If you have any questions WITH their working solution, please let me know or post it in this thread and I will add it to the first post.
I am attempting to go through my entire history of posts, 900+, to dig out and post further questions/answers.
I am new to Android... where do I get started?
[FAQ] - Android - General Introduction and How To Guide
What are some suggested MUST HAVE or Default programs?
**Just One Opinion on the Topic**
- To change the default directory: Click the Menu Button - Setting --> Root Folder
Audio: Astro Player Nova
- To change the default directory: Click the Menu Button - Options --> General --> Audio folder
File Explorer: ES File Explorer & Root Explorer
- To change the default directory: Click the Menu Button - Settings --> Home Directory
PDF: Adobe Reader
Web Browser: Dolphin Browser HD
Keyboard: Better Keyboard 7
- The Weather Channel
- AudioManager Console
- WiFi Analyzer
- System App
- Apps 2 SD
- Scanner Radio
- Heavy Gunner
- Slice It
- Angry Birds
- Gem Miner: Dig Deeper
- Tank Hero
- Tiki Towers
If you have a child:
- Toddler Lock
How do I disable 3G and Phone services to save battery life?
open adb, type pm list packages
the type pm enable packagename
Not sure if I actually disabled anything... but let me know if after you do the second options, it still doesn't work.
open adb shell
Run these commands to get it back to "stock":
mv Mms.apk.old Mms.apk
mv TelephonyProvider.apk.old TelephonyProvider.apk
mv Phone.apk.old Phone.apk
mv Provision.apk.old Provision.apk
Use Root Explorer and look for all the apk's changed to old and just rename them by taking out the old bit.
My Tablet won't turn on or only shows a blank back-lit screen.
1) Ttry reseating the MicroSD card (it could have gotten jostled or loose)
2) Check all of the connections to the board to make sure they are secure.
3) You may also try re-imaging the SD card.
Skype fails to load and force closes
- Search for Skype Beta as it will allow you to log in and use IM chat
Thanks to Maindude for this:
**MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS**
I/We take no responsibility if you mess up your tablet.
Open: Root Explorer (or similar app file manager with root access)
Browse to: /system
Open/Edit file: build.prop
Find this line: ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1 (found towards the end of the file)
Change to: ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
Save & Exit the file
Reboot your tablet
Skype should now load properly and allow you to log in.
- Audio and Text chat work on the C8 - I have not tried the MID816 yet.
It still DOES NOT send nor receive video.
Now we just have to wait for an officially update/fix from Skype that will hopefully enable Video as well.
I can't connect to my wireless network, the system just saying connecting and fails
You may have MAC Address filtering on and need to either add the device or turn it off.
What are the partitions, sizes, and purpose?
It depends on the device but here is a general sample
System partition - 159mb
- is the system/OS files
Apps partition - 512mb
- Where programs are installed and stored
- you can use Apps to SD to move some of the programs over and make room.
Cache partition - 159mb
- temporary storage for programs and files that are running
Data partition - 2.86gb
- is the last one and is used for MP3, Movies, etc...
- should generally be the largest partition.
Please note... Modify the partition tables will cause your device to be formatted with each firmware update.
I don't believe that is the case if you only modify the FAT32 partition though.
How, When and Where can I use ADB shell?
You need to open the command prompt (CMD) window first.
Then open/use ADB from there...
So let's say your ADB files are on a folder called Android on your Desktop.
Go to: Start --> Run
Type in: CMD
- Hit: Enter
- You should now have a black "box" open and be at a dos prompt
Type: cd Desktop\Android
- Hit: Enter
- Hit: Enter
- You should now see a list of commands that you can use after entering ADB
The most common one you will use is:
adb install (program name.apk)
You can also type in: adb shell
- this will give you access to a linux style prompt and commands.
Edited by MrTasselhof, 11 September 2011 - 01:32 PM.