8 replies to this topic

#1 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

As Always - My store is a shop created BY a Droid user FOR Droid users.
I've been humbled by the positive feedback I've had in my last venture and hope to continue the trend.
Honestly, I admit I was not able to satisfy only 2 customers previously.
My Forum, Store and Paypal Rating has been 100% and I plan to keep it that way.

This forum is for BUYER FEEDBACK
Honest Replies, Both Good and Bad WILL stay on the board.

(Disputes will be deleted and handled appropriately in PM and email. Experience Results of which can be posted in the Feedback.)

When Leaving Feedback, PLEASE INCLUDE
  • What model you bought
  • How long it took
  • What communication was like

ENJOY and I hope to start filling this up soon !

Kindest,
James

Edited by MapleLeaf Tablets, 15 March 2011 - 01:03 PM.

Good'ay

#2 haberbe

haberbe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

hey James,

I got place my device order on a saturday, and i got it the next friday!. The shipping was super fast, and the device is great. I got the cap 7 version, and I am keeping myself busy learning how to play with it.

Thanks so much!

#3 automag928

automag928

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

I guess I was the first order from Jim's new store. I ordered a 816 on Thursday the 17th around 11:30pm eastern and it arrived Friday morning the 25th. Communication from Jim has been incredible, I got emails every step of the way, and any of my questions have been answered VERY promptly, usually within an hour or two if not minutes. He even went as far to message me on gmail chat! The device is wonderful. Exactly as Jim described, no issues what so ever, and I have been very pleased so far. I would have no hesitation to buy from Jim again and am recommending anyone interested in a tablet to do the same.

#4 sideways2

sideways2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS'toon Canada

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hey Jim!!!

Have to say I am extremely happy with my whole experince...right from the 816 model, the emails, the tracking and the fast shipping...got it in a week!!! Almost was less LOL!!!

Jim is great and I would greatly recommend him!!! Looking at a second tablet very soon :)

Thanks again sir!!!

Dave

#5 marvinudy

marvinudy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Interested parties,

Ordered my metal 816 tablet on April 5, 2011 and unpackaged it on April 13, 2011. My confusion on color selection and the weekend slowed things down a little. The unit was secured in its showcase vanilla white box, surrounded by a cardboard layer, sequestered in a layer of bubble wrap and finally entombed in heavy duty shipping tape.

As per instructions, I charged the unit until the 'green' not 'blue' light replaced the red charging light. This took about 3 hours. First 'boot-up' was smooth and fast.

Based on the order date, the 816-m came with Android 2.2 as expected and will be updated to the new Android 2.3 in the future after an intense familiarization period.

The touch screen is very responsive and will take some time to adapt to the gentle touch required to initiate actions. My stubby ham hand fingers are a liability but can be circumvented with a little practice. All of the advertised screen response features work well and the G-sensor has reasonable reaction time.

My order included the leather case and the keyboard. I do not plan on doing anything extensive on the usb keyboard due to the afore mentioned finger problem. The on screen keyboard
works for well for me.

Wifi initiated quickly and recognized my home system and one of the neighbors. First e-mail went out via Yahoo 04/14/11.

I need to reread the posts on 'how to correctly install' the screen protector but it appears to mitigate some of the touch screen sensitivity for those of us used to pounding a keyboard.

As of now I'm still exploring all the 'do-dads' and will try out the external SD card soon.

One problem I created for myself was ordering the wrong HDMI cable for connection to my TV. If you buy a HDMI cable make sure you get one end with the 'micro' plug. Fortunately this was a 'cheap' mistake on my part.

Communications with Jim were outstanding. My frenzy of anticipation caused me delivery tracking consternation because I did not recognize the difference between a FedEx tracking number and reference number. Live and learn.

I'll report more after the OS upgrade, TF card usage and new applications installations. And by the way, Jim is not related to me and I do not have any connection with MapleleafTABs other than being a customer.

update 04/22/2011

Took a few days to get accustomed to the basics of running the tablet. System's upgrade is delayed until it can be done 'directly'. "Rooting" the device was done using opt-root. This involved using the new external flash card (8gb,A-date, class 10 SDHC). After rooting, Andrioid Market works fine. Trial applications include; Backgrounds, BusyBox, Dolphin Browser HD, Drudge, The Detroit News, The Wall Street Reader, Titanium Backup, and Winamp. BusyBox, Titanium Backup and the Shoutcast feature of WinAmp still require some "adjustments" to work properly.

WiFi works well at public access points such as McDonalds. And yes AngryBirds is addictive. Re-installation of the screen protector was a 'bummer'. You either get it 'right' the first time or you'll never recover completely.

I transferred some MP3 file and background pictures to the tablet via the TF card. Still have not figured out how to move files directly from the recognized USB stick to the device. Some blogs make reference to using the 'terminal' which I cannot seem to locate. Probably the old 'forest and tree' conundrum.

I purchased a HDMI mini to standard plug and hooked the tablet up to my TV and it worked great as an external 'monitor. My "Bride" is not at all happy about that feature! The Radiotime application works fine.

marvinudy

May 06, 2011-update

So far my only negative issue is with the charger connector not fitting solidly into the 816-m tablet. The charge light will turn 'green' and with a little wiggle of the insert will go back to 'red' and continue charging.

I've installed and un-installed quite a few applications. My usb flash drives are recognized by the tablet and make for easy transfer of music and picture files. I'm still struggling with direct connection to my desktop pc. The tablet is recognized as a 'device' if connected during the desktop boot-up but not accessible in LInux or Win-xp. This make file transfer to the new micro sd card awkward. I adopted a workaround by using my Dropbox account to move 'stuff' between my desktop and the tablet. Probably some technical issue that I do not recognize or out of my area of understanding. Completed a full backup using zroot 'temporary' setting and Titanium backup.

marvinudy

Edited by marvinudy, 06 May 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#6 xiaohe

xiaohe

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:54 AM

It's expensive!!

#7 teddybear

teddybear

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

It's expensive!!

how is it expensive? The ipad is expensive! The xoom is expensive! The galaxy is expensive! and anything that is coming out in the next year is going to be around $500+. and most can't even support flash out of the box yet. Think you need to do more research!

#8 rivenas

rivenas

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

LeafTAB-81M

Even with a delay Not on Mapleleaf's part it
only to 11 days from placing the order to receiving.

Jim has provided the best post-sale support i have yet to get from a seller.

The device over exceeds my expectations. I only revived today but am greatly impressed. I will update with any issues.

I will definitely purchase from him again.

#9 hanaa

hanaa

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

good topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users