• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nerdgeek

nerdgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone tried resizing the boot animations to fill our screen size of 1024x600 ? Does it work?

Not sure if trying this will result in a brick so making sure first before I go ahead!!!

#2 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

Wow, I haven't fooled around with the boot animation since september, but yeah, editting the desc.txt file, first two numbers will stretch to whatever you define (I think I used 1030 618 so as not to get those perforated white lines around the pngs).  If you create your own, be careful, a large file will sometime make the tablet boot incorrectly (not bricked, just sometimes won't load things properly)......

Posted Image

To add your custom animation via adb:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local

To remove your custom animation via adb:
adb shell rm /data/local/bootanimation.zip

#3 nerdgeek

nerdgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

I thought you might know ;)

Just couldn't find it anywhere about resizing to fit an android tablet.

Thanks

#4 raits999

raits999

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

Wow, I haven't fooled around with the boot animation since september, but yeah, editting the desc.txt file, first two numbers will stretch to whatever you define (I think I used 1030 618 so as not to get those perforated white lines around the pngs).  If you create your own, be careful, a large file will sometime make the tablet boot incorrectly (not bricked, just sometimes won't load things properly)......

Posted Image

Can you upload your bootanimation, i would be very thankful.

#5 omarahum

omarahum

• Global Moderators
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

Can you upload your bootanimation, i would be very thankful.

Actually, I didn't make it, I altered someone elses (he made it for his phone, I think I found it on XDA somewhere).  But I couldn't get may altered version to work with the 10xx ROMs, it would never fully boot or if it did, nothing worked right, but removing it made the tablet work fine again.  I haven't tried it since the 10xx ROMs...... 

#6 nerdgeek

nerdgeek

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:28 AM

Didn't get a chance to try this, will have a go later when I get home from work... One question before I do though please;

If I change the boot animation to something and it has an adverse effect or I dont like it and remove it using the above adb line, will it put the old one back or remove it so its blank??

If it removes it and leaves it blank, is it possible to backup the original 'Android' boot animation.

#7 omarahum

omarahum

• Global Moderators
  • 6,525 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

Didn't get a chance to try this, will have a go later when I get home from work... One question before I do though please;

If I change the boot animation to something and it has an adverse effect or I dont like it and remove it using the above adb line, will it put the old one back or remove it so its blank??

If it removes it and leaves it blank, is it possible to backup the original 'Android' boot animation.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the original is stored somewhere else, and if there is not bootanimation.zip file in /data/local or one that doesn't work, it defaults to the original, no backup neccessary.  Just sometimes a misconfigred desc.txt setting can make the animation loop forever and not have the launcher load, then you use the adb command to remove it, then after a reboot your tabet should display the original boot animation and start up normally.....