• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

I just bought a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V and am feeling both pleased with the performance as compared to my Pandigital Novel and overwhelmed by the complexity involved in rooting and backing up\flashing new roms. It really gives me a new appreciation for how nice Pandigital has been with keeping the Novel relatively open.

Was hoping to drop by here and get introduced to some shortcuts to getting the best out of my phone, was shocked to see how empty the forum is in this section. Why the utter and complete lack of love for LG? Does no one else here have an LG Optimus android?

--bornagainpenguin

Join the Marriage Strike!

Community||Essay|Backlash!
The Lie that is Single in the Suburbs

Got a Virgin Mobile USA smartphone?
Check these guys out!

#2 DeUglyOne

DeUglyOne

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationWe're back in Kansas, ToTo

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

I just bought a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V and am feeling both pleased with the performance as compared to my Pandigital Novel and overwhelmed by the complexity involved in rooting and backing up\flashing new roms. It really gives me a new appreciation for how nice Pandigital has been with keeping the Novel relatively open.

Was hoping to drop by here and get introduced to some shortcuts to getting the best out of my phone, was shocked to see how empty the forum is in this section. Why the utter and complete lack of love for LG? Does no one else here have an LG Optimus android?

--bornagainpenguin

Well, this is a tablet oriented forum. I just got one yesterday, tired of the other company''s BS and the $25 plan fits my phone use better.

Not too many plans for it except to root and remove the bloatware.

#3 yellowperil

yellowperil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

--bornagainpenguin

Like deuglyone said this is a forum for slates hence the name. the most informative forum for the V i've found is http://forum.android....com/optimus-v/

I've not really had many issues with rooting or installing the roms myself but there is one or two more steps you have to take. if you get stuck pm me and i'll try to help. FYI t helps to have minimal ADB knowledge.

Steve

#4 DirectX

DirectX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

*off question* is there anybody here interested to port LG KM900 ARENA to an android os ^^ . . because the progress of the development of it has been diminished by the developer who try to port it . .

Posted Image
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora I - V3
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora I - V1
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#5 masteroftime666

masteroftime666

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I got LG optimus 2x, i decided never to buy lg phone again, never got the gingerbread update yet, ICE schedualed for 2nd-3rd quarter 2012 and no nvidia drivers first and last lg phone, though rooting, and custom roms is very easy and simple on the optimus 2x

#6 Phil K

Phil K

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

I got LG optimus 2x, i decided never to buy lg phone again, never got the gingerbread update yet, ICE schedualed for 2nd-3rd quarter 2012 and no nvidia drivers first and last lg phone, though rooting, and custom roms is very easy and simple on the optimus 2x

LG's software update bricked my BRAND NEW Optimus 2x - I had it delivered from Amazon before Xmas (present to myself) tried to update to Gingerbread, thinking I'll use the official software - disastrous mistake. The download said THREE AND THREE QUARTER HOURS !!!!!!!!! - thats hideously slow for DIAL UP never mind 20mb broadband. I went out, came back nearly 7 hours later disconnected, and it wouldn't work. Just said "s/w update" and wouldn't go off that screen. I sent it off to LG's Renfrew repair place 2 days before new year, with supposed "next day" delivery....and sodding Royal Mail (hippy lazy *******) didn't deliver until yesterday (4th Jan) so God alone knows when I'll eventiually get it back.,
Like you, this is my first and LAST LG phone. Not because the phone's bad, but the software is disgraceful.

Edited by Phil K, 05 January 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#7 mcqsoft

mcqsoft

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I got LG GW620g, i decided never to buy lg phone again. LG never update android version!!! i hate LG!!! :angry:

#8 CathyLiz7

CathyLiz7

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

Bought Optimus 2X (LG P999) thru Wind in Canada. I totally want to root the d#@$#'d thing, as any and all reading this post are liable to expire of old age before LG updates the Android version. However, not a total newbie, but know just enough to be dangerous to my own device. I've dropped it a good 50 times (the battery, back, everything everywhere variety of "dropped"), and I will say this -- It was fine until the screen half shattered, and it still works, but who can say for how long? I owe $300, and kind of really don't need to brick my own and only (pun purely intentional) phone.

Would anyone have any suggestions for me? Truthfully, I just want to upgrade up one "food group" from froyo for the time being. Really, who thought that naming each successive version of Android after some variety of dessert would be really attractive to anyone on the "lifetime diet/exercise/still never measure up" plan? I have read the posts prior to my own, and will be taking what appears to be sound advice before trying to do anything aside from not dropping it again (tendonitis in both wrists, sucks)

Thank you

#9 luffy54

luffy54

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Bought an optimus L5 II and very satisfied

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

iphone 5s prix apple iphone 6

Edited by luffy54, 30 January 2014 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users