23 replies to this topic

#1 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:18 AM

Got a new ROM to play with. This device isn't coming from them though. Kernel does not play nice with Apad. But it does boot to calibration before the screen goes nuts and white, only after it boots into Android. There are some nice things like the calibration app. I don't know what else. Default Rockchip launcher. This unit also has HDMI support. Edit: second boot in. It's okay now. No wifi though. Same busybox version. I suspect Rockchip is giving everyone the same /system image to build on, and giving them only kernel source and tools to adapt hardware. And Rockchip's kernel source for Android 1.5 sucks. Also included is a Rockchip RK2808 batch flashing tool. Buttons not compatibleThe device is reportedly faster than the Apad. There are some apps in here so I suspect this device is working off a newer build. Key is that this is based on a newer SDKDemo than the one of our APads! That leads me to think that we should give up on the Archos port and work on this with the Rockchip done Ramos W7 for a new Hybrid. The Archos ROM is in an abandoned state, imo. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!When it is working, it feels a lot faster than any Apad build I've seen so far. I'm guessing this is close to the W7 firmware. It's missing volume buttons on the main display.I never tried to boot the W7 image. I guess that it would be the same speed too. I am not sure.
# begin build properties# autogenerated by buildinfo.shro.build.id=CUPCAKEro.build.display.id=RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100630.145439ro.build.version.incremental=eng.root.20100630.145439ro.build.version.sdk=3ro.build.version.release=1.5ro.build.date=2010年 06月 30日 星期三 14:55:43 CSTro.build.date.utc=1277880943ro.build.type=engro.build.user=rootro.build.host=ubunturo.build.tags=test-keysro.product.model=sdkDemo ro.product.brand=rockchipro.product.name=sdkDemoro.product.device=sdkDemoro.product.board=ro.product.manufacturer=unknownro.product.locale.language=ro.product.locale.region=ro.board.platform=# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.devicero.build.product=sdkDemo# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprintro.build.description=sdkDemo-eng 1.5 CUPCAKE eng.root.20100630.145439 test-keysro.build.fingerprint=rockchip/sdkDemo/sdkDemo/:1.5/CUPCAKE/eng.root.20100630.145439:eng/test-keys# end build properties# system.prop for ldp# This overrides settings in the products/generic/system.prop file## rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so# rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0opencore.asmd=1keyguard.no_require_sim=1## ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES#ro.config.notification_sound=F1_New_SMS.oggro.kernel.android.checkjni=1ro.config.sync=yesnet.bt.name=Androiddalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

#2 Darexius

Darexius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Interesting find :D Downloading and preparing to play now :D :D :D

#3 Darexius

Darexius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

I tried it out and as soon as I get to the calibration tool it craps out. I'm going to open it up and see if I can find a solution. It seems the firmware isn't cooperating with the hardware, possible kernel module issue?

#4 Darexius

Darexius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

I took the original kernel.img from our current roms and shot it over and was able to "unsucessfully" calibrate the screen. It went through but I don't think it registered my hits properly. Step in the right direction, though. At least I could get to the home screen. Now for some reason I'm just having trouble unpacking update.img and getting the rest of the cramfs files out. Fails every time.EDIT: Okay, I still can't decompress update.img, BUT, I connected my mouse to the aPad and was able to turn everything to English (thank goodness). Every time I hit "Menu>Settings" the calibration program comes up, and when I do it, it says "Calibration Failed!". I'm wondering if it's just the calibration application or if it's a problem with the system somewhere else.EDIT 2: I got it to unpack. For some reason my AFPTool.exe is borked *shrugs*
Check file... OK------- UNPACK ------HWDEF   0x00000800      0x0000031ACan't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/HWDEFCan't unpack file: HWDEFpackage-file    0x00001000      0x00000212Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/package-fileCan't unpack file: package-fileRock28Boot(L).bin       0x00001800      0x00018454Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Rock28Boot(L).binCan't unpack file: Rock28Boot(L).binparameter       0x0001A000      0x000001F4Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/parameterCan't unpack file: parameterImage/misc.img  0x0001A800      0x0000C000Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Image/misc.imgCan't unpack file: Image/misc.imgImage/kernel.img        0x00026800      0x005302B4Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Image/kernel.imgCan't unpack file: Image/kernel.imgImage/boot.img  0x00557000      0x0002B004Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Image/boot.imgCan't unpack file: Image/boot.imgImage/recovery.img      0x00582800      0x0012D004Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Image/recovery.imgCan't unpack file: Image/recovery.imgImage/system.img        0x006B0000      0x034F1004Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/Image/system.imgCan't unpack file: Image/system.imgSELF    0x00000000      0x03BA2804Skip SELF file.update-script   0x03BA1800      0x000000E9Can't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/update-scriptCan't unpack file: update-scriptrecover-script  0x03BA2000      0x0000003DCan't open/create file: c:UsersJohnDesktopimage/recover-scriptCan't unpack file: recover-scriptUnpack OK!

#5 Karlleopold

Karlleopold

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Having trouble with this ROM in Windows-environment. Canīt run the RKAndroidbatchupgradetool. Doesnīt work with Hiapads upgrade tool either. Something to do with chinese language?? Anyone who has succeeded using it?

#6 Darexius

Darexius

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

Having trouble with this ROM in Windows-environment. Canīt run the RKAndroidbatchupgradetool. Doesnīt work with Hiapads upgrade tool either. Something to do with chinese language?? Anyone who has succeeded using it?

I used the same upgrader I use on every other ROM. Worked for me. Try flashing my ROM, it's based on this one and doesn't have all the hickups this one had.

#7 aong

aong

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:10 AM

wifi not work

#8 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

hmm./system/lib/libdvm.so is different from Apad iRobot(RED one). I replaced it on my 0611 based ROM, then I got speed. am I correct?I checked another ROM, and I noticed, M1/7ht/W7/blue also have faster(?) libdvm.so. so only original iRobot seems to be slow ;)

#9 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

They must have updated the dalvik engine. In that case I'm just going to change that file instead of modifying the entire ROM. I think the .so files are interchangable. My Arabic ROM is just pushing the .so files from another Cupcake ROM. I was wondering where they could have made the change. That makes sense naobsd!I've been thinking... Since the RK2808 is based on ARM926, we might be able to take libs from the Eken Donut ROMs since they are also ARM9. Does someone have a working /system in ext2 yet?

#10 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

I think the .so files are interchangable. My Arabic ROM is just pushing the .so files from another Cupcake ROM.

it should be interchangable if no hardware dependent function is included. ARM926/ARMv5 is default target platform(called Goldfish) of Android so we can use files from emulator image in SDK.it also can be built from source. there is no reason to use(find) interchangable files from another hardware.I also think about donut. but it needs more time...sorry for delay about "Android rootfs on SD card". it is easy, just extract boot.img and system.img into SD card with minor tweaks for init.rk28board.rc. I'll try to make it in this week end... (but I'm little busy;)

#11 ryannining

ryannining

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

Interesting.. if its really faster.

#12 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

It seems that some of you are getting shipments of this unit now. The usual specification fakers are advertising this as a dual core Rockchip, which is not the case.This should be the firmware for you if you don't have a charging light. Not 100% sure.

#13 belazir

belazir

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:34 AM

[quote name='xaueious;28738]It seems that some of you are getting shipments of this unit now. The usual specification fakers are advertising this as a dual core Rockchip' date=' which is not the case.This should be the firmware for you if you don't have a charging light. Not 100% sure.[/QUOTE'] Yep, think you're right.I received a Smartpad(?), Model CL-ARMM1a. Spec - 2808 600mhz + 600 DSP (?) 128MB RAM (Though seller listed as 256MB). No camera, though apps see one there, no charging light, 9v charger.Build RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100630.145439, originally 140303 I think (is that not Hybrid 6 Beta?)1Not sure where to go from here.....It's taken a lot of working out to whittle it down to this one, I'm fairly sure I'm right... but would dearly love to get rid of some of the default language chinese apps, and preferably the annoying NO SERVICE..... not that I'm picky or anything.Would love to start playing with this thing, but want to make sure I'm on the right road... lot's of random builds out there...===Ok, RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100630.140303 I think was on the device before i reset to factory default....Looks like this on boot: http://webcache.goog...ct=clnk&gl=ukSo is it an E7001..? Looks like it... but who knows... please, someone, before my brain melts ;)Not much info searching on model number, seems this might be the old/new ones in question (new releases, old chipset spec, boo. though the sellers insist 2.0 will be available of course... *cough*).

#14 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

This should help: Chinaleap M1 7" Rockchip Tablet Appears in FCC Filing

#15 belazir

belazir

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

That's the sucker.And don't believe the superior build quality either, my casing needed popped together on receipt, the power button is sticky and a gentle rattle from inside..... battery is good thoughI'm fairly annoyed with myself for not investigating more before buying - I bought a dual core with 256mb RAM which is bollocks, it's an RK2808 with 128MB (though I already called the seller out on the 256MB claim, the internal storage is 256MiB(248MB) but the RAM is 128MiB(122MB).... so again, dumb seller just following what the company states on their site.Plays video respectably though, for saying.Want me to rip it open and get pictures and precise specs?Would the latest Hybrid 6 work....? *facepalm* sorry for my n00bishness, android, tablet hardware et al is /not/ something I've played with up til now.

#16 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

You can unpack the Hybrid 6 to flash the system.img on it to see how that fares.Other ROMs to try here: Downloads - apad-irobot - Project Hosting on Google CodeKeep kernel.img intact.

#17 belazir

belazir

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

You can unpack the Hybrid 6 to flash the system.img on it to see how that fares.Other ROMs to try here: Downloads - apad-irobot - Project Hosting on Google CodeKeep kernel.img intact.

many thankings.... will report back.

#18 belazir

belazir

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

many thankings.... will report back. Question; Batch? 3 is this?! Could be 2 or 3 or completely different build but with same hw i suppose...? i assume I can reflash to any ver with the tools available, not bothered about keeping settings of course... so no issues with trial & error.Please advise.... will happily try Hybrid 6 though :(

#19 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

This is a different device altogether. You have all the tools you need to make a better firmware for it. It's a matter of you using the right bits and such.

#20 belazir

belazir

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

This is a different device altogether. You have all the tools you need to make a better firmware for it. It's a matter of you using the right bits and such.

Starting to realise this ;) Ok, so I'll just repack with hybrid6 system.img and see how it goes... if its good, I'll remove the chinese apps, add things like youtube maybe, and repost if anyone else wants to try it. I've read sooooo many forums about droid today, lol... info overload ;) will be good fun, I jailbroke my old diePhone and modded my nas to hell without much effort!