• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nycrare

nycrare

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

After I updated to 1/27 FW with Jackbox's enhancement, I keep getting this error message every now and then. I can choose "force close" or "wait".  No matter which option I choose, it will ask me to pick from "Home", "Launcher pro" or "softkeys" to complete the action. Never seen this before with the older FW.  Also, noticed Mvideo player doesn't play my movies stored on my external SD anymore while the stock video player works fine. Seems like it's running slower. Not sure what caused it. Any ideas or suggestions?

#2 sorheim

sorheim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

I have found that most any firmware I install will give me the same error if I have more than 1 launcher type program installed.  If I set one to default,  the error goes away.

Sent from my PD_Novel using Tapatalk

#3 nycrare

nycrare

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

I picked launcher pro as default. So far it's fine. But softkeys' floating back button still not working. 

#4 mac1_131

mac1_131

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

I think it means your home (launcher) app is the one that is getting the force close, as that message is normal anytime the home screen starts up if you have not previously picked a default action

so yes you could just save one (the one you want to use) as the default from that point on, but that does not solve the problem of what is causing the force close, you will still get the force close, and the home launcher will restart

a minor glitch.  so what could be causing it?  do you have any widgets on it?

#5 nycrare

nycrare

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:38 PM

I think it means your home (launcher) app is the one that is getting the force close, as that message is normal anytime the home screen starts up if you have not previously picked a default action

so yes you could just save one (the one you want to use) as the default from that point on, but that does not solve the problem of what is causing the force close, you will still get the force close, and the home launcher will restart

a minor glitch.  so what could be causing it?  do you have any widgets on it?

I don't have any widget on it unless you consider softkeys a widget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users