Android Tablets Forum banner

New 03/02/2011 WPDN Software up on PD Site

26K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  ramron 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Anyone care to comment on the changes (changelog) for this release?

I would do it myself, however while flashing I goofed (User Error I'm sure) I think I hit the reset button at the second the bootloader recovery started...all I can get it to do is charge itself. But thats a different story.

What is this upgrade? Doesn't appear to be froyo yet?

Should I take it back or replace the brick?

Thanks guys,

Respectfully,

Ferrettas

#6 ·
Neither of the links seems to work now. I also tried going direct to the site and running their updater. Yesterday I flashed OPDN v2.0.0 GAPPS and then the OPDN v2.0.2 Incremental, but when I go into About PD Novel within Settings, it says the Firmware version is S20_09_30_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP. The flash I did last night certainly appeared to work. Anyway, when I run the Pandigital Updater today, it fails in the second step where it tries to validate my WPDN. A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
The download links working fine for me here.
Your running the old OP "Kit"

If you want the new SH20 FW, Go to Mark's link for the direct file download or dealpapa's in the first post.

Download to your computer and put it on your external SD card and flash. Note that your internal microSD card will be split in half, and this FW must be flashed twice when coming from 2010 FWs

The PD upgrader should be able to identify your WPDN once you get the upgraded FW. (YMMV)

Useful links:
PDN WIKI HERE
White PDN Owners START HERE
White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

#17 ·
This one (03/02/11) seems to be the best of all the 2011 releases so far. I let it sleep on a full charge over night. I woke it this morning and found I only lost 1 bar of charge and wifi reconnected after about 15 seconds. Yay!

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Hmmm..
My replacement WPDN is apparently at the house waiting for me...
Wondering.. Do I update it from the Pandigital site all the way first, and then add the addons (Android Market, root with busybox, etc), or should I wait until the addons are tested with this release???
I know the addons aren't full firmware flashes, but they were built with the other OP in mind.... Hmmmm...

desiv

#28 ·
I wonder why Pandigital doesn't post change notes for their firmware upgrades? Maybe they do and I haven't been able to find them. Their site is pretty anemic.

Oh well, any manufacturer that posts the firmware to root their own device is ok in my book.

#33 ·
If you unlock the lock it will hold during the session.. but not to another session after a shut down.

Strange.. I can't get font size or night/day to persist past a re-start..?? That was the only reason I upgraded form 1/27.. and it didn't benefit me.. oh well..!

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just updated both of my PDN's to this new FW. The first was running the 2/15 modified with gapps and my second PDN was running the Cruze FW. Both upgraded as expected with their own updater. My 8GB internal is still recognized at half capacity (wish it was fully recognized, paragon partition manager will help with that). Wifi is fixed and I can finally connect when resume from sleep. The battery life is greatly improved. Both of my PDN were version 1 with the video pausing bug, now fixed completely, I can watch full videos with no lag or pausing. Angry Birds still has rendering issues (white blocks and slow/freezing performance).B&N fixed. Seems to have a lot of under the hood fixes. Animations are actually smooth and not choppy (pulling down notification bar, open app drawer, screen popups).

IMO, it is definitely worth the upgrade for those using Pandigital's open firmware.

#38 ·
Look at the first post in the stickied thread at the top of this subforum and you will find KG's FW with and without market.

Normally, I would say to flash from the SD card, but you may be able to flash the KG's FW from the internal micro SD if that is what you are asking.

Not sure if he provides instructions on that, but there may be something elsewhere where someone posted how to flash from the internal micro SD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.