#1 ·
I have lots of big monitors and stuff lining the back edge of my desk
and really, nowhere to put my G-Tablet when I set it down while getting
info from my PC or doing other things.

I told my wife and she said, "Oh, I can fix that!" She went off to
one of the closets and brought me back one of the little table brackets
that she puts her decorative plates on. You can buy them at Wal-Mart,
usually for less than $5.

It L-shaped and folds out to make a "V" that neatly hold the G-Tab.

But I'm still looking for other better options if anyone finds a good one.

RevBC

#6 ·
+1 for the business card holder...best idea I've seen in a while. I had some weird foam covered twist ties that are like 2ft. long I use to tie up ladders and such in my shop that when folded up and shaped right worked ok, but I think I'm gonna go drop a couple clams on the cheapest, best tab stand I've seen...thanks!

#15 ·
Thanks for the tip, I was at my local best buy and saw a Five Below next door, remembered your post, and picked up the stand and 2 iPad screen protectors, which i cut to fit the screen using a photo slicer! perfect fit and crystal clear, beats buying them for 20-30 bucks! the stand is awesome! The stand has nice firm grips and 8 angles to choose from! thanks again ed1field!

#14 ·
I bought a simple metal stand at Michael's craft store; it was in the frames section and is intended as a little stand for a picture. It works great for holding the gTab at the right angle and is very stable. They also had a folding version.

#16 ·
Another HUGE vote here for the Arkon! Got one off of Amazon for like $14.00 at the same time I bought the full Skinomi kit. The Arkon is nice enough in the respects that holds the G-tab in landscape or portrait mode and at a variety of angles. On top of that, I can fold it small enough to even hold my Evo at work which is a bonus on it's own!

#25 ·
AGREED! I too bought into the Arkon stand and the darker carbon fiber Skinomi. I found that the plus on the carbon is that my hands didn't suffer the sweats from being in touch with the plastic back of the gTab, and with the stands ability to fold almost completely flat and consume very little space, these are two of the best purchases that I've made this year, besides the gTab, that is. Feels much better now, and quite a bit grippier as well. Highly recommended addition...even if applying the Skinomi was a bit tricky for someone like yours truly, that has no experience with applying things of this nature.

#18 ·
I just got the doc for like 38 bucks. Now its always charged, and I have a keyboard (wish mouse also, but no cursor in current rom) when its docked. I wish it was at a bit of an angle though. but I can prop it a bit.

But if your going to spend 15 bucks, you might as well just go for the doc.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is probably close to the 'Bluto' case at www.electroniccrap.com. If you do go this route, make sure you get a screen protector, or try to use some kind of thin pad between the Tab screen and keyboard.

EDIT: Sorry, the Bluto is Bluetooth, and this keyboard is USB cable. Not as close, but still would need something to buffer between the screen and keyboard.

#23 ·
Great Ideas here, I ended buying a Arkon Portable Fold-Up Stand for 12.97 shipped on Amazon, mostly because the adjustable viewing angle as this is kind of an issue with the GTAB.
Not sure if links are allowed, but here it goes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CKVOOY
You have to pick from one of the available merchants in order to get free shipping though. I choose the one from mountguys but there are are other options as well.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've used the card holder for my smartphone, but with the gTab's "viewable" screen, the angle wasn't right and i have a corner office with lots of glare.

Quick look around my desk... ding!!
** 8" hardcover journal with an elastic band cover**

Set the journal up like a tent. /\ and slip its elastic band around the bottom of the tablet. Perfect & adjustable (good for in landscape & portrait positions).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.