Photo

[ROM - 1.2] Brilliant Corners alternative 1.2-based firmware - [G-TABLET\ZPAD T2]

• Please log in to reply
1741 replies to this topic

#121 Dave.S

Dave.S

Fishing & Flashing

• PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

I haven't made the leap to 1.2 yet. It's trying to piece straightforward instructions to go from VEGAn 5.1.1 to this one thats hindering me. I want to be able to upgrade without softbricking. while you have good instructions here, i'm too much of an artard to comprehend how to get to 1.2. any easier instructions ?

Would you like to try this [howto] thread ?
http://www.androidta...stallation.html

#122 Menz

Menz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew Windsor, NY

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

wifi location hasn't worked for me with any of the roms I've tried?

CM7 and Vegan tab gingerbread edition wifi location works but then you lose hardware acceleration for video. HW acceleration only works on froyo based Rom but I haven't found a froyo based rom with wifi location working. So its always a toss up what you want more. I was soooooo hoping roebeet would have both working on some rom but guess its not to be

Edited by Menz, 24 April 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#123 drw1304

drw1304

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I just flashed this and I must say very impressive so far.

I do have a question I tried to install the supplement and when I connect to the computer now it isn't found and on the Gtab is says usb debugging connected?
Anyone with an solution? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Dale

I figured it out :rolleyes:

Edited by drw1304, 24 April 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#124 g0t0

g0t0

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

Would you like to try this [howto] thread ?
http://www.androidta...stallation.html

Sweet!! The OTHER forum doesn't have anything like this! ARTARD just got smarter.... :yahoo:

Also, Roebeet, is it safe to asume if anything relating to GB or HC does come from VS, that g tabs will probably need the 1.2 firmware for it to work?

Edited by g0t0, 24 April 2011 - 03:07 PM.

#125 lbyer123

lbyer123

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

So if I am on 4349 stock and have not done any updating, I can just download Bright Corners RAR file and place the two extracted files in the root directory of my G tablet, and restart while holding the volume + down and Bright Corners will auto install? Should I be concerned with NVflash if I am working from the OTA 4349 1.2 stock ROM?

Edited by mrsburnout, 25 April 2011 - 12:54 AM.
Removed quote of entire first post. (not needed)

#126 jhreid1969

jhreid1969

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

So if I am on 4349 stock and have not done any updating, I can just download Bright Corners RAR file and place the two extracted files in the root directory of my G tablet, and restart while holding the volume + down and Bright Corners will auto install? Should I be concerned with NVflash if I am working from the OTA 4349 1.2 stock ROM?

Yes, just make sure you are running stock 4349 only though. After that, make sure you get supplement 1.0.1 and install that the same way.

#127 drw1304

drw1304

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

I can't find the wallpaper with the birds like the screenshot?

#128 Mikeg1969

Mikeg1969

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Roebeet is working on integrating that wallpaper, I noticed the same thing earlier on.

#129 OtherGuy

OtherGuy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

I had to reset user data before the wallpaper showed up for me (I had flashed directly from ML without clearing data).

I do notice that it does not show up as a selectable wallpaper though. So, if I decide to change to another, I don't know how I would get it back...
Android Devices
ViewSonic GTablet, running TeamDRH-ICS-Beta-1.3-02JUL012-144631
HTC OneX, running stock (rooted)
HTC Aria, running Liberated Aria DDX FR008 (retired)

#130 jhreid1969

jhreid1969

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Not sure if this would belong here or not, but I put it here since I found it on this ROM.

Hey guys, I was browsing through the files on my gtab to see what files are on the BC ROM. Came across a .exe and .msi files called SETUP-ENGLISH.exe and TabletCompanion.msi
I never owned a Vega tablet before, so I thought it might have something to do with that. So, I copied the files to my computer and installed it. It is actually a program to simplify the transfer of files from your PC to your tablet. When you connect your tablet by usb and turn on the usb connection on your tablet, it shows the tablet being connected in your task bar down in the running task area by the clock. Then you are able to drag music, videos, docs, and photos to a folder on your SD Card within different folders with the appropriate names to identify them. Instead of telling you were to find them on the tablet, I compressed the files and just share it to whom ever wants to give it a try. After extracting, just use the .exe file to start the installation.

Vega Transfer Companion

Edited by jhreid1969, 24 April 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#131 joe2262

joe2262

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

This is getting tiresome, just woke up the gtab from a 9 hour sleep and not only lost 3% per hour of battery life but all my .jpg's were gone.

Roebeet,

I'd like to flash back to TTX v.9.0.2, do I just unpack update.zip and /recovery from tnt_lite_v5 to /sdcard and boot into standard recovery. Then same with ttx_v.9.02_supp?
Viewsonic g tablet - beta Dirty-Bean 4.2.X
Nook Color - CM 10 on uSD
Nexus 7 - stock/rooted JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - CM 10.1
ASUS Transformer Infinity - CleanROM Inheritance 3.4.4
Nexus 10 - stock/rooted JB 4.2.2
Xoom - CM 10.1

#132 decayed.cell

decayed.cell

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hmm Thumb Keyboard from Android Market seems to keep crashing on this firmware.

#133 decayed.cell

decayed.cell

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:03 AM

Okay now I've reinstalled this ROM. However, whenever I try to install anything, it will crash, screen will go off and then turn on to the home screen

EDIT: Okay its doing it on the stock 1.2 nvFlash found here will start posting there

Edited by decayed.cell, 25 April 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#134 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

[...snip]
EDIT: I spoke too soon -- I, too, lost all media files on my microSD. Ahh, well!

From this thread: http://www.slatedroi...hange-software/

Have you tried this?

the problem you are having is a known issue not only with vegan but also with other ROMS.

The way to fix the problem is to put an empty file named ".nomedia" in the directory you have your files.
I am also on VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b5.1.1 and had the same problems. Since i put the ".nomedia" file in all my media directories I haven't had any problems.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#135 absorber

absorber

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hi,roebeet!
Can you add Huawei 3G WCDMA Modem SUPPORT in BC???
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1016921
BR

#136 SoNic

SoNic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

Thank you Roebeet! This is a nice ROM, I just tried it tonight. Too bad the kernel is still locked.
Hmmm, I wonder how hard would be to make it 1.1 compatible, to add the kernel modules that are missing...

The support email that I have send to Viewsonic about the sources remained without answer. I guess since they pulled out the OTA update is nothing we can do about that?
That is just annoing and makes me want to go back to 1.1 booloaders...

Edited by SoNic, 25 April 2011 - 07:48 AM.

#137 kj1523

kj1523

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

My GTAB won't wake from sleep using this ROM. Has anyone else had this problem. I have to reboot every time.

#138 pixelrider

pixelrider

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

My GTAB won't wake from sleep using this ROM. Has anyone else had this problem. I have to reboot every time.

I had a similar issue after getting everything to cooperate (had a hard time getting the rom to flash properly.... thats another story) I would have random times where I would tap the power button to wake up the tab and the lock screen would flash up for a split second before going blank again. After the third or fourth time of it happening, the tab would reboot instead of just waking up ( all of the boot screens as if I had shut it down instead of sleeping it) other than those random times, I think this is the best setup I have used so far (with the addition of vtl launcher)
I just KNOW I am gonna break somthin......oh well....wheres that new rom......

FrankenTAB v1.1.0 Official Release here

You can DONATE to me if you want to buy me a beer.

#139 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hi,roebeet!
Can you add Huawei 3G WCDMA Modem SUPPORT in BC???
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1016921
BR

This probably won't work because all the Phone apks are ripped out (to improve battery life). We had this issue with the Adam, when we tried to do things like this. It killed 3G and I believe USB modem support, as well.

I actually moved to a Mifi, last month. I had such issues trying to get my own USB modem to work and the Mifi is so much easier, imo.

It's not in there (yet) - I have to find a way to inject it into the Launcher.

CM7 and Vegan tab gingerbread edition wifi location works but then you lose hardware acceleration for video. HW acceleration only works on froyo based Rom but I haven't found a froyo based rom with wifi location working. So its always a toss up what you want more. I was soooooo hoping roebeet would have both working on some rom but guess its not to be

(see the above on the USB modem) -- if anyone knows how it was done, I'll certainly give it a try. Remember, I'm not a developer, I just mod. I'm good at making the changes, but figuring out the changes are a different matter - might need some direction. :)

So far, no (at least on BC). ML, on the other hand, has sleep issues (probably due to stock).

Thank you Roebeet! This is a nice ROM, I just tried it tonight. Too bad the kernel is still locked.
Hmmm, I wonder how hard would be to make it 1.1 compatible, to add the kernel modules that are missing...

The support email that I have send to Viewsonic about the sources remained without answer. I guess since they pulled out the OTA update is nothing we can do about that?
That is just annoing and makes me want to go back to 1.1 booloaders...

Yes, all these 1.2 ROMs could be made 1.1-compatible (mainly just altering the kernel in the RAMdisk and then adding the necessary Wifi drivers). My main reason for making these is just as a 1.2 stock option. Not everyone wants to risk a jump. It seemed like a ROM gap so I decided to fill it with something. There are plenty of 1.1-ROMs out there, right now.

Edited by roebeet, 25 April 2011 - 09:27 AM.

Android Devices: Viewsonic GTab, Notion Ink Adam, ASUS Transformer, Cowon D3

#140 Menz

Menz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew Windsor, NY

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hey Roebeet.... can you just throw up a quick explanation in "laymens" terms why wifi location does not work on Froyo based roms but it does work in ginger based roms?? i completey understand why HW acceleration for video does not work in ginger based roms where they do work in froyo based roms, i just would like to know why wifi location can't be made to work. i really would love to find a rom, froyo or not, that had both working. until nvidia releases necessary drivers and code i know the two won't work in ginger, but why not froyo???

Edited by Menz, 25 April 2011 - 09:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users