ZT180(v1) KMOD.VTL Version 3 ROM

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#261 Grix

Grix

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

I had that same problem once but I just simply reflashed the .spl file and .boot file from o405 and it started working again.

Got it in one. That did the trick perfectly. Thanks Dvalin21 !

-Grix

#262 aitsch

aitsch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

hi KarlOss,

i've tried out your mod (ZT180(V1-256/2g) KMOD.VTL Version 3) on my 7" device.

things that don't work:
- login to google account (entered my user and password but no button to login?!)
- no sd card access (like described from other users before)
- bad wlan stability (do i have to load the patch for wifi also?)
- problems with rooting (but only tried once. maybe it's on my side)

BUT:
it runs very smooth. so it would be nice to make it working for 7 inch devices also.

cheers - aitsch

p.s.: i didn't read the complete threat. so maybe all these problems where known.

Edited by aitsch, 25 May 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#263 aitsch

aitsch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

some ideas for improvements:

- GamdPad support like described here (english) or here(german).
- less default apps for more RAM

aitsch

Edited by aitsch, 25 May 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#264 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

hi KarlOss,

i've tried out your mod (ZT180(V1-256/2g) KMOD.VTL Version 3) on my 7" device.

things that don't work:
- login to google account (entered my user and password but no button to login?!)
- no sd card access (like described from other users before)
- bad wlan stability (do i have to load the patch for wifi also?)

BUT:
it runs very smooth. so it would be nice to make it working for 7 inch devices also.

cheers - aitsch

p.s.: i didn't read the complete threat. so maybe all these problems where known.

Hi mate,

You are definalty the first person to install this on a 7" device, thanks alot for trying it out :)

- login to google account - this could be to the fact that the screen res is set incorrectly, did you use the zimage's from your 7" release? as if you used the ones from my release, I imagine that the screen will be too small for the resolution? (can you not press the enter on the soft-keyboard to "ok" the screen?)

- no sd card access - someone mentioned this this morning, but i'm not too sure what there issue is, there are no reported issues in 0503 for the sdaccess, can you have a look at one of the previous threads I posted, and check the mount points on your tablet..

- bad wlan stability - there was no wifi patch for 0503 (V3 based on that rom) but there is a patch with the 0524 release, you could maybe try that patch?

as I said before, I don't have a 7" and have no way of testing it atall, if I did have one, I would test and made sure it worked...

I assume you just followed the steps for your latest 7" firmware and just used the system.tar.bz from my release yeah?

hope we can sort you out.

Karl

Edited by Karl0ss, 25 May 2011 - 09:49 AM.

Nexus 7 16gb & 32gb | Running too many rom's to list |
PiPo Smart S1 | Latest Stock | 4.1.1 |
Hannspree Hannspad | DRHJB with AntibytesKernel @ 1.5ghz |
Q88 Cortex A8 7" x4 | ICS |
Some random 7" Telechips tab that I can't work out what it is? help |

Motorola Atrix | Unlocked BL | OC Kernel - 1.45ghz | CM7 |
LG Optimus Black | OC Kernel 1.2ghz | Stock 2.2.2 |
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini | OC Kernel | MiniCM10 4.1.2 |
T-Mobile Pulse Mini | OC Kernel | 2.3 |

Android CX-01 TV Stick | Custom Rom |

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#265 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

some ideas for improvements:

- GamdPad support like described here (english) or here(german).
- less default apps for more RAM

aitsch

I will look into the GamePad support, i didn't think it had been developed and working?

what apps do you suggest i should remove? if you look over the release notes from V1-3 I have removed quite a large number of applications from the orignal rom's and only added a couple, V3 has less apps included that V2 as i removed the wifi widget that i had included in the first 2 releases..

thanks for the ideas :)

karl

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#266 aitsch

aitsch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

I will look into the GamePad support, i didn't think it had been developed and working?

what apps do you suggest i should remove? if you look over the release notes from V1-3 I have removed quite a large number of applications from the orignal rom's and only added a couple, V3 has less apps included that V2 as i removed the wifi widget that i had included in the first 2 releases..

thanks for the ideas :)

karl

Game pag support works for nexus one.
a better source is here.

the rest i will do tonight an give you feedback.

aitsch

#267 aitsch

aitsch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

here comes my result for the 7" device test:

what i did
downloaded the latest 0503 firmware 7”(256MB+4GB) android2.2 edition NO.20110503 from http://www.zenithink...4GB_0503_3v.rar and replaced the original system.tar.bz with yours. so i use the original kernel from zenithink.
i've flashed by tf card method.

everything seems to work well but:

- no login to google account, because of 800x480 resolution
no chance to reach the button for next steps. soft-kb didn't help

- market did not start (maybe depends on the account issue)

- wifi is ok but not good enought. did you change anything here in your mod (tweaks,...)?
i think the hardware is very bad.

- sd card, usb sticks, usb card readers will not work
didn't understand the fix from Dvalin21 "I had that same problem once but I just simply reflashed the
.spl file and .boot file from o405 and it started working again.".
i think it is not possible by tf card method?!
addition: to late i found the two files. it's to late to test a reflash.

- rooting i didn't tested (because can't install external apps) - same for the 0524 wlan patch.

without market or sd card access i cannot test more than the default apps and funktions.

i've tried to mount the system.img on my PC but ubuntu doesn't support yaffs. the yaffs2 tools can not handle these format.
how do you modify and create your images? do you have a link or wiki/howto ...?

so you made a nice rom but all the 7 inchers can only use it when there is the standard screen to fill in the Gaccount data.

and now - good night

aitsch

Edited by aitsch, 25 May 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#268 HAL9000

HAL9000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

I cannot understand how some confused people says KMOD.VTL v3 is more stable or faster... KMOD.VTL IS 0503, it just do some customizations so you don't have to do them yourself, which is good and Karl0ss deserves acknowledgement for it, but it still is just 0503... and there is people here asking things that even need to modify the source code, as if Karl0ss had made the ROM from scratch. :unknw:

Please stop speaking of MKOD.VTL v3 as if it were a different ROM. It only confuses other people.

Edited by HAL9000, 25 May 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#269 blogmaster

blogmaster

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

I installed the V3 and all seems fine till now. wifi works.

However the following 2 files is showing ) KB file size, what are these for?

update_system_module
clear_data_part

Now post setup:

There is 3 shadow on the 3 side of the display other than top? Is that normal? Why you make this? my display 600, and I tried all previous firmware using 600 kernel.

Why the market is not working at all like Eclair android? Ever since I am using Froyo, no update was able to make the market works like before, all time it is showing "No matching content... " at the home page.
I tried all the solution like clearing dalvik-cache, stopping market and service framework from managed application and clearing the cache from there.

but ever since first Froyo release, the market never seemed to be normal.

#270 gianluca.tomat

gianluca.tomat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Game pag support works for nexus one.
a better source is here.

the rest i will do tonight an give you feedback.

aitsch

if you look unpinned topics a user already tried to o that!! Maybe we should ask OM to pin it.. what do you think.. it would be easier to have a different post,, even though (as hal9000 says) I think this needs a modified kernel: only ATP, or anyone who has source codes, can do that..

*Edit: here is the link..

Edited by gianluca.tomat, 26 May 2011 - 08:02 AM.

ZT-180v1(256Mb/2Gb):

-HW: ruby 1.4/576 screen
-ROM: 0603

MODS to do:

-GPS stick to buy and maybe put the GPS + 3G stick inside with a HUB ( soldered where the wifi stick is)

P.S. I'm still waiting for the GPS since I haven't still understood if Zenithink wants to support it or not in official ROM :)

ZT-280/E98

If you need a DROPBOX account (you know you do XD) pleas use this link ;)

Posted Image

#271 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,466 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

if you look unpinned topics a user already tried to o that!! Maybe we should ask OM to pin it.. what do you think.. it would be easier to have a different post,, even though (as hal9000 says) I think this needs a modified kernel: only ATP, or anyone who has source codes, can do that..

You had a double http:// in your link, here's the link - http://www.slatedroi...er-development/

Don't think it needs to be pinned, a simple search will find it if someone was looking for it.....

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png
Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB
@ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
- {Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a :
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 
Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

#272 aitsch

aitsch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

I cannot understand how some confused people says KMOD.VTL v3 is more stable or faster... KMOD.VTL IS 0503, it just do some customizations so you don't have to do them yourself, which is good and Karl0ss deserves acknowledgement for it, but it still is just 0503... and there is people here asking things that even need to modify the source code, as if Karl0ss had made the ROM from scratch. :unknw:

Please stop speaking of MKOD.VTL v3 as if it were a different ROM. It only confuses other people.

the first thing i want to say : "I'am not confused" (i hope) 8P
maybe you are a little bit confused when you read my posts to hasty.

i didn't say that KMOD.VTL is magic, faster and more stable. i said "smooth" and it's true.
i also didn't ask for source code changes or similar. the customizing is the trick and software selection is good.

aitsch

Edited by aitsch, 26 May 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#273 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

here comes my result for the 7" device test:

what i did
downloaded the latest 0503 firmware 7”(256MB+4GB) android2.2 edition NO.20110503 from http://www.zenithink...4GB_0503_3v.rar and replaced the original system.tar.bz with yours. so i use the original kernel from zenithink.
i've flashed by tf card method.

everything seems to work well but:

- no login to google account, because of 800x480 resolution
no chance to reach the button for next steps. soft-kb didn't help

- market did not start (maybe depends on the account issue)

- wifi is ok but not good enought. did you change anything here in your mod (tweaks,...)?
i think the hardware is very bad.

- sd card, usb sticks, usb card readers will not work
didn't understand the fix from Dvalin21 "I had that same problem once but I just simply reflashed the
.spl file and .boot file from o405 and it started working again.".
i think it is not possible by tf card method?!
addition: to late i found the two files. it's to late to test a reflash.

- rooting i didn't tested (because can't install external apps) - same for the 0524 wlan patch.

without market or sd card access i cannot test more than the default apps and funktions.

i've tried to mount the system.img on my PC but ubuntu doesn't support yaffs. the yaffs2 tools can not handle these format.
how do you modify and create your images? do you have a link or wiki/howto ...?

so you made a nice rom but all the 7 inchers can only use it when there is the standard screen to fill in the Gaccount data.

and now - good night

aitsch

hi mate,

as i said before, i don't have a 7", so i don't know how/if i will ever be able to get the rom working on there, there must be changes in the system.tar.bz that makes it a different screen res, rather than just the zimages..

i would also imagine that the mount points and such are different on 7", hence how none of the sdcards and such work..

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#274 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

This is in essence true, and one of the main reasons I get a bit confused when people have issues, as i really havn't done anything other than repackage the 0503 release, and remove the "bloatware" nothing i do should impact the working of the firmware, atall..

you are also correct that there are things (gamepad support) that i can't do as i dont have access to the source code, if i did, i would make even more changes and supply a 100% better rom that what we have now...but it aint going to happen, anytime soon anyway..

though, tbh, i think calling it "a different rom" is true, as its not the official rom released by ZT and im sure they don't wanna deal with questions and such with it, same as when people used to use CB's system image, it was made sure that you specified the fact...

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#275 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

I installed the V3 and all seems fine till now. wifi works.

However the following 2 files is showing ) KB file size, what are these for?

update_system_module
clear_data_part

Now post setup:

There is 3 shadow on the 3 side of the display other than top? Is that normal? Why you make this? my display 600, and I tried all previous firmware using 600 kernel.

Why the market is not working at all like Eclair android? Ever since I am using Froyo, no update was able to make the market works like before, all time it is showing "No matching content... " at the home page.
I tried all the solution like clearing dalvik-cache, stopping market and service framework from managed application and clearing the cache from there.

but ever since first Froyo release, the market never seemed to be normal.

update_system_module - this tells the update process to update the system.tar.bz
clear_data_part - this tells the update process to wipe the user partition, meaning a clean install

There is 3 shadow on the 3 side of the display other than top? Is that normal? Why you make this? my display 600, and I tried all previous firmware using 600 kernel. - i think you are talking about the dockbars in vtl launcher, if you go to vtl.settings and then UI, you can disable the "shadow" on the dock bars..

I tried all the solution like clearing dalvik-cache, stopping market and service framework from managed application and clearing the cache from there. - what country are you in? as i have no problems with the market atall, and haven't since the froyo builds?

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#276 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

correct, I don't have source code access, so this isn't something i can do..

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#277 HAL9000

HAL9000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:51 AM

the first thing i want to say : "I'am not confused" (i hope) 8P
maybe you are a little bit confused when you read my posts to hasty.

i didn't say that KMOD.VTL is magic, faster and more stable. i said "smooth" and it's true.
i also didn't ask for source code changes or similar. the customizing is the trick and software selection is good.

aitsch

Did I quote your post when I wrote mine? No? Then it should mean that I was not speaking specifically to you... There are many people speaking of KMOD.VTL in such terms, it's up to you if you take it personally.

Edited by HAL9000, 26 May 2011 - 04:12 AM.

#278 HAL9000

HAL9000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:10 AM

you are also correct that there are things (gamepad support) that i can't do as i dont have access to the source code, if i did, i would make even more changes and supply a 100% better rom that what we have now...

I have no doubt about it. We then would have a bunch of really different ROM's, starting with some CM6/CM7 version.

though, tbh, i think calling it "a different rom" is true, as its not the official rom released by ZT and im sure they don't wanna deal with questions and such with it, same as when people used to use CB's system image, it was made sure that you specified the fact...

That deppends on how you understand "different". For my concern it's not different since almost all the problems the reports are for the ROM (503) itself, and affect to the official ROM just the same. But then people post asking a solution from you, as if you could do something about it, when you actually can't do nothing else that forward the problem to the atp_uestc. These users are not doing nothing wrong, they are simply confused thinking this is a different ROM which (I repeat, in the sense it concerns to me) is not. It's actually a "re-pack" of the official 503 ROM rather than a different ROM.

Of course there are other questions related specifically to some of the packages you changed or some other customization, and then it's you who has to give the support, but (I don't know if fortunately or un fortunately :p ) these are the less frequent problems.

So don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to take the credit away from your work, as I said you deserve acknowledgement for it. But I'm just trying to make some people see that many questions can be indeed asked on the official ROM thread since is where the problem or doubt comes from.

Regards.

Edited by HAL9000, 26 May 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#279 gianluca.tomat

gianluca.tomat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

You had a double http:// in your link, here's the link - http://www.slatedroi...er-development/

Don't think it needs to be pinned, a simple search will find it if someone was looking for it.....

Ops sorry.. I now modified it.. :) For PIN you are right.. it was just to give it more visibility (that could also be a bad thing.. lol)
ZT-180v1(256Mb/2Gb):

-HW: ruby 1.4/576 screen
-ROM: 0603

MODS to do:

-GPS stick to buy and maybe put the GPS + 3G stick inside with a HUB ( soldered where the wifi stick is)

P.S. I'm still waiting for the GPS since I haven't still understood if Zenithink wants to support it or not in official ROM :)

ZT-280/E98

If you need a DROPBOX account (you know you do XD) pleas use this link ;)

Posted Image

#280 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

I have no doubt about it. We then would have a bunch of really different ROM's, starting with some CM6/CM7 version.

That deppends on how you understand "different". For my concern it's not different since almost all the problems the reports are for the ROM (503) itself, and affect to the official ROM just the same. But then people post asking a solution from you, as if you could do something about it, when you actually can't do nothing else that forward the problem to the atp_uestc. These users are not doing nothing wrong, they are simply confused thinking this is a different ROM which (I repeat, in the sense it concerns to me) is not. It's actually a "re-pack" of the official 503 ROM rather than a different ROM.

Of course there are other questions related specifically to some of the packages you changed or some other customization, and then it's you who has to give the support, but (I don't know if fortunately or un fortunately :p ) these are the less frequent problems.

So don't take me wrong, I'm not trying to take the credit away from your work, as I said you deserve acknowledgement for it. But I'm just trying to make some people see that many questions can be indeed asked on the official ROM thread since is where the problem or doubt comes from.

Regards.

I completly agree, and I have said all along that this rom is just based on the 0503 release, and when people are saying "this doesn't work" i'm saying "check official thread" as like you said, any issue, is either their fault (read the release note :)) or an issue with the 0503 release its'self..

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL