, hope he doesn't mind!!)
LiveWallpapersPicker (taken from shads rom, hope he doesn't mind!!)
adbwireless (taken from shads rom, hope he doesn't mind!!)
amazonmarket
astro
cifsmanager (for mounting windows shares)
ntfsvolume (for mounting ntfs formated usb-drives or sdcards, read/write support! very big thanks goes to farazite for that!)

- added ntfs-3g (for mounting ntfs formated usb-drives or sdcards, read/write support! very big thanks goes to farazite for that!)
- added cifs.ko for mounting windows shares
- added fuse.ko for ntfs-3g support
- added ntfs.ko to /system/lib/modules for read only mounting of ntfs formated usb-drives or sdcards
- added symlinks for ntfs-3g
- changed usbmode at boot to prevent mounting to pc
- some other tweaks

This is first version of it. This is my ported ROM of my OneTab ROM, i have taken some modifications of shads rom , hope he doesn't mind and will make a much better rom, because he has more knowledge than me, i am just learning by doing.!!!

I have to thanks farazite for his great port of ntfs-3g and ntfsvolume, thank you!!!
And of course shad who has done a realy nice job with his rom and modifications and most important Li0nHeart, lefeudedieu, fun_ and xaueious, etc ...

I am not responsible for any damage or brick of your device.! This is not an official ROM by Craig. It will void your warranty if you flash it!

flushs custom froyo rom ver 0.1:

Link

md5sum:

flushs_custom_froyo_rom_cmp738a_v0.1_update.img.zip
b0ec9427f2bde9e9c1b397fa74d9168

flushs_custom_froyo_rom_cmp738a_v0.1_update.img
14780e7a5a0cdd688c546179a6fcc6f6

there are some bugs in it, so if you find some or if you already posted bugs in other threads, please post them here again, please!

See less See more
#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
for some apps you have to mount sd to pc to install them properly (Angry Birds)!!
Ha, it worked. Just connected via USB. SD card was mounted. Now if you could just get img to install without having to use BatchUpgrade.

Edit: All you have to do is connect via USB and have Rock-Chips available (it has an internal card). No need for the real card. Installed AB Rio. Barely playable. Can't turn background off.

BTW, you might as well use the internal SD card for something since Android doesn't. I put my wallpapers and music on it. Screenshot will use it. Well, I guess it does if there is no SD card in. Looks like we are limited to installing about 20 additional apps on the normal internal storage.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
How would it work snagging stuff form the market ... do you need to have the tablet connected via USB for it to install where it should? Or is that not even possible and it installs to device memory instead of storage anyway?

EDIT: I'm clearly missing something because I can't even figure out how to get to the apk files I wanted to install that failed before. Tab says drives are unmounted or just aren't available and obviously can't install from the pc side. Feel like I'm wearing the dunce hat right now. lol

#11 ·
I went ahead and installed the official 2.2 firmware and it went good,i dropped the update.img on the rockchip root and it installed fine,then i replaced it with flushbacks custom rom and im getting an error(it writes kernel/check,it writing boot/check,writng system/check,writing backup E:write failed(no space left on device)E:failure at line 19:update failed please reboot and try again,well i did and it keeps giving me the same error,to make it worse i cant change the options where it says reboot system now in blue,thats the only option i get,no recovery no factory reset.I tried to do the holding the home power button thing with the usb and my computer is not seeing it,i hear it beep but nothing pops up.Hopefully someone can help me.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I installed 2.2 official,just by putting it on the root of the rockchip drive and it installed fine,but i can't get to recovery through the power/home button usb cable way,i get a beep then i let go of the buttons,but my pc doesnt ask for a driver and no drive pops up??I'm trying to use RKbatchupgrade with no avail.

Edit:Ok i got to my recovery finally.man my computer was being a pain and ran RKbatchupgrader and have successfully installed the Flushback rom.

#18 ·
I think I figured out my misunderstanding about mounting the Craig with pc to get things to install ... some apps don't install (like Angry Birds) without the internal storage pc-mounted. However, even when it is pc-mounted, the internal storage is not where the app installs--it still installs to device memory, not storage.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
how can you get the rock-chips after you connect via USB? mine just showed android phone with unaccessable two drive. any idea??
thanks.
If you start the batchupgrade first then hold your buttons and plug the usb cable into your pc, you should be able to use the drivers in that folder. You should also see a green square over the number 1.

You don't have to use the batch upgrader, but if you go back to my computer you should be able to access your drives now.

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one ones on the screen or the actual home button on the player itself?,yes all buttons work.My only bug with this new rom is that after i installed the driver for RKbatchupgrader,my pc dont see my externel SD or internel rockchip drives now.They pop up,but you dont get access.

#31 ·
For those having trouble using BatchUpgrade:

The firmware does not have to be on the root of the rockchip drive just on your computer if you are using batchupgrade.

1. power down your tablet
2. and plug the usb cable into the tablet but not the pc
3. hold down the home and power button at the same time (the tablet should not turn on, if it does start over) then plug the usb cable into pc
4. after the pc installs the drivers. go to the device manager in the control panal and find the rockchip device and manually install the drivers that came in the rkutils zip
5. run bathcupgrade
6. select the rom you want to flash
7. click update

after the flash, the tablet will turn on and do its thing... then reboot

Also, for those who want to removed some of the pre-installed apps, download SystemAppRemoverV4.apk and install, it will let you uninstall preinstalled apps like facebook etc.

#33 ·
Im using the older V2 rom based on the craig firmware. And the internal flash space is not accessible by the craig for move to sd, ect., and not showing up in the SD Card and Storage in the settings menu. This is the same on all the versions of 2.2 based on the stock craig firmware. but other than that it runs fine.

So, my question is....has this been resolved in "flushs custom 2.2 v0.2 rom"? As this would be the only reason I would have to change firmware again...

Thanks

#45 ·
Thanks folks.
I do have my original apps backed up. But it's good that some here mentioned that to back them up before doing an update. That way you can readd things.

@flushback666 - You're doing an awesome job with these ROMs! As soon as I get time I'll try to check out the newest one.

#55 ·
@Flush when you get a chance can you shoot me a PM on your process for opening up system.img. I've been trying to mount the stock system after extracting everything out of update.img.

Thanks bud hope to be of some assistance in a short time here.

#56 ·
If you're running zeam, on the home page,click setting menu. Then select Preferences. Under Workspace select the option to Manage Wallpaper internally. Then the wallpaper will be scaled properly if you change screen rotation.

#57 ·
Hey guys,..and gals,...if you've been following the issue about the internal storage space issue with the cmp738a running 2.2... I finally got around to getting some screenshots from my M009s running 2.2.. apps2sd works also (and it does move them to the internal flash drive).. compare them to the ones of the craig running 2.2..

#59 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys,..and gals,...if you've been following the issue about the internal storage space issue with the cmp738a running 2.2... I finally got around to getting some screenshots from my M009s running 2.2.. apps2sd works also (and it does move them to the internal flash drive).. compare them to the ones of the craig running 2.2..
I don't think it's a prob for most people. One way to make use of the internal card is to set up your apps with the external card out. Then things like Kindle books get stored internally.

Anyway, I'm done messing with this. The only thing I don't like about Zeam is stuff on the dock moving around. So I set down-swipe to open Notifications and up-swipe to open apps. Wallpaper now gets centered too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.