Android Tablets Forum banner

Cannot finish download. There is not enough space.

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  grgreen 
#1 ·
I am getting this "Cannot finish download. There is not enough space." error when I try to download anything in my browser. The sd card has space 2GB left (16 total), and the internal storage has 961 MB free.I did some googling first, and came up with "reboot the phone", "clear your cache", and "repair your sd card".I tried all of the above, and nothing worked.I am running the 6.11 firmware.Anyone else having this issue?Thanks.Steve

#6 ·
[quote name='gevrik;13518]I have noticed that the aPad downloads things into its flash memory sometimes. I have not found out why it does that' date=' but since there is less than 1GB available on /flash that is the reason why you can't download bigger files.[/QUOTE'] I am trying to download a jpg, not a large file.

#8 ·
After flashing with one of the recent firmwares (Kang or Hybrid), I was getting the same error message when I tried to download anything from the web (even though apps installed fine). I had to plug the device into my computer and format it as FAT32......looks like the newer firmwares restructure the partitions which requires you plug in the device and format the memory before it becomes usable.

#9 ·
[quote name='joshua.lyon;13571]After flashing with one of the recent firmwares (Kang or Hybrid)' date=' I was getting the same error message when I tried to download anything from the web (even though apps installed fine). I had to plug the device into my computer and format it as FAT32......looks like the newer firmwares restructure the partitions which requires you plug in the device and format the memory before it becomes usable.[/QUOTE'] Thanks. It turns out my issue is one of permissions. I installed "chmod" and if I run it before I launch "browser", I can download files to the memory card.This is a work around. I am wondering if I can set the permissions some other way. I've tried logging in with terminal software, but the chmod doesn't seem to work the same as it does on any linux or unix system that I've used. I get errors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.