Photo

How to reflash the 9.7 IMX515 HT-PAD with internal sd card?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Jihad Ibrahim

Jihad Ibrahim

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

thanks for your help

i have almost same tablet with same spec's (TIANFENG builds - 3-11 firmware) 9.7 multitouch, one speaker but without a reset button!

is the above works in my tablet as well?

if yes you mentioned in the last step to push the reset button, so in my case is it required or only i need to power off normally

#22 Hi there

Hi there

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

thanks for your help

i have almost same tablet with same spec's (TIANFENG builds - 3-11 firmware) 9.7 multitouch, one speaker but without a reset button!

is the above works in my tablet as well?

if yes you mentioned in the last step to push the reset button, so in my case is it required or only i need to power off normally

Your reset button may be like mine, inside a pin hole on the upper left corner of the device. Use a paper clip if you need to use it.

I would be careful with the firmwares shown in this thread and in the instructions given: If your tablet is like mine, for example, which has the same firmware build number as the OP's, it lacks a physical 8 GB memory card. I believe mine has 2 GB allocated in the on-board nonvolatile memory vice a separable memory card, but I haven't had mine apart to confirm this. It is my understanding that the 8 GB system image may brick such a tablet...but I would also think that any software designed to do firmware upgrades would immediately error out on finding a mismatch between the available memory and the firmware image size.

Edited by Hi there, 27 May 2011 - 12:34 PM.

#23 JGZinv

JGZinv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

The 8 GB has been shown to work for the majority of M10 V2 owners, it's the 16 GB versions and old fdiskcmd (I think) files
that are floating around that are causing most of the problems.

The NAND may be whatever size, but depending on the firmware, you may see most of that 7.x GB allocated to the system memory,
or you may see most of it allocated as the fake SD card, and a small sub-300 MB amount for system storage.

#24 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

Seems to be many users incl. myself were looking for that Firmware for to recover from brick!!.
Question: Did the MFGTool work with Windows 7 64 bit? Because there some drivers 64 bit already with them!

Thanks for your answer.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

#25 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

Done a new flashing right now and all is just fine, which means everything works.

The time was need: 9min 20sec. on an brand new 8 GB Card Class 4 unformatted.

In real I had need 4 run's to get everything back working:
  • Using the Firmware 3-11 from the 3-11 Gpad Firmware Flashing Folder: didn't finish get Error code: Update Error 0xffff0000 (-65536)-
  • Using the Firmware 4-26 from the 3-11 Gpad Firmware Flashing Folder: didn't finish get Error code: Update Error 0xffff0000 (-65536)-
  • Using the Firmware 3-11 from the 4-26 Gpad Firmware Flashing Folder: didn't finish get Error code: Update Error 0xffff0000 (-65536)-
  • Using the Firmware 4-26 from the 4-26 Gpad Firmware Flashing Folder: finally works!!
Between every probe of flashing, I had to disconnect the device from the PC for to get it work ok.

After final flashing and first boot, the device was starting in Chinese language and I had to set back to English.

Tomorrow I'll use an 16 GB Class 10 Card for to flash and see it will works. Will report back here what will be to outcome.

Anyway A big Thank You So Much to JGZinv for his detailed an excellent tutorial.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#26 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

I'm not sure what's the problem but I'm not able to use the 3-11 FW Image. I get 2 different Error messages:
  • Updater Error 0Xffff0000 (-65536)-
  • Updater Error 0x100 (256)-

The 4-26 FW Image is ok from the 4-26_Gpad_Firmware_Flashing files.

Could it be the problem came from my MB revision?My MB is: PAD1051M_V5.1

The original Firmware was: HT_PAD1051_V1.4_update2-eng-2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#27 JGZinv

JGZinv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Not real sure. As to your first post, I've heard nothing but problems concerning Win 7 64 bit and the firmware process.
I've read a very small handful of people had success with 32 bit, but the people that do have knowledge are telling
everyone else just to play it safe and use Win Xp 32 bit as it's the most reliable. Beyond that I can't tell you
if it is the MFGtool or the drivers being the issue. Maybe both. There's also that USB update tool that Masta X has in
his signature files, but I (guess/think) that was designed for pengfain builds, not tianfengs. Tianfengs have always had MFGtool.

As to the errors. Again I'm guessing, but remember that your file system folders were changed and something to do with the formatting
and ignoring bad sectors was fixed in the 4-26 firmware. Maybe the 3-11 firmware has trouble reestablishing itself once the 4-26
has been installed. It's a guess, but that's all I can offer.

I'm not an Android dev, I just am fiddling with all this to try and fix a tablet for someone else and am the largest geek locally.
The Russian 4pda forums have newer information and seem to be making progress. XDA development posts have slowed to a crawl and we
seem to be getting requests for help more so than anything else here. So look around is the best suggestion I can offer.

#28 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for that.

Regarding the 3-11 errors, I had use both new and used TF Cards, getting the same error. That said I think it has nothing to do with bad sectors etc. but with the firmware image itself. I although used the manual way for to clean the TF Cards from any partition and still got that error.

Now an other question which you may could answer: Is there any way to use the 4-26 firmware for to be added on an 16GB Class10 Card using the full available space? The infos for to create the partitions on the 8GB TF Card must be located in some script/file etc. Could such be edited to extend the size of the partition which should be build?

Thanks for your answer.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#29 JGZinv

JGZinv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:05 AM

There is indeed a 16 GB fdiskcmd (I think that's the name) text file that replaces the 8 GB version that I included with the
files I linked. I left it out due to there so far being very few if any 16 GB M10's floating around, and I didn't want
the inexperienced to have yet another way to break their install process.

I'll try to get the 16 GB file linked here tomorrow. I don't have it on this computer currently.

#30 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

There is indeed a 16 GB fdiskcmd (I think that's the name) text file that replaces the 8 GB version that I included with the
files I linked. I left it out due to there so far being very few if any 16 GB M10's floating around, and I didn't want
the inexperienced to have yet another way to break their install process.

I'll try to get the 16 GB file linked here tomorrow. I don't have it on this computer currently.

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

That file name is fdiskcmd.txt and seems to hold the command for the creation of the TF Card structure (Partition's).

If you don't mind, please send those text file by PM or e-mail to me and I'll test it could work or not. In case it would work, I would even try to create an other similar text file for to create a 32 GB TF Card structure.

Although, if the text file works and could be used to create an 16GB (or even an 32 GB) Firmware Image, I'll make them public available at SlateDroid.

I've one device lying open up on my table and I've TF Cards in different sizes up to 32GB available for testing. So, that would the needed testing Environment and would not harm anybody or anybodies device.

Again a big thanks to you for your help.

Edit:

As the structure of the TF Card holds different Partition: FAT32, Ext3, Ext4 etc. it's impossible to create those using a Windows or even DOS PC, may a Linux Machine would do the job. While using the Firmware Image those Partitions seems to be create from the MfgTool using Linux commands.

Maybe an experienced Linux Programmer could easy build those text files for to create the required structure.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#31 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

Going on how other TF card devices change from one card to a larger use best using gparted to resize partitions.
I will get a link with the info for you but in essence you image the original internal one from your tablet and then copy the partitions to your larger card and resize using gparted in linux.
Slatedroid Singularity

#32 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

I'm not sure that will work!!

Take a look at the structure of the original TF Card:
Posted Image

It's the partiton 1 which need to be extended while Partition 5 is a fixed Partition which could NOT be moved in any way! I was try GParted already: don't work! Same for any other partition App's is used and that's

Now I waiting for to get the 16GB fdiskcmd.txt file to reflash the Firmware to an 16GB Class10 TF Card. If that works, I'll take a close look at the txt file and try to generate one for a 32GB TF Card.

By the way, HD-Clone is the only Apps which I could use to clone the TF Card in Windows because it does an one to one clone of the tracks and didn't copies the files. Was try other Apps as well, but works!

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#33 JGZinv

JGZinv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Files sent Reimar.

Also not sure how well you are at reading really poor translations, but there is much to learn from the Russian modders.
http://translate.goo...PoJOA5vXvnaBujQ

#34 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

Got it! Thanks a lot. Send PM already.

After testing and find it works, I'll release the files to the public at Slatedroid.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#35 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:32 PM

Update:

16GB is now working on the HT-PAD 1051 with 4-26 Tianfeng Firmware with no problems.

I plan first to create 2 different compressed files for either 8GB and 16GB based Firmware for the HT-PAD 1051 Tianfeng version of the Hero Tab M10/Gtab for to avoid problem with mixing up the files. After done that, I'll continue to try to create an Image for the 32GB Firmware which will need a bit of time because I've to do my normal work as well.

ASAP I'll upload the modified Firmware for the HT-PAD 1051 in 8GB and 16GB version to Mediafire so everybody who's in need of that firmware could freely download from there. I think that will be done later this day at the evening or night time.

I'll although open a new Thread about the HT-PAD 1051 Tianfeng device for to avoid further mix up with other incompatible version of that device. That will although be ready later this day.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#36 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

I'll take a crack at helping you guys since it appears most of the knowledgeable folks aren't visiting.

Rule 1: Always research the topic fully to the point of complete understanding - before formatting, mounting, unmounting, wiping, or anything else that
even sounds remotely like causing damage to a device. It's better to have a half working device, than to keep trying new firmwares that may have nothing
to do with your tablet, and have a non-working tablet. It is not wise to experiment if you don't know how to fix it if things go wrong. This has become
an epidemic among mobile device owners.

Now as to using MFGtool.

From what I understand, there's different versions of MFGtool, one that wipes data and one that does not.
I have only been able to locate a working link for the data destroying version, so it is what I use.

Here are three file sets:

Drivers (XP 32 bit)
http://www.multiupload.com/FJPVMV56T1

Firmwares and MFGtool (XP 32 bit)

Tianfeng 03 - 11 - 2011 ONLY
http://www.multiupload.com/0D23T99G6M

Tianfeng 04 - 26 - 2011 ONLY
http://www.multiupload.com/5K55NQNI4L

Changes between 4-26 and 3-11 firmware versions:

A newer App Market (still doesn't show all apps without fix).
Newer versions of voice search and other regular Google Apps.
Some sounds and alarms have been changed.
New or updated libwebcore.so, libhardware_legacy.so, libhonmax-ril.so, libspeech.so, libvoicesearch.so
The internal memory directories have been fixed so instead of extsd, the correct sdcard directory is used.
WiFi appears to connect properly now instead of needing other fixes.
New generic android lock screen is enabled by default.
Camera now more stable for some users.
Some/most of the Chinese specific included apps are gone.
A Recovery Mode has been added for developers, (power key + home supposedly).

This is only for TIANFENG builds, NOT Pengfaxin builds.
From what I've seen, "most" users can go from
a 2-25 2011 build to a 3-11 build, then to a 4-26 build. I do not know if going from 2-25 to a 4-26 build will
result in problems. So it would be recommended to upgrade the firmware in sequence one after the other.
You will lose all data, so if you can, backup everything you want to save first.

Also note, these firmwares have files that are specific to the 8 GB version of the Gpad Geforce / HeroTab M10 clone.
I have read there is a 16 GB version being sold, and there are different files needed for that unit due to the larger size
NAND memory. These are ONLY for the 8 GB version of the tablet.

I would also very highly recommend that your tablet be charged before attempting a firmware flashing. If you don't know how charged
it is due to it being broken, then just leave in on the charger for a couple hours prior to attempting these steps. You can also leave
it on the charger during the flashing - but you must remember to turn it off completely when I tell you to in the steps below. It should not
have the battery charging animation on the screen, it must be "off" off.

How to use the files:

Download the Drivers and at least one of the firmware and MFGtool ZIP folders. Unzip or extract them to someplace
you can find them, like C drive or your Desktop.

You should have two folders, one called Drivers and another with Gpad Firmware Flashing in the name.

In order to make the tablet connect to the PC so it can be flashed, it must have a different set of drivers installed.

To do this, power the tablet completely off.

Connect the 30 pin to USB male cable to the tablet and the computer. (Win XP 32 bit)

Hold down the "option" or "menu" key (this is also the Volume Down button if long pressed) and press the power button on the tablet.
You should hear a beep or see a pop up from Windows when it discovers a new USB device, you can release both tablet buttons then.

Windows will ask if it can search for drivers on the Internet, say no and go to the next Window to specify a location to search for
the driver. Point the search location to the Drivers/iMX_BulkIO_Driver folder. Hit OK and allow the driver search to begin, it will
find the find the driver and install your tablet.

Once completed and Windows says your device was installed successfully, open up the Firmware Flashing folder.
Everything in the folder is already setup, just double click the MFGtool.exe program to launch it.

Now with MFGtool open, go to Options > Configuration.

On the Profiles tab...
The Profile should be MX51 Android Update.
Under Operations:
Both the UTP_UPDATE OS Firmware and UTP_UPDATE 51RKL MMC Linux lines should be checked at the left side.
Right click the OS Firmware operation and pick Edit from the menu, from the new window that pops up, click the
... button to the right of step 2 where it says ucl.xml - you will get a file browser window. From this window,
find the FirmwareFlashing folder and go to Profiles\MX51 Android Update\OS Firmware and click on the ucl.xml file there.
OK or confirm the selection and back out to the Options > Configuration page, you may receive an error message -
this is fine.

On the USB Ports tab...
Scroll down the list and make sure your device is present in the list, and has a check mark next to it's entry.

Hit OK to go out of the Configuration window.

Back at the main MFGtool screen, the first block on the left should show that your tablet is connected. Press the big green
Start button on the right of the screen to start the flashing process.

Now just set the tablet off to the side and wait. Depending on which firmware you use, it could take around 4 minutes, or it could
take up to 9 minutes. Be patient. The tablet screen should light up like the backlight is powered during this time.

VERY IMPORTANT - MFGtool doesn't work properly with these Gpad Geforce versions of the tablet. It never says "complete" or finished as though
the MFGtool program has completed the install of the firmware. You have to watch for the status of the install to say "Unrecognized device" and then
ONLY then, do you take a small paper clip or pointy object, and hit the tiny reset button hole button on your tablet. The tablet will turn off.
You can disconnect the USB cord and Stop/close the MFGtool program then.

Press the tablet power button and it should come back on normally.

When you get access to the Android OS, hit your Options/Menu button and go to the settings Icon. Scroll down the list till you see a square with an A letter
on it. Press that and you will be in the language select menu. Pick English or whatever you need, and back out to the main screen - your icons and text should
all be translated now.

That's it... you can proceed with fixing the Android Market or whatever other fixes you need.

Hi JGZinv,

In one previous post I readed that you are tolking about HT_PAD1051 with >=8Gb TF. I have one with 4Gb. Must I change the internal microSD before continue?

I don't know if reflash the firmware will be the solution for my problem...
I bought one 'second hand' HT_PAD that comes already configured with a google account, and I cannot delete it, change it neither restore factory defaults (because THIS OPTION IS MISSED!).

I'm not sure, but I guess the aPad is already 'rooted', there are installed aplications like 'Superuser Permissions', 'Dev Tools' and 'Spare Parts'

The Compilation number is: 'HT_PAD1051-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110127.152519' and the kernel version is: '2.6.31-00010-g0374363-dirty'
I guess first of all I have to reflash to 'Tianfeng 03 - 11 - 2011', Am I right?

Thank you very much,
zehnp.

#37 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hi JGZinv,

In one previous post I readed that you are tolking about HT_PAD1051 with >=8Gb TF. I have one with 4Gb. Must I change the internal microSD before continue?

I don't know if reflash the firmware will be the solution for my problem...
I bought one 'second hand' HT_PAD that comes already configured with a google account, and I cannot delete it, change it neither restore factory defaults (because THIS OPTION IS MISSED!).

I'm not sure, but I guess the aPad is already 'rooted', there are installed aplications like 'Superuser Permissions', 'Dev Tools' and 'Spare Parts'

The Compilation number is: 'HT_PAD1051-eng2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110127.152519' and the kernel version is: '2.6.31-00010-g0374363-dirty'
I guess first of all I have to reflash to 'Tianfeng 03 - 11 - 2011', Am I right?

Thank you very much,
zehnp.

The Firmware posted about here is for 8GB and 16GB only. Do not try to flash on 4GB Card, it will not work.

Use the 3-11 Firmware because has a better Market function. Using Z4ROOT and you could easy root the 3-11 Firmware.
From my own experiences, the 4-26 Firmware is a bit better than the 3-11! I use a 16GB TF Card internal and 8GB external at the moment. Everything works just fine with one exception: using a Screen Capture APK produces the pictures "head-down". I could live with that, the internal camera works as she should: normal!

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#38 zehnp

zehnp

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

The Firmware posted about here is for 8GB and 16GB only. Do not try to flash on 4GB Card, it will not work.

Use the 3-11 Firmware because has a better Market function. Using Z4ROOT and you could easy root the 3-11 Firmware.
From my own experiences, the 4-26 Firmware is a bit better than the 3-11! I use a 16GB TF Card internal and 8GB external at the moment. Everything works just fine with one exception: using a Screen Capture APK produces the pictures "head-down". I could live with that, the internal camera works as she should: normal!

Well in that case I'll try to obtain one microSD. Could it be a 32Gb card?

On the other topic, is that the only solution for my problem with the (main) account configured?

Does anyone know another solution to remove the google account from that tablet????

In my Android (v2.2 as well) phone I have the option 'Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Reset to factory default', but in this tablet I can't find that option!!! I can't understand why that option has disappeared!

Is there any other posibility to do the 'Reset to Factory default'?, I don't know, maybe with some hardware button or something like that!

Thank you so much all of you for your time (and for your help, of course!),
Robert.

#39 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

Till now I didn't get 32 GB to work in use of the full capacity, just max 16GB useable!

There isn't an option for to reset to Factory Default within the system menues.

To open the Factory Reset you have to power OFF the tab first.
  • Power ON the Tab using the Power Button
  • As the Tab starts directly press the big Home Button in front of the screen for about 3-4 sec
  • There will show up a Triangel with caution mark and an Android
  • Android System Recovery V.1.0 will start.

Now you'll have the choice between:
  • reboot system now
  • Update from sdcard
  • factory reset
  • wipe cache partition

To move between the choices use the Volume UP or DOWN key and use the big Home Button for to select your choice.

Hope that answers your question..

Regarding the Google Account, I don't know because I never was need to delete tha account data and settings. Sorry.

PS: If you get problem to power ON your tab after pressing wrong Key combination etc, use the RESET Switch (found just beside of the Audio/Headphone connector) using a Paperclip.

Mr. Imperfect
from

Posted Image

#40 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

There was a thread about how to clear the google account.

Sent from my Slatedroid Singularity MID816 BETA using Tapatalk
Slatedroid Singularity