Photo

New Black PD Media Tablet (Model #PRD07T20WBL7)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

I just got the same model from QVC and I'm having the same problem. At Android Market when I try to download, the site says I have no Android phone associated with my account. How do I associate my Pandigital Model: PRD07T20WBL7 with my account? Thanks for any help.

John

Your Black QVC Model: PRD07T20WBL7 is basically the same as a WPDN "in a little balck dress" (only with a larger internal microSD card). If you want the Official Android Market installed on your PRD07T20WBL7, you could try kewlguy's SD card enhancements without altering your original FW.

You will need to make sure you have no FW files on your internal microSD card and be able to install the enhancements from your external SD card. Wiki Instructions Here.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#42 migoblu

migoblu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Your Black QVC Model: PRD07T20WBL7 is basically the same as a WPDN "in a little balck dress" (only with a larger internal microSD card). If you want the Official Android Market installed on your PRD07T20WBL7, you could try kewlguy's SD card enhancements without altering your original FW.

You will need to make sure you have no FW files on your internal microSD card and be able to install the enhancements from your external SD card. Wiki Instructions Here.

mrsburnout thanks, I've got the Android Market icon on my Pandigital now, but when I try to activate it, I get a server error, help please.

#43 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

mrsburnout thanks, I've got the Android Market icon on my Pandigital now, but when I try to activate it, I get a server error, help please.

@migoblu,

Exactly which enhancement(s) did you install?

On my WPDN, I set the clock back a few hours and re-boot. When I go back into Market and get a free app, then I can log out and reset the time on my WPDN and all is good.

Or try one (or more) of these:

Go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Market

1. Clear cache
2. Delete the updated Market application
3. Create a second google account and delete it after you get your Market working

Then go back into Market and get a free app right away. This needs to be done before the Market can update itself.

As always... YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary

"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#44 migoblu

migoblu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

@migoblu,

On my WPDN, I set the clock back a few hours and re-boot. When I go back into Market and get a free app, then I can log out and reset the time on my WPDN and all is good.

1. Clear cache
3. Create a second google account and delete it after you get your Market working

Then go back into Market and get a free app right away. This needs to be done before the Market can update itself.

Thanks for all your help. I'm new to Android and this Pandigital is driving me crazy. I was able to download Dolphin Browser using SlideMe, but nothing with Android Market. Android Market says it sees my device, though it calls it a phone, but when I try to download toy device it gives me a sever error. I'm also having problems with the Pandigital seeing or recognizing my SD card. Yesterday OfficeSuite was able to see my SD card and I was able to read a Microsoft Word Doc, but today when I activate OfficeSuite, all it get is a page to update to OfficeSuite Pro. I don't really want to pay for an update, because at this point I'm thinking of returning the pandigital to QVC. Does Pandigital have a firmware update for my model: PRD07T20WBL7, I see a firmware update for Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReaders, but it says that firmware update is only for the Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReaders. Would doing a firmware update help?

Thanks again for all you help.

#45 migoblu

migoblu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

@migoblu,

1. Clear cache

Oh, I forgot to tell you I installed the Google Experience for the link you provided. Is there something else I need to install?

#46 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Thanks for all your help. I'm new to Android and this Pandigital is driving me crazy. I was able to download Dolphin Browser using SlideMe, but nothing with Android Market. Android Market says it sees my device, though it calls it a phone, but when I try to download toy device it gives me a sever error. I'm also having problems with the Pandigital seeing or recognizing my SD card. Yesterday OfficeSuite was able to see my SD card and I was able to read a Microsoft Word Doc, but today when I activate OfficeSuite, all it get is a page to update to OfficeSuite Pro. I don't really want to pay for an update, because at this point I'm thinking of returning the pandigital to QVC. Does Pandigital have a firmware update for my model: PRD07T20WBL7, I see a firmware update for Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReaders, but it says that firmware update is only for the Pandigital Novel 7" Color Multimedia eReaders. Would doing a firmware update help?

Thanks again for all you help.

You should just be able to dismiss the OfficeSuite Pro nag and use the program for viewing your docs. (Note: Editing and emailing docs requires the Pro version.)

If it were me, I would just add this yet.

•Update build.prop to SDK7 - Since Eclair (PDN's Android-base version) is SDK5, there are many applications that wont install correctly (new Aldiko, Adobe PDF, etc). This update changes the build.prop to reflect SDK7 and allow more applications to install correctly.

If you are interested in different FW, for your PRD07T20WBL7, Please refer to post #275 In KG's SD Enhancement's thread for a brief synopsis and links to other FWs.

What works on the WPDN should work on your Model PRD07T20WBL7, so here are the standard links I give to all the newbies with the WPDN.

Basic guides: White PDN Owners START HERE ...and... White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

And the best resource we have is the PDN WIKI HERE.

Please take your time to learn a bit and remember, YMMV.

Posted Image ~cheers

#47 migoblu

migoblu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

You should just be able to dismiss the OfficeSuite Pro nag and use the program for viewing your docs. (Note: Editing and emailing docs requires the Pro version.)

If you are interested in different FW, for your PRD07T20WBL7, Please refer to post #275 In KG's SD Enhancement's thread for a brief synopsis and links to other FWs.

What works on the WPDN should work on your Model PRD07T20WBL7, so here are the standard links I give to all the newbies with the WPDN.

Basic guides: White PDN Owners START HERE ...and... White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

And the best resource we have is the PDN WIKI HERE.

Please take your time to learn a bit and remember, YMMV.

I just did this and it now reads my SD card and allowed me to install two apps, but not from Android market. So, it's looking better:

•Update build.prop to SDK7 - Since Eclair (PDN's Android-base version) is SDK5, there are many applications that wont install correctly (new Aldiko, Adobe PDF, etc). This update changes the build.prop to reflect SDK7 and allow more applications to install correctly.

Thanks again, I'll keep plugging along.

#48 John B

John B

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

I just got 2 of these from Wal-Mart's website ($88.88 each). I am hoping I can get a custom ROM loaded up on these like I did on my Viewsonic Gtab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 rocketero

rocketero

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

the application I have in my PDN (4gb) it's called: SLIDE_ME, does this equal to the android market ?

#50 TheNewFirmware

TheNewFirmware

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

the application I have in my PDN (4gb) it's called: SLIDE_ME, does this equal to the android market ?

No it isn't. Slide ME has very less apps than Android Market. There are many videos on youtube and blogs on here to help you install on the R70E200 (your tablet).
Android Devices:
Nook Tablet (Android 4, CM9)
Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.3)
Skytex Skypad 2 (Android 4.0)
Novo7 Elf (Android 4.0.3)

#51 TheNewFirmware

TheNewFirmware

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

For many of the people who own a Multimedia 7 inch BPDN Tablet (Model: PRD07T20WBL7), here is the features of it (the ones I know)

1. Android 2.0-2.1
2. 7 inch
3. Black
4. 2GB (able to add memory using SD)
5. 802.11 b/g/n wifi
6. 800 mhz (old model) 1 ghz (current)
7. The ability to install the roms for the white Pandigital
8. 256MB Ram (Better than 128MB)
Android Devices:

#52 iam_bnicole

iam_bnicole

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

hi mrsburnout i have the exact same problem with my pandigital and the model number and firmware version is the same may you please help me also as soon as you can?

#53 JT Toast

JT Toast

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

I just bought two of these for my kids. (one is still sealed box) I've ran a few of Kewlguy's SD files and a youtube app that he mentioned, and they worked great.

#54 rbomar

rbomar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

I just bought two of these for my kids. (one is still sealed box) I've ran a few of Kewlguy's SD files and a youtube app that he mentioned, and they worked great.

Which Kewlguys SD apps did you run and what youtube app?
Thank you!

#55 Swingstage

Swingstage

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

have both the WPDN and the 7' media tablet they are the same .I rooted my 7"media tablet with the 03/02/2011 Pandigital FW to get B&N app the rooted with kewlguys FW to get the workaround for 2.1 Android and Aldiko 2.0 and Kindle all seem to work and the Black 7" media tab looks better. (classier) Spent $80 on Wal-mart. Was a good buy.

#56 TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

I got the same tablet for my kids. It's suppose to be 2.0 but it's slow and I can't do anything with it. I've been reading here trying to figure out what to do to speed it up or get some games installed for them to play. I haven't seen the right thread yet, so I'm trying to get one started soon as I get approval.

Is it even possible to update this thing or do anything with it at all or is there another tablet more suited that I should have bought?

#57 TheNewFirmware

TheNewFirmware

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

BTW, I think this tablet is some kind of hybrid between Planet/Novel. It is multimedia, like the Pandigital Planet, but yet it retains it's Novel name.
Android Devices:

#58 JDamien

JDamien

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I'm a little behind the times here apparently, I apologize beforehand if Im in the wrong place.

I just purchased a Pandigital PRD07T20WBL7

Model : PD_Novel

Firmware Version : SQ20_20110105_B_PD_INX7E_6410POP

Kernel Version 2.6.29 victor@victor-android

Build Number PD_Novel 2011.0127

I'm trying to get this thing to work with ebooks and other apps but to be honest this is the first tablet I've ever had and I am clueless here so anyone who can help (Preferably with small words and step by step instructions) is extremely welcome. I've read a bit in here about needing to update the firmware but I am not sure if I need to do so or not and where I can get the updates. When I connect it to pandigital through their updater it tells me theres no available updates.

I'm just a bit confused here and a little frustrated, I was hoping to be able to easily read ebooks and such on this but so far nothing has been easy with this particular model.

#59 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm a little behind the times here apparently, I apologize beforehand if Im in the wrong place.

I just purchased a Pandigital PRD07T20WBL7

Model : PD_Novel

Firmware Version : SQ20_20110105_B_PD_INX7E_6410POP

Kernel Version 2.6.29 victor@victor-android

Build Number PD_Novel 2011.0127

I'm trying to get this thing to work with ebooks and other apps but to be honest this is the first tablet I've ever had and I am clueless here so anyone who can help (Preferably with small words and step by step instructions) is extremely welcome. I've read a bit in here about needing to update the firmware but I am not sure if I need to do so or not and where I can get the updates. When I connect it to pandigital through their updater it tells me theres no available updates.

I'm just a bit confused here and a little frustrated, I was hoping to be able to easily read ebooks and such on this but so far nothing has been easy with this particular model.

You should be able to follow the WPDN boards for your particular model.

Info in the wiki: QVC 2gb Model PRD07T20WBL7

In Late Winter of 2010 QVC again distributed a unique PDN, now re-branded as a "media tablet" without a dedicated book reader. This new black unit is essentially identical to the original White PDN with the addition of an upgradable 2gb internal micro SD memory card. ... <snip>

... This is a White unit wearing a little black dress and unlike it's other 7 inch black cousins runs Android 2.0 (Eclair) and all the major altered roms and modified firmware developed for the White PDN. Confirmed in This Post by doone. So, you may follow the WPDN boards for alternate FW compatible with your QVC Model #PRD07T20WBL7 BPDN. Please be sure to identify your model number if you request help on the WPDN boards, since this is not your ordinary BPDN...

Posted Image ~cheers

#60 JDamien

JDamien

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I've been trying to get more info on one as well, its rather difficult to figure out how to do or change anything on the unit even adding wallpapers has been giving me trouble lol.