5 replies to this topic

#1 feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

I want to know if there is a way to get a different OS on the tablet t103. I am a fan of the way Linux ubuntu looks and feel and I was wondering if there was a way to just get a new operating system installed instead of having to us Android (which I know is also Linux) I just want more support. And the specs on the tablet are far more than enough for other linux ports such as Damn small linux or Wing Linux etc. I could even deal with windows or something on the device. If you find anything out let me know I have been looking for a long time now.

#2 hughie

hughie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I came across a Linux loader for the Android 2.2 and up but don't have it here. Give some time and I'll look it up for you.

#3 buffal0b1ll

buffal0b1ll

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I want to know if there is a way to get a different OS on the tablet t103. I am a fan of the way Linux ubuntu looks and feel and I was wondering if there was a way to just get a new operating system installed instead of having to us Android (which I know is also Linux) I just want more support. And the specs on the tablet are far more than enough for other linux ports such as Damn small linux or Wing Linux etc. I could even deal with windows or something on the device. If you find anything out let me know I have been looking for a long time now.

Sounds interesting. But I think you'd have less support. I could be wrong, but who else is trying to run Ubuntu on a T100?
Moreover, how would one keyboard and mouse around to even get it to boot? I have little confidence that the drivers for input devices from the T100 exist for the tablet to be usable in Ubuntu.

Having said that, prove me wrong. I'd be even happier to try another Linux flavor on my T100, if CWMod for T100 worked so I could Nandroid backup first.

#4 buffal0b1ll

buffal0b1ll

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Sounds interesting. But I think you'd have less support. I could be wrong, but who else is trying to run Ubuntu on a T100?
Moreover, how would one keyboard and mouse around to even get it to boot? I have little confidence that the drivers for input devices from the T100 exist for the tablet to be usable in Ubuntu.

Having said that, prove me wrong. I'd be even happier to try another Linux flavor on my T100, if CWMod for T100 worked so I could Nandroid backup first.

Ok. First try at Google search found this http://androlinux.co...ntu-on-android/
And it's Ubuntu running on top of Android OS on your tablet. To use Ubuntu, you have to remote into Ubuntu via VNC from your Android OS (or elsewhere on your network).

#5 tdodm

tdodm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

has anyone tryed this yet? im debaiting buying a t301 and wouldnt mind haveing another device with linux on it

#6 RGIII

RGIII

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey. Newbie here but im in desperate need of help. Sons bday in @4 days and i got him the R102 Cruz Reader as a gift. Trying to Flash and ROOt this thing. Any help where i can find a Macho OS, all the links are bad. And how do i even start? Ive updated the firmware from the Cruz site already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users