No replies to this topic

#1 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:13 PM

I am not the author of this guide. All credit goes to nemith.

[RECOVERY] Official CWM 3.0.0.6 Update

Sorry! It seems that Koush did not include the proper changes. I am working on fixing it ASAP.

CWM has been updated official in RomManager. It is suggested that everyone use this version from now on. The official version number is 3.0.0.6

Make sure you upgrade to RomManager 3.0.1.0!

RomManager may or may not install the right kernel. Please use the manual directions until it is fixed.

Q: Why should I upgrade?

This official version of 3.0.0.6 has options to support both ext3 and ext4 ROMs which menas no more of this swapping back and forth between different versions of CWM.This also should fix issues with the 1.1.0 version of u-boot.bin. Some with this version may experience that your NookColor will always boot back into RomManager. This is now fixed

Q: But I already have CWM 3.0.0.6. I am good right?

No. There has been a lot of unofficial builds of RomManager 3.0.0.6 to help users out, but they miss the additions above.
When in doubt, flash from rom manager!

Q: I want to install it manually

Sure no problem: download the following files:

recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-encore.img md5: 17e1b1725325c305fda64cfb014a4d56
kernel md5: ce1db01eaebfe9615cf87f9a73d74eed

From either a rooted rom or clockwork recovery issue the following commands via adb (usb)

adb shell busybox mount / -o rw,remount 
adb shell busbbox mkdir /boot 
adb shell busybox mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /boot 
adb push recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.6-encore.img /boot/uRecRam adb push kernel /boot/uRecImg 
adb shell busybox umount /boot

Q: I used RomManager to install CWM but now i can't use backup or restore

It seems there may be an issue when installing CWM from RomManager with the kernel. Please use the instructions above to manually install the recovery kernel (required adb).I will work with koush to get this fixes asap

If you use RomManager go upgrade it in RomManager NOW!