• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

I tried the latest versions of SuperOneClick without much success until I came across this version of the program. I misread the name of the file and thought it said version 2.1 (which would have been higher than the latest official release v1.7) and downloaded it and tried it. Fortunately for me, it turned out that this version of the program works on the LG Optimus V!

Most of the guides I've seen expect a strong command of knowing how to use the command line so being able to use this GUI tool was quite appreciated! You can read more about the SuperOneClick uploaded here and here. Information about the standard 1.7 version of SuperOneClick can be found here.

Posted Image

Attached File  SuperOneClickFor2.1.zip   1.39MB   747 downloads

I don't guarantee anything, just that this seemed to work well for me. it could very well break your phone, molest your girlfriend and pee on your begonias. You do this at your own risk. Good Luck!

--bornagainpenguin

Edited by bornagainpenguin, 05 April 2011 - 01:50 PM.

Join the Marriage Strike!

Community||Essay|Backlash!
The Lie that is Single in the Suburbs

Got a Virgin Mobile USA smartphone?
Check these guys out!

#2 DeUglyOne

DeUglyOne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWe're back in Kansas, ToTo

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

I don't guarantee anything, just that this seemed to work well for me. it could very well break your phone, molest your girlfriend and pee on your begonias. You do this at your own risk. Good Luck!

You can break my phone (Lord knows I've bricked enough in my time), and I don't have a girlfriend (crap!), but nobody pees in my garden except me!

I ended up using the gingerbreak apk (like z4root without the fancy background, and it works on the Optimus) that is explained here.

I had to email the apk file to my gmail address (enclosed in a zip to be able to post here) and from there it was about 90 seconds from install to rooted (new phone, not much cache to clear).

Downloaded Titanium Backup (easy root test and an essential program on any Android system) and let it download and install Busybox.

Done!

Attached Files

#3 zires

zires

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBethel, CT

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

I just rooted with gingerbreak for my wife's optimus v and worked like a charm I jumped through hoops to get mine rooted.
----------
Cheers

Zire

Proud owner of a Cruz Tablet T105, and multiple Palm pda's and phones

#4 yokomi

yokomi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

:huh: seems easy, I need ask my boyfriend help me.