Hi

This thread is for YOUR feedback.

We would appreciate feedback on

-pre-sales contact,
-shipping and delivery times,
-post-sale support,
-quality of technical information provided,
-etc.

Feedback helps other Slatedroid users choose from the sea of other sellers.

We really do appreciate the effort and time it takes to provide your feedback.

Kind Regards

BUYaDROID

Edited by BUYaDROID, 22 March 2011 - 03:16 PM.

BUYaDROID™ is a Slatedroid SBS approved seller

Our website is located at www.BUYaDROID.blogspot.com

Look for us in Small Business Sellers Section of Slatedroid

#2 Repoman

Repoman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

I went and stole the bullet points from the previous thread to use here.

* What you bought
I bought 4 Hpye-Pads with leather cases.

-post-sale support,
I have had no post sales support as of yet as there does not appear to be any damage to the devices I ordered.

quality of technical information provided,
None as of yet, I don't expect to ask however.

* The buying experience
The PayPal scheme is a little clunky and not friendly to use. Contact and customer support through the process was exceptional however and makes up for the more sticky points in the PayPal payment method.

* How Long it took OR -shipping and delivery times,
Purchase was finalized on 3/23/2011, product arrived at location on 4/5/2011. This followed a week of communication with the seller as I asked questions. These responses were less than a day.

* What Country it shipped to (I ship to almost Everywhere for no extra cost- Fedex)
United States West coast (Oregon)
* Condition of items received
So far (I have not unpacked and tested all devices yet), fully functional and in good condition. Packing was adequate so i do not anticipate any other units damaged, although functionality is still in question.

* Communication or -pre-sales contact,
Communication was excellent through the whole process. Reposes were quick and mostly complete.

* Would you Recommend
I would recommend this buyer but I have a number of things about the device I find frustrating.

These are:
Slowness, lack of response and freezes. I had expected some slowness, these are less powerful devices than say a Zoom but I was disappointed with slowness. Freezing is an issue typically when browsing. On occasion (twice with one device in a 15 minute period) it froze to a point it had to be forced to power off. Touchscreen is finicky. Sometimes registering touches light you didn't intend, and sometimes not registering touches you did. This is rather small and with use you get used to the devices "idiosyncrasies".

Poor Android Market support. I have yet to be able to install anything from the official market. I have had the best luck simply looking up the apk's and putting them on drives and installing from the USB. This does not work for everything as I am unable to install Mozilla browser but angry birds works fine.

Charging. Battery life is a little light but acceptable however charging when operating is virtually not functional If you run down the battery you will have to either operate the device on the cable, or power it off for an extended time as charging performance when in operation is rather slow.

Poor wireless antenna. Performance from the wireless antenna is very poor, limiting functional range of the device. My experience for two of the devices I have shows about a 75% range of a similar Nook 2, or iPad.

Not great Leather case. The case gets into the way and does not seem to fit the device real well. It also blocks some of the ports (USB for example. It makes touching the Home and back buttons difficult as well.

* Would you Recommend
I would and here are some of the better points I have discovered.

Installed applications including alternate markets helpful. Not sure what comes with the generic OS but what is included is good. Email, browser and alternate markets are nice although the markets are in Chinese.

Seamless transition from wired to wireless. Unlike most devices that have multiple network connections, there is a rather seamless transition when you connect to a wire. The default settings for the wired connection make it fire and forget. This is a good tool for support.

Excellent USB support. I have plugged in 3 different keyboards, 5 different USB drives (two at one time once) and connected the device to a PC. With a USB hub extender (1 to 4) a keyboard, PC, and 2 USB drives all at once. The device handled it excellently.

Finally here is the list of things I have not done.

I have not used the SDslots. I don't have many microSD cards this is not something as of this writing I have tested.

I have not tested the GPS really.

I have not tried connecting to any 3G network.

Overall this issues are what I expected. I hope to overcome some of the challenges but I expect some features (like the short wireless range and battery issues) I will live with.

#3 mrburkley

mrburkley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

I purchased a HyPE-Pad back in December. I have only good to say about the customer service. I originally dealt with Jim and he was fantastic. Since that time the business has been passed on to Y Done. I haven't had much contact with him, but I trust that Jim wouldn't sell his business to someone he didn't trust to continue his excellent service. I've also seen some positive changes by Y Done in the web site and more. So, I would still recommend with confidence the Buy-a-Droid store.

My HyPE-Pad has been pretty good as well. I use it mostly as a text reader, GPS (you have to have GPS on and the antenna connected before you turn on the tablet for it to work) and games. Android Market works fine. I have no problem with the speed of the tablet, it's WiFi connectivity, display clarity, or just about anything else. The tiny speakers aren't very good, but I use earphones. The battery life is 2-4 hours, depending on what you're doing (reading text is 4 hours).

I've broken the inside solder joint of the power connector. The power in plug sticks out from the side of the tablet pretty far. I resoldered the connector (it's easy to open the tablet once you get over the fear of breaking it!) and have purchased a right angle connector and some clear plastic adhesive hangers which I use to secure the power cord to the side of the tablet. It's now easier to hold and pulling on the cord doesn't damage the connector.

The newest model of the HyPE-Pad looks even better!

--Michael

#4 SteveG

SteveG

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hi all,

Just wanted to leave some feedback about my recent Hype-Pad purchase.

Shipment notification took 2 days and received the tablet in 4 days from DHL. Very impressive. Communication was very good throughout. I would recommend though that the order form on the website give instant feedback via email that your order had been received.

Hype-Pad arrived in perfect condition and was well packaged. Screen is nice and bright, and once you get used to the resistive screen the tablet is quite responsive. All ports are working (LAN, USB, micro sd. Wireless works well in every room in house (3 floors), and also have a HUAWEI 3G wireless hotspot (Wind Mobile) that works perfectly when out of the house.

Movies and music play perfectly, have played a variety of video files of different formats, including 720p mkv's and haven't found one it wouldn't play. Movies look great on this device. Speakers are weak and tinny, but that's really not surprising. Android Market is installed and is working.

Here's a summary of the apps I have downloaded/installed that work really well:

Opera web Browser - works really well, but so does the pre-installed Dolphin browser

Amazon Kindle - works great, and am able to purchase books directly from Amazon and have them downloaded

Perfect Viewer - great comic book reader; opens everything I have thrown at it

JJ Comic - pretty good, but wouldn't open some cbr files

Skype - came pre-installed, works

Beam Reader - pdf reader, works well and formats content for easy reading on the platform

You Tube - works perfectly, streams HD well too

Angry Birds - works fine, but not as smooth as on an iphone, or ipad

Aldiko - Ebook Reader works well, and lets you import various formats

Co-Pilot Live - paid $29.99 for this with North American maps. Works extremely well with the Hype-Pad's GPS and requires no network connection. Use it in the car hooked up to a power inverter. Very, very very impressive

Tune-in Radio - works well

Linphone - soft sip phone works with my callcentric voip account. Can make and receive calls with the tablet, but look ridiculous talking into it ; )

I originally wanted a tablet to read comics and watch movies. I am pretty much surprised and ecstatic at the other things it can do.
Not as slick or responsive as an ipad, but I didn't expect that going in, but with all the ports and expandability options, it is definitely more versatile.

Wish it had a nice brushed metal case, as the plastic one is kind of slippery. I know if I dropped it it would shatter in a billion pieces. Also ordered the upgrade case, which is vinyl/naugahyde which is pretty cheap looking and butt ugly but does the job of protecting the tablet. I hope that no nauga was harmed in it's manufacture.

Overall A+ for Buy a Droid for brokering the sale, and adding some clarity and security to a very confusing marketplace

#5 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

Thank you for the feedback.

BUYaDROID is working on implementing a better ordering system. The current one is in need of a major overhaul. This is my highest priority.
BUYaDROID™ is a Slatedroid SBS approved seller

Our website is located at www.BUYaDROID.blogspot.com

Look for us in Small Business Sellers Section of Slatedroid

#6 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

great idea , I myself believe you should never revamp a site :rolleyes:
Are you lost, Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/slatedroid
C8+/Hp Touchpad/Galaxy Tab/
http://androidtabletfirmware.net

#7 nufftalon

nufftalon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

I just ordered from buyadroid today I will give an official review once I receive the product

#8 nufftalon

nufftalon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

I just received my tablet today. So my order was placed Oct 18th I believe and I received it 10/24/11. Buyadroid provided great feed back via email in answering my questions and providing tracking through the process. I would definitely use this merchant again. I will write a review of the tablet once I have had a chance to customize it and figure it out.

#9 nufftalon

nufftalon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

* What you bought
I bought 1 Samsung Mid 816 8inch Capacitive screen with leather case.

-post-sale support,
Everything is fine and working properly no regrets.

quality of technical information provided,
Great quick response. Excellent guidance

* The buying experience
Merchant should use a free shopping cart like zen cart, or generate a pay pal buy button for the blog site. Payment went through I sent the payment to the merchants email. No problems.

* How Long it took OR -shipping and delivery times,
October 18th order was shipped out and I was provided with tracking information. October 24th order was received

* What Country it shipped to (I ship to almost Everywhere for no extra cost- Fedex)
United States New York

* Condition of items received
All items work no problems I use my tablet everyday.

* Communication or -pre-sales contact,
Communication was above and beyond what I expecting. Very prompt if you email you will get a response the next day.

* Would you Recommend
I would definitely recommend this buyer to anyone serious about purchasing a tablet.

These are:
Device responds fast. Rooted device. I had to manual install the .apk files for netflix and adobe reader. No biggie really though I got everything working that I need.

Charging: Battery life is great. At work I can read my pdfs for a good 7 hours before battery level reaches 13 percent. When you watch videos for an extended period the battery runs out faster. I would say overall the battery life is great though I was actually trying to drain the battery by running multiple apps and using a live wallpaper and it still had life.

Wireless: Wifi is great connects to wifi no problems. My wireless router is in the living room and from the bedroom great signal. I dont own 3g device for it on a side note so cant vouche for the performance on that.

Case is awesome I love it.

* Would you Recommend:
I would recommend others.

I have used the following apps so far on this device that works
-Adobe Reader
-Netflix
-Sketchbook Pro
-Angry Birds
-Dolphin Browser
-Youtube
-Gmail

It does what I need it to do. I haven't tested any graphic intense games or anything yet. I didn't really get the tablet for that.