This includes only the Market, Calendar, Talk, GenieWidget and "required gSync" files. Any apps that are in the Froyo Market are NOT included. Honestly, this is better as it makes a smaller appInstaller package and its more compatible.
You can download the following from the Market -- Gmail, VoiceSearch, YouTube and Maps(Navigation)
- v5-Stable -- (recommended!)
WARNING: If you've installed this or other gApps installers, you may have to RESET to successfully install gAppInstaller.
Note: You may get an error when you first open the Market, ignore the error. It may also take a few minutes before the Market updates from 2.09 to the current version.
- Download - http://code.google.c....downloads/list
- Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)
- Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it
- Choose install core apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard). There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)
- Sign into Market (Google Account Login)
- Follow the Market FIX instructions below
This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps" like NYTimes.
- Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
- Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
- REBOOT again
If you do this correctly you will find most missing apps like 'Copilot Live USA' in the Market. However, some apps require certain features (like a GPS or Cell chip) and will not show up in the Market. Basically, if you search for application "MyGPS" and "MyGPS" is coded to REQUIRE a GPS chip, then the Android market will NOT show this app in the Market for our Archos Device because is lacks a GPS chip.
MARKET LANGUAGE FIX (unverified):
Once you install the Market, it will probably be in English only. You may be able to fix this by putting your device into English via Settings menu, then put the device back into whatever other language you require.
Follow these instructions to reset your Archos Gen8: http://forum.archosf....=42437&start=0