• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Set the clock back 24 hours and try again and download a free app quickly if you get to market. Then correct the date amd time.

Go into applications and force stop and clear cache and try again.

Put in a second google account.

All of these have been known to work and are all over the board in posts if you use search.

#42 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Set the clock back 24 hours and try again and download a free app quickly if you get to market. Then correct the date amd time.

Go into applications and force stop and clear cache and try again.

Put in a second google account.

All of these have been known to work and are all over the board in posts if you use search.

Thank you panengineer. I've done all the things you suggested. I'm getting very close to solving this issue. I have been searching as much as I can, but still haven't killed the last bug. At this point, I have the Market loaded on the device and it is working without a server error. However, there are no applications at all in the Market. I have searched this problem extensively. I have changed the date, loaded another google account, tried to force stop the app, and re-loaded Kewlguy's Market fix. The system is running Android 7 (If I am reading this right.) Can you point me to any other post that discusses how to resolve this issue?

#43 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thank you panengineer. I've done all the things you suggested. I'm getting very close to solving this issue. I have been searching as much as I can, but still haven't killed the last bug. At this point, I have the Market loaded on the device and it is working without a server error. However, there are no applications at all in the Market. I have searched this problem extensively. I have changed the date, loaded another google account, tried to force stop the app, and re-loaded Kewlguy's Market fix. The system is running Android 7 (If I am reading this right.) Can you point me to any other post that discusses how to resolve this issue?

Apply the no matching content market fix flash from my thread which is stickied in the main WPDN discussion forum.

Edited by panengineer, 30 October 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#44 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Apply the no matching content market fix flash from my thread which is stickied in the main WPDN discussion forum.

I tried the no matching content market fix flash - cleared cache - set back date - rebooted. Still no Market Apps. I tried the op_supp_mrktfix - cleared cache - set back date - and rebooted. Same thing. I know I'm missing a step, but, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Any other suggestions?

I did notice several posts that refer to the data/apps directory on the internal card. I don't see a data/apps directory. Is it a hidden directory or did I somehow trash it?

Thanks, again.

#45 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I tried the no matching content market fix flash - cleared cache - set back date - rebooted. Still no Market Apps. I tried the op_supp_mrktfix - cleared cache - set back date - and rebooted. Same thing. I know I'm missing a step, but, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Any other suggestions?

I did notice several posts that refer to the data/apps directory on the internal card. I don't see a data/apps directory. Is it a hidden directory or did I somehow trash it?

Thanks, again.

Fixed it. Thanks

#46 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Fixed it. Thanks

Great! The data/apps is a linux directory created by the newer FWs for storing apps, you can only see it with a linux machine, not a windows machine.

#47 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Help... I'm back where I started. Again, the Market shows no content. I re-flashed the Mrkt_fix, reset the time/date, rebooted... several times. I'm beating my head on the table, but that isn't helping either.

I noticed that when I set the time / date, it quickly resets back to the current time and date. I have attempted to disable sync using the Quick Sync Settings. I don't know how else to disable the sync.

I know there is probably a thread that covers this, but I really can't find a solution. Thanks, again, for your help.

#48 Sir Tanon

Sir Tanon

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

I found what did it for me was the modification to the ro.build.fingerprint to "google/passion/passion....."

This should be it here: Link

Since I added this one in, cleared cache, did the time/date trick, and gave it a little time, I am able to get full Market with no problems.

#49 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I have fixed many of my earlier probs by starting over and following KG's and panengineer's instructions. I have the market working and, for the most part, everything seems stable. I still have a couple naggings problems that I can't find solutions for. Currently, this what I have:
WPDN device number 7020000212701103

Build: slatedroid OPDN 2.1.1

KERNEL 2.6.29

FW: sh20_20110302_k_PDF_inx7e_6410pop

MY wifi is pretty slow and is difficult to connect, requiring multiple reboots. I found several posts to wifi analyzer, but can't find the apk. I don't even know if it will help.

I have found several references to YouTube problems, but haven't found a solution.

The last one is a shot in the dark. I want to run Vitalsource bookshelf e-reader. My university uses their proprietary book format. Unless there is a workaround, I requires and2.2. Any ideas?

Thanks, again, for all the help.

#50 Sir Tanon

Sir Tanon

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

I have fixed many of my earlier probs by starting over and following KG's and panengineer's instructions. I have the market working and, for the most part, everything seems stable. I still have a couple naggings problems that I can't find solutions for. Currently, this what I have:
WPDN device number 7020000212701103

Build: slatedroid OPDN 2.1.1

KERNEL 2.6.29

FW: sh20_20110302_k_PDF_inx7e_6410pop

MY wifi is pretty slow and is difficult to connect, requiring multiple reboots. I found several posts to wifi analyzer, but can't find the apk. I don't even know if it will help.

Your setup looks like what I have on mine - I'm assuming you meant 'sh20_20110302_k_PD_inx7e_6410pop' and not 'PDF'
I have the occasional wifi issue - only happens when the WPDN goes to sleep - I have it set to never sleep while charging, and it has never screwed up on me while on the charger. As far as the wifi analyzer - if you have working market on yours, like I do on mine, then you should be able to just install it from Android Market - just search 'wifi analyzer' and it should come right up.

I have found several references to YouTube problems, but haven't found a solution.

I have installed TubeMate and the Flash patch. It's not perfect, but it works. There's also apparently a better solution.. YouTubeHD or something like that. You should be able to find it by searching.

#51 Ryon341

Ryon341

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Your setup looks like what I have on mine - I'm assuming you meant 'sh20_20110302_k_PD_inx7e_6410pop' and not 'PDF'
I have the occasional wifi issue - only happens when the WPDN goes to sleep - I have it set to never sleep while charging, and it has never screwed up on me while on the charger. As far as the wifi analyzer - if you have working market on yours, like I do on mine, then you should be able to just install it from Android Market - just search 'wifi analyzer' and it should come right up.

I have installed TubeMate and the Flash patch. It's not perfect, but it works. There's also apparently a better solution.. YouTubeHD or something like that. You should be able to find it by searching.

Would you mind giving me a link to the Flash Patch? Either I've lost my mind, or the search engine on this site leaves a lot to be desired. I can't seem to find anything with the search. What little I have found has been by trolling thread by thread.

#52 Sir Tanon

Sir Tanon

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Page 1 of this thread

Look on the first post, about 4/5 of the way down.. you're looking for "Flash Lite 10.1"

#53 phtzy

phtzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

OK here is what I think is the kernel out of this beast.

I did a data dump of all the internal flash mount points (8 of them). That gave me the raw block images out of it.

That might be usable as is, but it was the whole memory block, and the kernel only occupies part of it. So then I took a hex editor and pretty much took an educated guess where the kernel ended. I looked at some old kernels and there seem to be 13 bytes of 00s at the end, so I put 13 00's at the end of this too. My guess is that it is good to go.

Let me know if it works. If this labor intensive manual way to snatch all the images works, I might actually be able to reverse engineer the complete C1SL20_20120224_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip flash which would probably be a big help.

I think you want to:

adb remount
adb push kernel /data/misc
adb shell flash_image kernel /data/misc/kernel
adb shell rm /data/misc/kernel (optional)
adb shell reboot

or something like that

OR - here is a flashable kernel fixer - all it does is fuse the kernel. it will leave everything else alone for now. It would be nice if you tried the flashable one to make sure that works too.

So far, I think you are the only one that has put inthe clockwork recovery. I'm glad you did, because it will be a huge help fixing this, and maybe you can be the guinea pig for this if I do manage to make a complete firware for it. Maybe you could try to flash it for me.

Right now, I don't want to flash my untouched unit because the most important thing is having an undisturbed unit as a donor.

let me know if this works!

I meeted with the same probliem too, could you send me the two files? In my contry that web station was filterd,thanks a lot. i am so sorry to disturb you with poor English.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users