#1 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

ZT180(V1-256/2g) KMOD.VTL Version 3

Release 3 :)

This is an updated version of my ROM, KMOD.VTL.. This version continues from version 2, with a couple of improvements and one or two extras. All in all, I'm happy with this firmware, and I hope you will be too.

- What is it? -

When ever Zenithink release a rom, there is always alot of rubbish on there that isn't used or needed, and if anything slows down the tablet.

This is my custom firmware, very fast, and very stable (on my tablet at least)..

This is NOT a full custom firmware, as I don't have access to edit the zImages, if I did, there would be a number of improvements i would make, faster than ZT it would seem, oh well..

- What's different? -

Any changes that were present are present in this release, VTL launcher has been updated to the latest version, and this image is based on the 0503 release, this can be seen to be more of a FIX release, I have readded phone.apk, meaning that YouTube is now working again, VOLD and wpa_supplicant patches done, meaning no issues when dissconnecting USB keys, and Wifi tethering (adhoc) to your mobile phones is supported as standard.

Only the GPS kernels have been included, this means that the sdcard is now our sdcard and not the 512mb images used in the last beta and V1/2, the file is still created and can be used, I have used this space for a swap file(not present in V3).

This version also supports Apps2SD as standard, and includes SD Speed Increase patch*.

- What have you changed? -

- Removed apps (See V1+2)
  • WifiWidget (consumes alot of memory)

- Added Apps
  • VTL.Launcher 1.6.5
  • Phone.apk
-- Install Notes --

The install is the same as the install for 0503, but I will outline the procedure here..

1. Copy the zt-update folder from the release to the root of your sdcard.

2. Copy the zImage and zImage_adb files that match your tab resolution from kernel folder to the zt-update folder.

3. You should now have a zt-update folder on your sdcard containing these files;

• boot.logo
  • System.tar.bz
  • zImage_update
  • zImage (taken from the relevant folder for your tablet)
  • zImage_adb (taken from the relevant folder for your tablet)
  • update_system_module
  • clear_data_part (Delete if you wish to TRY upgrade*)
* NOTE * If you want to try an upgrade from KMOD.VTLV2 or OFW0428, remove the clear_data_part file, this will leave your data partition, so you should keep all settings, though I have had intermittent issues with this, so better to back up your apps and do a clean install.

5. Insert your sd into your tablet, and press the "Power and Back" your tablet will start flashing files

A dos screen and info will run do not turn unit off, it takes awhile, it looks like it hanging when its making the sdcard.img, but just leave it, it will work. once it's done, the tablet will reboot, and you will be at the Android system.

6. Do all the normal rubbish pressing on "SDK" and stuff, then your homescreen should appear.

7. See Post install notes

-- Notes --
This is third release. THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON ZT-180 VERSION 1'S 256MB/2GB - it may work on other versions, use the instructions for your tablet and replace my system.tar.bz with the one in the release, no guarantees, and no liability, if it does work, let me know :)

-- Post Install notes --

This firmware is rooted, but after you install, you need to run the installed UniversalAndroot with the option (Do not install superuser) it will say you are already rooted, press root again, after that reboot, you are rooted.

SD Speed Increase is included, after rooting the tablet, open SD Speed increase, and set your sdcard buffer the best is 2048kbs, select save on every boot and press the flame, that sets the patch on each boot.

No Lock is included, this will stop the screen from locking when the screen is turned off, open the app, and press the padlock so it says "Locking Disabled" this will disable the lock screen.

Enjoy :)

-- Credits --

Karl0ss

Download
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZT180(V1-256/2g) KMOD.VTL Version 2

Second release :)

This is an updated version of my ROM, KMOD.VTL..

This version continues from version 1, with a couple of improvements and one or two extras.

Including...The ZT180 app, this app is a native app for the latest downloads on my website, links will take you straight to the market, and it has auto-syncing abilities, its only early version, so be nice :)

All in all, I'm happy with this firmware, and I hope you will be too.

- What is it? -

When ever Zenithink release a rom, there is always alot of rubbish on there that isn't used or needed, and if anything slows down the tablet.

This is my custom firmware, very fast, and very stable (on my tablet at least)..

This is NOT a full custom firmware, as I don't have access to edit the zImages, if I did, there would be a number of improvements i would make, faster than ZT it would seem, oh well..

- What's different? -

Any changes that were present are present in this release, VTL launcher has been updated to the latest version, and this image is based on the 0415 release, but unlike V1, includes all patches upto 0423, making this a more upto date build.

This version also supports Apps2SD as standard, and includes SD Speed Increase patch*.

- Removed apps (See V1)
  • Root Explorer

- Added Apps
  • VTL.Launcher 1.6.2
  • App2SD Free
  • Brightness Level Widget
  • eBuddy Messenger
  • No Lock
  • SD Speed Increase
  • WifiWidget
  • ZT180 Apps

-- Install Notes --
The install is the same as the install for 0415, but I will outline the procedure here..
2. Copy the zImage and zImage_adb files that match your tab resolution from kernel folder to the zt-update folder.
3. Depending on if you want to wipe your user partition or not, take the zImage_update file from;

update/update - this will wipe your user partition and create the new structure, it is recommended to do this the first time you upgrade to 0415 or KMODV1

update/usr - this will not wipe your user partition, if you just want to reflash the system part and leave your usr session, use this. (this would be used for an upgrade from KMOD.VTL V1)

4. You should now have a zt-update folder on your sdcard containing these files;
  • System.tar.bz
  • zImage_update (Version depends on if you want to wipe user partition/or not)
  • zImage (taken from the relevant folder for your tablet)
  • zImage_adb (taken from the relevant folder for your tablet)

5. Insert your sd into your tablet, and press the "Power and -" you get a screen saying "install push enter key enter key is the back round button on the front of the unit" You have to push it twice then the unit will say rebooting.

A dos screen and info will run do not turn unit off, it takes awhile, it looks like it hanging when its making the sdcard.img, but just leave it, it will work. once it's done, the tablet will reboot, and you will be at the Android system.

6. Do all the normal rubbish pressing on "SDK" and stuff, then your homescreen should appear.

7. See Post install notes

-- Notes --
This is second release, I probably wont make another version until we get a full stable release.

THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON ZT-180 VERSION 1'S 256MB/2GB - it may work on other versions, use the instructions for your tablet for 0415 and replace my system.tar.bz with the one in the release, no guarantees, and no liability, if it does work, let me know :)

-- Post Install notes --

This firmware is rooted, but after you install, you need to run the installed UniversalAndroot with the option (Do not install superuser) after that, you are rooted.

SD Speed Increase is included, after rooting the tablet, open SD Speed increase, and set your sdcard buffer the best is 2048kbs, select save on every boot and press the flame, that sets the patch on each boot.

No Lock is included, this will stop the screen from locking when the screen is turned off, open the app, and press the padlock so it says "Locking Disabled" this will disable the lock screen.

My favorite Brightness widget and THE best Wifi widget has been included, have a look.

Enjoy :)

-- Credits --
Karl0ss

Download

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am proud to release, my first custom filesystem for the ZT180..
This version is based on the 0415 Android 2.2 release. (install/upgrade methods are the same)

- What is it? -
When ever Zenithink release a rom, there is always alot of rubbish on there that isn’t used or needed, and if anything slows down the tablet.

- Whats different? -

The main difference is that I have uninstalled ADW and replaced it with the latest (1.5) version of VTL.Launcher, I have also done a couple of other tweaks, and removed a number of apps.

- Removed apps
  • Calculator.apk (Google Calculator)
  • CarHomeGoogle.apk (Car UI)
  • CarHomeLauncher.apk (Car UI)
  • com.facebook.katana-1.apk (Facebook)
  • com.google.android.apps.reader-1.apk (Greader)
  • Email.apk (Pop3 email access)
  • Gallery3D.apk (3D Photo Gallery)
  • GenieWidget.apkLauncher2.apk (ADW.Launcher)
  • msn_soft.apk (Msn Messenger)
  • OfficeSuite_full_2.0_267.apk
  • Phone.apk
  • QuickSearchBox.apk
  • Skype-0.9.1.0.apk (Skype)
  • SoundRecorder.apk (Sound Recorder)
  • Twitter.apk (Twitter)
- Added Apps
  • VTL.Launcher 1.5
  • Notion INK Calculator
  • Notion INK Mail’d
  • Quickoffice HD Tab edition
  • Root Explorer
  • Universal Androot

– Install Notes –
The install is the same as the install for 0415, but I will outline the procedure here..
2. Copy the zImage file that matches your tab resolution to the zt-update folder.
3. Copy ZT_Bx.boot from the release to the zt-update folder.
4. You should now have a zt-update folder on your sdcard containg these files;
  • System.tar.bz
  • Userdata.pack.img
  • zImage_update
  • zImage (taken from the relivant folder for your tablet)
  • ZT_Bx.boot
5. Insert your sd into your tablet, and press the “Power and -” you get a screen saying “install push enter key enter key is the back round button on the front of the unit” You have to push it twice then the unit will say rebooting.

A dos type screen and info will run do not turn unit off, it takes awhile, it looks like it hanging when its making the sdcard.img, but just leave it, it will work. once it’s done, the tablet will reboot, and you will be at the Android system.

6. Do all the normal rubbish pressing on “SDK” and stuff, then your homescreen should appear, I would then root your tablet using UniversalAndroot.

– Notes –
This is my first release, and this is classed as a minimal system, this has the basic needed for Android to run, and
is not overflowed with rubbish.

This firmware is rooted, but after you install, you need to run the installed UniversalAndroot with the option (Do not
install superuser) after that, you are rooted.

– Credits –
Karl0ss

Download

Edited by Karl0ss, 22 May 2011 - 09:02 AM.

• Apocalips likes this
Nexus 7 16gb & 32gb | Running too many rom's to list |
PiPo Smart S1 | Latest Stock | 4.1.1 |
Hannspree Hannspad | DRHJB with AntibytesKernel @ 1.5ghz |
Q88 Cortex A8 7" x4 | ICS |
Some random 7" Telechips tab that I can't work out what it is? help |

Motorola Atrix | Unlocked BL | OC Kernel - 1.45ghz | CM7 |
LG Optimus Black | OC Kernel 1.2ghz | Stock 2.2.2 |
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini | OC Kernel | MiniCM10 4.1.2 |
T-Mobile Pulse Mini | OC Kernel | 2.3 |

Android CX-01 TV Stick | Custom Rom |

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#2 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

hi Karl0ss. thanks for the effort. can you confirm anything broken on this mod? wifi, usb mass media, gps, etc

#3 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

This mod is based on th 0415 rom released yesterday, so any bugs ther are present in mine...

Wifi works, Sd cards are working, I removed the zimage for mass storage from my release, as I only use adb, and find dropbox better for transfering, I guess you can reflash the zImage and zImage_adb from the 0415 rom and it would work again..

I don't have gps to test, but as I said, I not changd anything there, so this should be working OM said on the 0415 thread that it looked like it would be he hand't tested..

I do have a couple of changes planned for this release, and I will probably release a v2 some point soon..

Believe me though, this is the fastest my tab has ever run...

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#4 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

great news and thanks the for the feedback. i'll have a go at it after i've run a Ti backup on my 3rd party apps.

Edited by NoMadMan, 17 April 2011 - 03:19 PM.

#5 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

one last question. did you have to do a build.pro hack to get most of the Market apps to show?

#6 troydog

troydog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

omg it works and works freaking great at that.

Now anyone know where the video driver info is or back ight info at all. I am thinking my back lights are going out on this tablet.

Also market works but will not download anything at all. It says downloading but just sets there. Could be a market site problem also.

Edited by troydog, 17 April 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#7 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

omg it works and works freaking great at that.

Now anyone know where the video driver info is or back ight info at all. I am thinking my back lights are going out on this tablet.

Also market works but will not download anything at all. It says downloading but just sets there. Could be a market site problem also.

Not a market site problem. I'm still on the previous rom and I can download and update apps fine.

Are you also sayng that you can search any application available on the Market and not able to download the app?

#8 troydog

troydog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Not a market site problem. I'm still on the previous rom and I can download and update apps fine.

Are you also sayng that you can search any application available on the Market and not able to download the app?

Yes I can find what I need in the market. Hit download it says starting but just hangs there. Bar never moves and no download at all.

#9 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

build.prop fix is done in this build, yeah :)

i have noticed, that on 0415 the brightness seems to be alot lower than on previous releases, i plan to have a little play and get it sorted for v2..

not had any issues downloading for the market, have you got your date/time set? sometimes i have to "restart" a download to get it to kick in....

Edited by Karl0ss, 17 April 2011 - 05:28 PM.

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#10 troydog

troydog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

omg /i am such a fool forgot to set day and time. Slaps self. lol

#11 troydog

troydog

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

This is how dark the screen is. I think I know why On the first down load I think the files got screwed up. Witch inturn change a setting for the backlight in the system
Attached File  Photo_00003.jpg   14.83KB   79 downloads
Attached File  Photo_00002.jpg   21.79KB   60 downloads

#12 atp_uestc

atp_uestc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

thank you.
i will try it and see.
omarahum ask me to write below,although i don't know what means:

Liao Dengyan, Zenithink ROM Developer
Email: dyliao@zenithink.com
Have a question for me? Email me the link to your post here on SlateDroid.

#13 raits999

raits999

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:15 AM

Did you include modified wpa_supplicant in your rom?

#14 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:52 AM

Did you include modified wpa_supplicant in your rom?

In what sense? For Adhoc connections it has been done already, and I didn't have any wifi issue after wiping/factory reset...

I do HATE the new sdcard structure from the 0415 rom though..

Karl0ss

http://www.zt180apps.co.uk/

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#15 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

This is how dark the screen is. I think I know why On the first down load I think the files got screwed up. Witch inturn change a setting for the backlight in the system
Attached File  Photo_00003.jpg   14.83KB   79 downloads
Attached File  Photo_00002.jpg   21.79KB   60 downloads

My screen is no where near that dark, it can be, but it's sat at about 70% and though not as bright as previous roms, is brighter than your screens, what you think of VTL Launcher? Did you manage to root ok?

Karl0ss

http://www.zt180apps.co.uk/

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#16 atp_uestc

atp_uestc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

i use your rom. it's nice of the adw and office suite.

but market root and Mail'c is not work

Edited by atp_uestc, 18 April 2011 - 03:32 AM.

#17 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

"t's nice of the adw " you mean VTL yeah? as i have removed ADW from this firmware?...

i have had no problems with the market, what is the problem you are having? is your date/time set correctly?

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#18 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

i use your rom. it's nice of the adw and office suite.

but market root and Mail'c is not work

sorry, what problems are you having when them?

market - seems to work fine for me, i have just redownloaded and app and it works...? are your date/time correct? have you added your android account properly?
root - you need to run universalandroot with the option "do not install superuser" you can then try the included root explorer, you will see you have root access...
mail'd - what is the issue you are seeing with this? this needs to be setup using manaul email settings? it doesn't pick up system wide accounts...

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#19 atp_uestc

atp_uestc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:45 AM

how to run universalandroot with the option "do not install superuser"?

does your market show all app?

just now market root and Mail is not run when i touch.

#20 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:50 AM

how to run universalandroot with the option "do not install superuser"?

does your market show all app?

just now market root and Mail is not run when i touch.

universalandroot - open the app (should be installed) and select "do not install superuser" from the dropdown list, then say root..
mail - this is definatly working for me, did you flash the blank userpartition supplied? or tried a factory reset?

it kinda sounds like something is not done right..

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL