Photo

Superpad Stuck at Green Wowpad (solved!)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sv_guy

sv_guy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

Hi,

I followed the instructions to create a FAT32 boot card using "flytouch2-ROM-recover-card" method.
Placed the update.zip file from deb-r2.1.1623_update_zip to the root and booted into recovery mod by pressing "-" and "home" buttons.

It seemed fine as the booting sequence showed "Booting from SD card" > "Burn into device" > "Remove SD card and reboot" (all within 2 sec).
Upon rebooting, it showed the glowing globe followed by the green wowpad page but goes no further.

I tried the process again without the SD card and the recovery menu appears but states "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command: No such file or directory"

I am unable to wipe cache/recover/update from SD. Having tried many combination, it still won't boot into OS.

It shows a Triangle with exclamation make and a "X" button.

Is it bricked? Any kind souls can advice? Please help?
Thank you.

Update 12 Mar
Solved the problem. What I did was
1. Remove SD card.
2. Boot the pad by pressing Reset, Home & Power buttons simultaneously. It will go to recovery mode.
It will still show "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command: No such file or directory". No worries here.
3. Slot in the SD card.
4. Select "Update from SD"
5. Press "Menu" button to accept
It will show "updating...." Self-reboot and goes into OS. You will know that it was successful when the calibration buttons is shown.

Edited by sv_guy, 12 March 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#2 Osprey

Osprey

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

It sounds like the following post has the answer for you: http://www.slatedroi...-what-can-i-do/

It looks like other people, though, are saying that holding down Vol- and Home (not On/Off and Home) gives you the same menu. Maybe both work. In any case, if one doesn't work, try the other. BTW, that, in both cases, you need to hold down On/Off for 7 seconds to completely power the device off, then again with whichever other combination of other buttons for at least the same amount of time.

#3 sv_guy

sv_guy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

It sounds like the following post has the answer for you: http://www.slatedroi...-what-can-i-do/

It looks like other people, though, are saying that holding down Vol- and Home (not On/Off and Home) gives you the same menu. Maybe both work. In any case, if one doesn't work, try the other. BTW, that, in both cases, you need to hold down On/Off for 7 seconds to completely power the device off, then again with whichever other combination of other buttons for at least the same amount of time.

Thanks Osprey :)

#4 rame

rame

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:50 AM

I have followed the same by copying android folder to the root of SD card and the recovery started, Extracting recovery data.... but how much time does it take to complete the process? now it is more than 6 hrs since it has started extracting.
Is the pad hanged?
Can i stop the process?
Please help.

#5 Ahmedramzi

Ahmedramzi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

Is there any one can help me
I have the same problem not only that also I prss the last option on the save mode ( wipe cache partition) so who to get it back as normal it is stack on green screen the kernel panic said.

Also who to get file for SD card for recovery.

Awaiting for your re-play,

Thanks,
Ramzi

#6 barcon

barcon

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hi,

I followed the instructions to create a FAT32 boot card using "flytouch2-ROM-recover-card" method.
Placed the update.zip file from deb-r2.1.1623_update_zip to the root and booted into recovery mod by pressing "-" and "home" buttons.

It seemed fine as the booting sequence showed "Booting from SD card" > "Burn into device" > "Remove SD card and reboot" (all within 2 sec).
Upon rebooting, it showed the glowing globe followed by the green wowpad page but goes no further.

I tried the process again without the SD card and the recovery menu appears but states "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command: No such file or directory"

I am unable to wipe cache/recover/update from SD. Having tried many combination, it still won't boot into OS.

It shows a Triangle with exclamation make and a "X" button.

Is it bricked? Any kind souls can advice? Please help?
Thank you.

Update 12 Mar
Solved the problem. What I did was
1. Remove SD card.
2. Boot the pad by pressing Reset, Home & Power buttons simultaneously. It will go to recovery mode.
It will still show "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command: No such file or directory". No worries here.
3. Slot in the SD card.
4. Select "Update from SD"
5. Press "Menu" button to accept
It will show "updating...." Self-reboot and goes into OS. You will know that it was successful when the calibration buttons is shown.

Have the same problem, when u say hold down reset, home & power buttons, what button do u call reset button (have tried return button, round button on RH side of screen)is this what u call reset button?, also approx how long do u hold down.