Photo

Cannot finish download. There is not enough space.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chester77

Chester77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

I am getting this "Cannot finish download. There is not enough space." error when I try to download anything in my browser. The sd card has space 2GB left (16 total), and the internal storage has 961 MB free.I did some googling first, and came up with "reboot the phone", "clear your cache", and "repair your sd card".I tried all of the above, and nothing worked.I am running the 6.11 firmware.Anyone else having this issue?Thanks.Steve

#2 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:44 AM

The problem might be in /cacheClear the junk in there

#3 Chester77

Chester77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

That was the first thing I did. It's empty. Thanks.Dolphin can download no issue. Opera too. Skyfire has the same issue as Browser.Steve

#4 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

Then it's probably /data

#5 gevrik

gevrik

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

I have noticed that the aPad downloads things into its flash memory sometimes. I have not found out why it does that, but since there is less than 1GB available on /flash that is the reason why you can't download bigger files.

#6 Chester77

Chester77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

[quote name='gevrik;13518]I have noticed that the aPad downloads things into its flash memory sometimes. I have not found out why it does that' date=' but since there is less than 1GB available on /flash that is the reason why you can't download bigger files.[/QUOTE'] I am trying to download a jpg, not a large file.

#7 Chester77

Chester77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

I did a fresh flash of 0611 and it is still failing. 917mb free is the default for the internal flash.I also tried 0530 and had the same result. The sdcard shows no errors when checked in windows.Steve

#8 joshua.lyon

joshua.lyon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

After flashing with one of the recent firmwares (Kang or Hybrid), I was getting the same error message when I tried to download anything from the web (even though apps installed fine). I had to plug the device into my computer and format it as FAT32......looks like the newer firmwares restructure the partitions which requires you plug in the device and format the memory before it becomes usable.

#9 Chester77

Chester77

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

[quote name='joshua.lyon;13571]After flashing with one of the recent firmwares (Kang or Hybrid)' date=' I was getting the same error message when I tried to download anything from the web (even though apps installed fine). I had to plug the device into my computer and format it as FAT32......looks like the newer firmwares restructure the partitions which requires you plug in the device and format the memory before it becomes usable.[/QUOTE'] Thanks. It turns out my issue is one of permissions. I installed "chmod" and if I run it before I launch "browser", I can download files to the memory card.This is a work around. I am wondering if I can set the permissions some other way. I've tried logging in with terminal software, but the chmod doesn't seem to work the same as it does on any linux or unix system that I've used. I get errors.

#10 grgreen

grgreen

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:52 PM

I had this problem. Checking the box that says "Clear Cache" when exiting Dolphin browser did the trick.