Hype-Pad Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewJ

MatthewJ

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

Can someone help me with these questions about the Hype-Pad.

Will the GPS work without the antenna connected ?

Does it support the official google market?

Will the unit charge while it is turned on ?

Anyone got it to work with PDAnet on the iPhone ?

Thanks.

#2 Rileysowner

Rileysowner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Can someone help me with these questions about the Hype-Pad.

Sure with some of them

Will the GPS work without the antenna connected ?

Mine never has, so I would guess no.

Does it support the official google market?

Yup. As far as I can tell it works just fine.

Will the unit charge while it is turned on ?

Yes, better than it will turned off in some ways. When I charge with it off it rarely reports battery charge above 87-92%

Anyone got it to work with PDAnet on the iPhone ?

I don't even know that PDAnet is, and I don't have an iPhone with little intention of getting one. So I have no idea if it can work or no.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

#3 MatthewJ

MatthewJ

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

Where do I place an order ?

#4 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

Goto buyadroid.blogspot.com  that is the web store site.

The chinese new year is just finishing up, so suppliers should start taking orders again any time now.

Before you order, pop an email to the store owner to verify everything is actually ready to go in regards to placing orders.
Also, make sure and read through the differnt sections there so you are fully informed about android tablets and tablet purchases.

Good luck with your purchase.  I have enjoyed mine.

#5 Danlevan

Danlevan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Apologies for necroing an old thread, but its only really in here that I want to ask as question, and this is the closest topic I could find.

I recently managed to kill my Superpad's touch screen (a couple of beers and opening it up to try to fix a rattle are not a good combination, especially not when coupled with cheap solder) by the ribbon cable connector breaking off, and only made it worse trying to fix it, so I've decided to bite the bullet and replace it.

I bought mine off a random Amazon seller (before research brought me to your site, unfortunately) and understand that these pads come from a variety of manufacturers of varying quality. Just from the photos I can see that the Hypepads you sell look better made.

Anyway, thats not the question, what I was wondering is, coming from a 256MB device with the 2 SD card slots, would the Hypepad 2 be a better bet than the Hypepad? I never really needed the second SD card, so I doubt I would miss it, but the page for it doesn't really say much. How do they compare performance wise? I mostly use it for comic reading with perfect viewer, but I couldn't get any games to run before, and figure if I'm getting a new one, would be nice to be able to do that.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Cheers,
Dan

#6 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

No worries

The additional memory (512 in total) does make it much faster. This is especially true because of the higher memory requirements of the newer Android versions.

However it is not possible to comment on games in general. As the games have very specific requirements..I find the old/less graphics intense games work on the superpad.

Edited by BUYaDROID, 22 October 2011 - 10:14 AM.

BUYaDROID™ is a Slatedroid SBS approved seller

Our website is located at www.BUYaDROID.blogspot.com

Look for us in Small Business Sellers Section of Slatedroid

#7 Danlevan

Danlevan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

Cool, thanks. Thats pretty much what I was wanting to know.