• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 harrisb

harrisb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Forget the above. I was looking for the Music Directory folder in the 816 Settings. I found it in the PowerAmp Settings. So that you. All is well now.

bh

I'll try again without typos. Thank you. All is well now.

bh

#22 arvind_gupta

arvind_gupta

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Forget the above. I was looking for the Music Directory folder in the 816 Settings. I found it in the PowerAmp Settings. So that you. All is well now.

bh

Of course, I was talking about the Settings menu of PowerAMP. :)
Blog: Arvind Gupta
Dropbox Referral: Get 2GB free + 250 MB extra

#23 veradin

veradin

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

I got audiomanager pro and maxed all the volume controls and was surprised by how well that single 1-watt speaker does at chirping out tunes, though audio for movies is often very soft and hard to hear! But if there was ONE casemod I could get behind it would be to modify the Mid to handle two 1-watt speakers. Does anyone have the specs on the Realtek chip they use? Any confirmation whether or not it's actually stereo capable? I've taken mine apart and done some examination (initially to clean the inside window as it had 'brown' dust stuck to the lcd panel X() and the speaker uses a pretty standard power/input connector. All things being equal, if the Realtek chip itself could handle stereo it might be able to power two speakers from there with an additional load on the battery, though another watt wouldn't make a major difference. I suppose another alternative would be to try a higher-watt speaker so we could get better volume and clarity from it, and I'm pretty much open to either approach as there are some apps that give me grief trying to hear (movies mainly, though some games as well). I'm hoping merimobiles or some other site offers a casemod to at least update the speaker -- I'd pay 20 bucks or something reasonable for a louder, more robust audio output.

Edited by veradin, 03 April 2011 - 05:09 PM.

#24 adrenalynn

adrenalynn

Warranty Voider

• PipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

The chipset does stereo, hence the reason we have stereo from the headphone jack.

Someone adventurous could solder another speaker to one side of the headphone jack's pads and get stereo.

I'm not sure why you would. There'd be no stereo separation with speakers so close and down-pointing. And you'd be dividing the amp's total output across two speakers instead of one, so there'd be no increase in volume.

Putting a little lower impedance speaker in would increase the volume at the risk of over-warming the amp.

Edited by adrenalynn, 03 April 2011 - 05:42 PM.