#21 smnc

smnc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hi all,

Is there a problem with setcpu being in conflict with a supposedly already installed VM CPU speed controller?

What is Dr. Eye?

Thank you!

No, SetCPU works fine. The u-boot.bin file I replaced enables SetCPU to override the default CPU settings.
Dr. Eye is a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary for Android.

#22 Martian

Martian

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:53 AM

No, SetCPU works fine. The u-boot.bin file I replaced enables SetCPU to override the default CPU settings.
Dr. Eye is a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary for Android.

Thank you SMNC

What video format and settings are you finding gives the best results?

Any chance of getting Skyfire and/or Dolphin browser added? Can I do it myself (assuming your Rom results in rooting) if I have the apk files?

Thanks again!

Edited by Martian, 02 March 2011 - 08:12 AM.

#23 smnc

smnc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thank you SMNC

What video format and settings are you finding gives the best results?

Any chance of getting Skyfire and/or Dolphin browser added? Can I do it myself (assuming your Rom results in rooting) if I have the apk files?

Thanks again!

I'm still having trouble finding consistent video settings that look decent and perform decently.
When I come up with a satisfactory solution I'll post it :(
Generally I use MP4/AAC for good quality/size ratio, but playback is inconsistent.

As for the browser, I plan to include an upgrade for LITE ROM 1.1

#24 Martian

Martian

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

I'm still having trouble finding consistent video settings that look decent and perform decently.
When I come up with a satisfactory solution I'll post it :(
Generally I use MP4/AAC for good quality/size ratio, but playback is inconsistent.

As for the browser, I plan to include an upgrade for LITE ROM 1.1

I read on another thread that someone is having success with video running @ 272P. What app in your lite ROM is running the videos? Is there an App killer you can recommend to run in order to give video playback a better environment?

Thank you

#25 Martian

Martian

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

I just tried to install the Lite ROM 2 hours after receiving my new R101 and it is locked up on the CRUZ screen. I installed the October 10 update from the VM website no problem but was looking for speeding up the CPU for better video playback performance.

Unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and then tried to re-install the vm update again...after slow formatting the 2GB SD card and It won't even reload.

I thought the Lite ROM was a pretty safe bet, but apparently not at this point. Bricked

Thank you.

Edited by Martian, 10 March 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#26 smnc

smnc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

I just tried to install the Lite ROM 2 hours after receiving my new R101 and it is locked up on the CRUZ screen. I installed the October 10 update from the VM website no problem but was looking for speeding up the CPU for better video playback performance.

Unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and then tried to re-install the vm update again...after slow formatting the 2GB SD card and It won't even reload.

I thought the Lite ROM was a pretty safe bet, but apparently not at this point. Bricked

Thank you.

That sucks Martian. Flashing is never 100% safe, especially on the Cruz.
However, if you are booting to the "Cruz" screen, you can probably push files in ADB and unbrick it.

#27 Mugs01

Mugs01

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

1 question is anyone close to 2.1 on these things??????

#28 SDRebel

SDRebel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

is kindle working constantly in this ROM (i.e. doesnt' have the issue with "invalid item, remove" (or whatever is the error)? I have JGM4.0 but the Kindle doesn't work most of the time, and I finally got it working on Friday and today it wouldn't work again, so had to reinstall app and deregister/register again, but I don't want to do that almost every day :(

#29 SDRebel

SDRebel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for your reply.
Since I'd rather have google apps than Borders, I will stick with what I now have. Everything else seems to work OK. I have Kindle, Nook, FBReader and others to get by without Borders.

do you have this ROM or a different one? i'm having issues with kindle using JGM's 4.0

#30 bobdude45

bobdude45

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

I just installed this on my Cruz Reader R101 but whenever I try to run Aldiko it force closes. I get the splash screen then the force close notification comes up.

#31 jimbobbubba

jimbobbubba

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:21 PM

I just installed this on my Cruz Reader R101 but whenever I try to run Aldiko it force closes. I get the splash screen then the force close notification comes up.

i love this rom...you need to uninstall Aldiko 2.0 then reinstall it and it should work fine. i wish op includes market if he updates rom.

#32 gflyer71

gflyer71

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

i use my cruz pretty much for the same purpose, so I will try your rom.
thank you!

#33 lpattersonmcp

lpattersonmcp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

I tried to Root my Cruz reader R103 from stock to Lite 1.0, the reader went to a blank white screen and stayed like that for more than 1 hr. I have removed the ext. sdcard, formatted it to Fat32, reloaded the lite 1.0 custom root, still unable to complete process, still has white scree,unable to do factory reset. Any suggestions....at this point I have to unplug the battery to turn off the reader....makes for a great "Flashlight".

#34 SDeGiulio

SDeGiulio

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

L Patterson MCP:

HI. I'm in the same soup, except my reader is a 102. I upgraded the internal micro card to 8 G and it worked fine, but I changed it out anyway to try to get the upgrade to work--no dice. I reloaded the stock ROM, same thing, just unconnecting the battery and letting it sit until I can think of something else to try. I hope someone will answer this. I searched for white screen, but it's only mentioned, not solved in what I've seen.

Best of luck, SD

I tried to Root my Cruz reader R103 from stock to Lite 1.0, the reader went to a blank white screen and stayed like that for more than 1 hr. I have removed the ext. sdcard, formatted it to Fat32, reloaded the lite 1.0 custom root, still unable to complete process, still has white scree,unable to do factory reset. Any suggestions....at this point I have to unplug the battery to turn off the reader....makes for a great "Flashlight".

#35 ice1532

ice1532

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hey guys,

new here and just figured i would post here since this is the ROM/FW I'm using right now. It works great for me and if you dont mind i may do some mods to it.

Ive got the Cruz Reader R101 with internl 32gb and external 32gb sd cards

So far i guess ill let you know what ive done with it:
removed just about everything (ya i know its strange)
Installed APPS:
  • Mobo Video
  • iReader
  • 1mobile market
  • appbrain Market
  • SetCPU
  • Ghost Commander (File Management)
  • Swapper 2 (Swap file for increased ram)
  • Terminal Emulator (so i could set-up app2sd.sh)

if anyone needs help setting it up like this or if you guys have any ideas to make other ROM/FW's better let me know, I'd like to get into Android OS development.
VM Cruz Reader R101
ROM/FW - Lite (based on Vanilla)
Internal: Total -32gb
Split with app2sd.sh
App - 7GB
Data - 25GB
External - 32GB