#1 zires

zires

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBethel, CT

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hey,

I tried Cruz Sync aka Zumo Drive on my Cruz Tablet and it is great. Everyone who has a Cruz Tablet should get a Zumo Drive account.

Going forward, I am going to dump all of the compatible cruz tablet apps/games in a shared folder here http://www.zumodrive...are/arK7ZThlZG. This would be paired with my app compatibility thread.

I would appreciate it if you are going to sign up for a Zumo Drive account that you do it under the following link so that I may get more space on the Zumo Drive account that will have the apps/games on it. http://zumo.cc/dr/dir/18ROMjVlM2
  • bry23 likes this

#2 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

A praise worthy and noble effort indeed.

You may want consider building your own real repository. The free APTOIDE Server is a good place to start. It would be great to have a Cruz Tablet specific repository with descriptions, comments, ratings, etc. You would also benefit by having a good platform for a team approach to maintenance. Even if you just start building it for internal network access only it would be a good start for transitioning to public access.

There is also APKSHARE but I don't know much about it.

http://www.aptoide.com/server.html

#3 zires

zires

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBethel, CT

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hey,

Aptoide sounds good but I don't have a server to host on. I am actually more comfortable using the zumo drive as it comes preinstalled on our cruz's. It is also really easy to use.

#4 J225

J225

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

@zires-I personally appriecate what you are doing because it kinda takes the stress of trying find apps ,only to find that they don't work with the tablet, at least in this way, there is one good spot to find all the good ones out there, so for that I thank you. My question is, how many does your account hold, and how often do you plan on updating it?

#5 zires

zires

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationBethel, CT

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hey,

It has space for 2gb but can be expanded by up to 5gb if users sign up for zumo using the link above. My goal is to have it correspond with my app compatibility thread. The ones that have dates by them are on the zumo drive.

#6 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

If you a still building a APK download area for the Cruz Tablet this site will help you create your own market free:

Http://bazaar.aptoide.org

For example - I just recently uploaded a VNC client as a test:

My Repository

Edited by GJSmith3rd, 01 March 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#7 bry23

bry23

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Are there instructions as to how you download the "stuff" to your tablets?

#8 GJSmith3rd

GJSmith3rd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Are there instructions as to how you download the "stuff" to your tablets?

The Bazaar market is handy for sharing unprotected apps as well as for building a personal app repository.