• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 litenin

litenin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlmost Heaven

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:53 AM

OK its past 3am and I waited too long to post this I shoulda did it earlier but wanted to read some post first. This is actually more than one question but please forgive me !!!

Disconnect the battery !!!!!!????? WTH I'm not a brain surgeon, it seemed like the plug and wires were really delicate so would love any tips on Disconnecting

Factory Restore... I have read Velocity's FYI & Knowledge Base and understand it in theory but after trying holding the power and volume up button I never get past The ERROR Triangle, HELP any easier ways like typing "restore" into the emulator ?? anything ?????? LOL I had my wife and a friend try but they got same results.

I'd be glad to furnish more specifics any and all help is appreciated !!!
:-0)

#2 eroeurbano

eroeurbano

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:48 AM

Hi, what worked for me it was to type the command:

wipe all

from the adb shell .
Hope this can help (I have a different tablet/phone though).
Cheers, -Luca

#3 smnc

smnc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:14 AM

Okay, so the best way to go back to "Factory" is to re-flash your Cruz Reader.
You're going to need an SD Card for this and some type of SD card reader for your PC.

First download the latest OFFICIAL Cruz Reader ROM from here

Then format the SD card and copy the downloaded file to it, in it's root folder.
Make sure the file on the SD card is named this EXACTLY: PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.ZIP

Put the SD card in the Cruz Reader

Turn it off.

Hold down the Vol+ button and the Power button until Andy the Android appears and your ROM should load.

As for the battery, I've used my fingernails mostly. Works well for me.
Also a really small (jewlers) slot screwdriver or mini needle-nosed pliers.

#4 Prox

Prox

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, my VMCR can be finicky when trying to flash from one or the other SD slot. Any time you attempt to flash, remember to SLOW format the SD card before you put the rom on it. Always make sure it's the zipped file and place it on the root of the SD card (not in a folder). First try the internal SD, then the external SD slot.

Repeat as necessary.

If this doesn't work, try the Vanilla Rom linked here: Slatedroid-Forums: Vanilla Rom

You can also take a look at the problems I had, and the different things I tried here: Slatedroid-Forums: VMCR Stuck on Boot Screen.

Best of luck!

Edited by Prox, 22 February 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#5 litenin

litenin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlmost Heaven

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

OK guys will try things you said, anyone else have and other ideas I'm all ears will check back again

#6 litenin

litenin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlmost Heaven

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

OK guys will try things you said, anyone else have and other ideas I'm all ears will check back again

#7 litenin

litenin

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAlmost Heaven

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

So been busy but finally got around to restoring the dang thing I think The Full Format was the trick its back to Factory State but now when I try to add an app it says I "need to insert an SD Card" well Hell I never too it out Internal or External, Whats with that I need to play some Sudoko !!! :yahoo:

thanks again