Android Tablets Forum banner

Working Bluetooth

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  carpenter940 
#1 ·
I have sucessfully got bluetooth working on the M-001

Step 1: Replace the current firmware with Slatedroid v1.3 or newer (This might also work with other custom firmwares or the original firmware, I only did this for the Android Market, which we need)

Step 2: Build or aquire a USB HOST cable for the M-001 and a bluetooth USB dongle (I used the IOgear GBU421WM USB Micro Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter)

Step 3: Go onto the android market and search bluetooth

Step 4: down a bit there is an app called Bluetooth Widget by Kostya Vasilyev, download and install it

Step 5: Install the widget on one of you home pages

Step 6: Connect the host cable, the bluetooth dongle, and the eken together.

Step 7: On the widget there is a Gear icon, touch it. Bluetooth settings open up

Step 8: Hit turn on Bluetooth and you now have working bluetooth! You can also change the device name, make it discoverable, and other bluetooth settings here.

Tell me if you had sucess and if you did it with a different firmware. Also, while I'll never do it I'd like to see someone incorporate this into their Eken. Also any questions ask below

See less See more
#4 ·
I just tested it with a Targus bluetooth dongle as well, worked too. However, my host cable is acting up, so I am not able to test it anymore ATM. If you could test any bluetooth dongles you have and report here would be great!

#3 ·
Great instructions. I have installed Printshare sofware on my Eken M001 but, was not sure how to make the wireless connection to my printer. Will following these instructions and using the Bluetooth dongle allow my Eken to find my printer? If not, what else will i need in order to make the Bluetooth connection?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.