Photo

How to reflash the 9.7 IMX515 HT-PAD with internal sd card?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

Till now I didn't get 32 GB to work in use of the full capacity, just max 16GB useable!

There isn't an option for to reset to Factory Default within the system menues.

To open the Factory Reset you have to power OFF the tab first.

• Power ON the Tab using the Power Button
  • As the Tab starts directly press the big Home Button in front of the screen for about 3-4 sec
  • There will show up a Triangel with caution mark and an Android
  • Android System Recovery V.1.0 will start.

Now you'll have the choice between:
  • reboot system now
  • Update from sdcard
  • factory reset
  • wipe cache partition

To move between the choices use the Volume UP or DOWN key and use the big Home Button for to select your choice.

Hope that answers your question..

Regarding the Google Account, I don't know because I never was need to delete tha account data and settings. Sorry.

PS: If you get problem to power ON your tab after pressing wrong Key combination etc, use the RESET Switch (found just beside of the Audio/Headphone connector) using a Paperclip.

finally I got it!

Maybe someone is interested, that's what I did...
First of all I 'rooted' the tablet (for example with 'SuperOneClick' )
Second I installed 'Droid Explorer' on my PC, I looked for the file '/data/system/accounts.db', open it with the 'SQLite Explorer' (included in SuperOneClick) and 'DELETE FROM accounts WHERE name='EmailOfTheAccountToBeDeleted'.

Thank you to everybody who spended more than 1sec reading about my problem, and specially to that people who furthermore wasted more time answering ;-)

Roger Calver, I couldn't find that thread, but also thank you.

#42 dirtytuga

dirtytuga

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Finally I got my tablet reflashed with the 26/3 tianfen firmware but I got it using a xp computer. In my W7 computer I always got errors.
The only issue I have: camera is not working at all. when I click on the icon I get the msg: "Sorry! Tha application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".
So, is the camera app that is in this frimware that is not capable to deal with the camera. The one thst was in the "original" firmware was working good.

Any owner of this device (Generic two speakers more 3 air entries) with the original firmware "HT.PAD1051_V1.4CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209" can "extract" THE CAMERA APP from the system and make it available for me? Thank you

#43 rubicon2000

rubicon2000

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

Finally I got my tablet reflashed with the 26/3 tianfen firmware but I got it using a xp computer. In my W7 computer I always got errors.
The only issue I have: camera is not working at all. when I click on the icon I get the msg: "Sorry! Tha application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".
So, is the camera app that is in this frimware that is not capable to deal with the camera. The one thst was in the "original" firmware was working good.

Any owner of this device (Generic two speakers more 3 air entries) with the original firmware "HT.PAD1051_V1.4CU_update1-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209" can "extract" THE CAMERA APP from the system and make it available for me? Thank you

I have an HT_PAD 1051 with the same original firmware as you have I eventually want to do an upgrade but I am not in a rush. Meantime per your request I had a look at the files on the internal sd card and I attach here the " Android" folder( Compressed). I can't find a "camera app" but I am not familiar with the files system of Linux/Android. I hope this helps. If this is not what you need, hopefully others who are more knowledgeable will come forward.

Have you been able to use the 30 pin connector for other than on " USB storage" mode? In other words to connect an external keyboard or a USB memory stick?

#44 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

On mine the camera works fine after the update. All other even not any problem.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#45 Hi there

Hi there

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

I'm not sure what's the problem but I'm not able to use the 3-11 FW Image. I get 2 different Error messages:

• Updater Error 0Xffff0000 (-65536)-
  • Updater Error 0x100 (256)-

The 4-26 FW Image is ok from the 4-26_Gpad_Firmware_Flashing files.

Could it be the problem came from my MB revision?My MB is: PAD1051M_V5.1

The original Firmware was: HT_PAD1051_V1.4_update2-eng-2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209

I was getting your error (#2) with both the March and April builds, until I renamed fdiskcmd.txt.old to fdiskcmd.txt and let it run with the old set of commands.

My tablet is very similar to dirtytuga's, listed in the Herotab M10 forum, but originally came with a 4-gig card, which I replaced with an 8 gig class 10. I'm on the April firmware build listed above now. Only my camera seems to have issues.

#46 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

And the winner of 'the dumbest guy in the world' is....

MEEE!!!!

Well, at the feescale.com website I found one way to re-connect tab and PC, whith that MfgTool comes a Linux version for the iMX515, I really don't konw what I was thinking about when seemed like a good idea to try it in my tab.

And now if anybody need some spare part...

Moral of the fable... Never, never, remember... NEVER wildly load everything in everywhere, it may cause too much laughter in others.

#47 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

And the winner of 'the dumbest guy in the world' is....

MEEE!!!!

Well, at the feescale.com website I found one way to re-connect tab and PC, whith that MfgTool comes a Linux version for the iMX515, I really don't konw what I was thinking about when seemed like a good idea to try it in my tab.

And now if anybody need some spare part...

Moral of the fable... Never, never, remember... NEVER wildly load everything in everywhere, it may cause too much laughter in others.

Hey, hey!

Don't fool yourself, that kind mistake is done very fast!

Why not just change the TF Card (internal) and re-burn the working firmware?

By the way, on that MfgTool even is an Windows CE, beside of the Linux! Anyway I think those images are done for PDA's and NOT for Slates! But you should be able to recover. I would try that!

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#48 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

Hey, hey!

Don't fool yourself, that kind mistake is done very fast!

Why not just change the TF Card (internal) and re-burn the working firmware?

By the way, on that MfgTool even is an Windows CE, beside of the Linux! Anyway I think those images are done for PDA's and NOT for Slates! But you should be able to recover. I would try that!

That was my first thought, but now I won't be able to turn it on, because the on/off button doesn't do anything, the tablet seems don't start (I really don't know because in the main board I can't find any led).

I'm frustrated :-(
Attached File  IMG_1936.JPG   1.28MB   34 downloads

#49 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

OK, try to disconnect the Batteries for a moment.
Reconnect the Batteries.
Use a Paperclip and push the RESET button which is near to the Headphone jack.
Try to switch ON the Tab.

So it were working on my Tab but the MB is an v5.1 and no v4

Hope that could help.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#50 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:36 AM

OK, try to disconnect the Batteries for a moment.
Reconnect the Batteries.
Use a Paperclip and push the RESET button which is near to the Headphone jack.
Try to switch ON the Tab.

So it were working on my Tab but the MB is an v5.1 and no v4

Hope that could help.

Nop,

I think I checked all possible combinations.

I can not turn on the tab, nor the PC to recognize anything from USB port.

I sopose that all the drivers are now unconfigured.

Anybody knows if is possible to buy the mother-board as a spare part??? (and if yes it is!, where???)

Thanx

Edited by zehnp, 15 June 2011 - 03:39 AM.

#51 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:09 AM

I'll check with my supplier he've some MB around. But that will need some time because he was just go last Monday to China and will be back end of the month. Don't know his staff know about his spareparts, will ask them on Friday and let you know the outcome.

I'm very sorry about that.

Have you contact Freescale Support and ask them for an possible solution?

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#52 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

I'll check with my supplier he've some MB around. But that will need some time because he was just go last Monday to China and will be back end of the month. Don't know his staff know about his spareparts, will ask them on Friday and let you know the outcome.

I'm very sorry about that.

Have you contact Freescale Support and ask them for an possible solution?

First of all, thank you so much for your interest, you're very kind.

And about Freescale Support, I guess they could help me if my problem were whith CPU because (I "guess"!!!) that board is made by other company, but equally I'll try that way

Thanx,
Robert.

--- Confirmed ---
That board is not made for them, it only uses their iMX515 CPU, then they don't give tech support.
--- Thanx again ---

Edited by zehnp, 15 June 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#53 obeguin

obeguin

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

Hello, I also have the same problem as you.. I play with a little bit with imgtools but i wasnt patient enough and plugged off my device... And when i did that, i ended up with a black screen

Now, the device doesnt seem to turn on anymore, i can not go into the recovery mode...

Only way i can, if possible, unbrick it is by using the SD card inside and try to install a systm image onto that SD Card.....

I look on different topics, found a video to unbrick the herotab m102 but sadly, i cannot find a image file to copy onto the SD card...

So, if anyone manage to unbrick a Heropad m10 who cannot boot up, only by using the internal SD card, please let me know...

#54 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

I'm not sure that could work!

In the past I had used totally empty and even unformatted TF Cards (internal) and the Tab was startup with no problem for to start the flashing.

Both of you telling that the Tab didn't switch ON at all! How could a internal TF Card with Image work if the Tab didn't switch ON??

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#55 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

I'm not sure that could work!

In the past I had used totally empty and even unformatted TF Cards (internal) and the Tab was startup with no problem for to start the flashing.

Both of you telling that the Tab didn't switch ON at all! How could a internal TF Card with Image work if the Tab didn't switch ON??

I agree with REIMAR, at least in my case, try to load an entire firmware through SD seems not possible because I don't have any access even to system menu.

I've formated my SD, otherwise I would have send you an IMG file. I'm so sorry.

If you don't mind, I wish keep contact with you OBEGUIN, to keep explaining our progresses. (If you agree, send me a PM)

Now I'm trying to buy one main board as a sparepart, if I get it, I'll tell you my experience with it.

#56 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

That was my first thought, but now I won't be able to turn it on, because the on/off button doesn't do anything, the tablet seems don't start (I really don't know because in the main board I can't find any led).

I'm frustrated :-(
Attached File  IMG_1936.JPG   1.28MB   34 downloads

I was just take a closer look at the MB from your device and it differs in some part.

You Tab was original coming with 8GB or 4GB internal TF Card? I think it were with 4GB?!

It also looks like that all connectors, the connectors in use, are the same.

So my question is, if could get a newer MB like mine, which is v5.1, would that be Ok for you?

Check the picture from my MB i uploaded to Localhostr.com: http://localhostr.co...b/SAM_0376X.jpg you'll need to download from there, the size is 6MB

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#57 apad453

apad453

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

Thanks Mp4 for sharing the video it was very helpful, now Im trying to get the image onto a 16 gig card, I have seen somthing on here about it and you have to resize the partitions, just got to find out which partitions and what size to make my a8 see the full 16 gig, if anyone knows this the info would be apreciated.

#58 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

I was just take a closer look at the MB from your device and it differs in some part.

You Tab was original coming with 8GB or 4GB internal TF Card? I think it were with 4GB?!

It also looks like that all connectors, the connectors in use, are the same.

So my question is, if could get a newer MB like mine, which is v5.1, would that be Ok for you?

Check the picture from my MB i uploaded to Localhostr.com: http://localhostr.co...b/SAM_0376X.jpg you'll need to download from there, the size is 6MB

Mine has 8Gb microSD too.

About your question, I guess that main board's version couldn't afect to screen, speakers, usbs... Am I right?

I'm still waiting response of my eMails. I've sent one to seller and another to this ###########.com seller (#190527881355), they say that they are a trading company which are cooperating with a lot of factories here in Shenzhen, and at description there is an email address to contact whith them.

I'll keep you informed.

#59 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

The reason why I asked you, is that I've seen several of that Tabs with the v4 MB and all of them had 4 GB internal Memory TF Card. May I'll go tomorrow to my dealer and check his stock. Will see I could do something.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#60 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

The reason why I asked you, is that I've seen several of that Tabs with the v4 MB and all of them had 4 GB internal Memory TF Card. May I'll go tomorrow to my dealer and check his stock. Will see I could do something.

That would be great!!!

I look forward your news!