VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1
RC1? What happened to BETA? I skipped it... this was a MAJOR overhaul of code and features (this is one reason it has been a month since the experimentals stopped) and has really reached the stable build point. So what's missing? Nothing except High Definition Video Hardware Decoding... not sure if we will ever get that one working right on Gingerbread. Here are some of the feature additions and changes that have been done since the last Experimental:
* Switched over to newer Camera Rotation Fix
* Added Tablet Friendly Launcher VTL.Launcher to the launcher options
* Screenshots/DDMS fixed via several commits to Nvidia GIT etc.
* Added in the External Storage Format and Unmount
* Pulled in the Tablet Tweaks
* Modified Tablet Tweaks to not Break our Device or Google API's
* Fixed up the Fullscreen handling issue
* Edited Statusbar buttons to fit with VEGAn-TAB Styling
* Newer Boot Animation - lowered quality to improve boot performance and speed
* Fixed layout of Launcher and added settings to settings page if default
* Added basic Google Apps to avoid confusion
* Added Tablet version of Quick Office
* Added Basic Tablet Keyboard Layout for English version of Gingerbread Keyboard
* Changed Default Browser User Agent to Desktop
* Added code to remove Phone Settings without losing market functionality
* Lot's of code cleanups and minor bug fixes
The Google apps has already been applied. Market WILL NOT SHOW in app drawer until you CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK. ONLY THE APPS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM THE MARKET ARE INSTALLED. Stuff like GMAIL, MAPS, etc. need installed through market. This way you will easily stay up to date on those apps. MY APPS in the market WORKS if it doesn't for you then you have restored something you shouldn't data or app wise or not followed the directions correctly.
Also installed is the QuickOfficeHD (pulled from adam).
SINCE THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE VERSION - NO MATTER THE ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM YOU MUST WIPE DATA! - Use Titanium Backup or similar to save app data. HOWEVER do NOT restore any system app data.... ie. Wireless Settings, CMParts Setting, etc.
After the first boot, and all the setup screens, PROMPTLYreboot the tablet to finish installation.
Install this using CWM 0.8 only at the moment. Till we can figure out why some tablets have issues with newer CWM versions.
****The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps now works download from the market.****
Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2.
Quadrant = 2100
Nenamark = 41 fps
DOWNLOAD is now in the downloads section here: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/downloads
Direct Download: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/...ony-signed.zip
MD5: a90c97381d156ed5f43cdd2030472689 VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip
I am going to work on a more specialized installation instructions set soon I think. Installation is just like the experimentals through CWM wipe data/cache/dalvik... no exceptions. It could take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time as it is building the dalvik database and cache. Remember to reboot after first boot and setup screens to finish installation. ---- If you have issues booting the first time (ie. boot loops) and you have never run any other gingerbread build before then you probably need to NVFLASH to stock before you can run any GingerBread builds as there is a partition issue from factory on your device.... NVFLASH to stock will repartition everything for you.
Bug Reports can be done here in the forum for now... though I am working on http://vegantab.gojimi.com/bugtracker but we are having some issues with new user signups at the moment.
For support from the developer of this ROM, please use the link below to his original thread.
ORIGINAL THREAD: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1031250
This post has been edited by Sm0k3d0uT: 15 April 2011 - 11:03 AM