Photo

kewlguy's Fixflash and microSD card Partition Removal (White PDN)

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 rob123

rob123

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

No,I have not changed the internal card....
Do I have to do factory reset before trying to run only market file again?

#102 Pioneer4x4

Pioneer4x4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

No,I have not changed the internal card....
Do I have to do factory reset before trying to run only market file again?

I don't think so.
(I just chimed in because of what you mentiioned about the error on factory apps is the same thing I found when trying to use a 32GB internal. The partition that the apps are trying to be written to is corrupt, so the additional apps are not there for the shortcuts on the desktop to work.)

If kewlguy could get it so you could use a 32GB with 30GB as Primary partition 0 FAT32 for data, and Primary partition 1 as a 2GB FAT16 for the apps to install to, that would be PERFECT!

#103 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I don't think so.
(I just chimed in because of what you mentiioned about the error on factory apps is the same thing I found when trying to use a 32GB internal. The partition that the apps are trying to be written to is corrupt, so the additional apps are not there for the shortcuts on the desktop to work.)

If kewlguy could get it so you could use a 32GB with 30GB as Primary partition 0 FAT32 for data, and Primary partition 1 as a 2GB FAT16 for the apps to install to, that would be PERFECT!

I don't think he ever got unequal partitions to work, nor has he been around here much for several months.

#104 rob123

rob123

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

I have flashed market file and nothing has changed..so i did factory reset....and then I made a big mistake....When I connect PDN to computer it shows drive F for external sd card and drive L for PDN..I accidentaly deleted everything(3 folders) from PDN..then I could not even open a home screen in my PDN..luckily the flash duplicated files to my external sd card so I send them (more then 3 files,music,photos...) to PDN internal card.
So now I have all old icons on the screen colored (before they were just android guy icons) but when I click them they say that applications are not installed.
I have even market icon (android guy picture)..I have tried to sign in but I am getting a server error.
Available space for internal storage is 653 MB.
Should I start all over with partition file?

#105 Pioneer4x4

Pioneer4x4

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't think he ever got unequal partitions to work, nor has he been around here much for several months.

maybe someone could look at what he changed to make the 1 partition work, and go from there. Even if it is a fixed size, not a auto detect. I do not know ANYTHING about linux, but I'll look.

#106 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

maybe someone could look at what he changed to make the 1 partition work, and go from there. Even if it is a fixed size, not a auto detect. I do not know ANYTHING about linux, but I'll look.

He never made one partition work with SH20 FW to my knowledge. Have you tried your 32 gb card with S10 FW, it seems the problem is with it creating a 16 bg FAT16 partitition for the secondary partition which of course doesn't work according to your reports? Since S10 likely just has one FAT32 partition, I suspect it should work. Why does it create a FAT16 partition, is that all Linux can read? If you revert to S10 FW to try, make sure to follow the proper procedure to avoid a flash loop.

If this is occuring in the booting, then that script is what would have to be changed to make larger internal cards work with SH20 FW because it will overwrite whatever is created. Of course, I'm not sure if the FW can install and read apps from something that is in FAT32 even if the boot script was changed?

Edited by panengineer, 25 February 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#107 rob123

rob123

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hey guys,
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

#108 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hey guys,
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

My recommendation is to go to Kewlguys thread at the top of the FW development forum and follow the instructions in the first post to install the SH20 firmware with GAPPS or market only.

#109 rob123

rob123

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Thanks,
Step 2 says :Copy the zip to the root of your SD card.That means my internal or external sd carD?

#110 rob123

rob123

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

I moved my clock 24 hours back and market is working now !

#111 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I moved my clock 24 hours back and market is working now !

Either card works, but it is somewhat safer from the external should something happen during the flash.

Great, sounds like you got market working!

#112 TrickMeNot

TrickMeNot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have a BLACK PDN but was sent to the WPDN forums and was wondering if this topic applies to my device.
Model #: PRD07T20WBL7
Firmware: SQ20_20110105_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
Kernel: 2.6.29
victor@victor-android Thu Dec 16 18:07:37 CST 2010
Build: PD_NOVEL 2011.01.05
- This seems like it would apply to my device as it looks very similiar to "SH20_20110127_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP (2011 series) Vanilla Android homescreen"
and has quite a few similiar characters in model number. Hopefully i did not stretch the advice given too far into what i do not need (and waste your time.)
SO... am i being too cautious or just wary enough?

#113 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I have a BLACK PDN but was sent to the WPDN forums and was wondering if this topic applies to my device.
Model #: PRD07T20WBL7
Firmware: SQ20_20110105_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
Kernel: 2.6.29
victor@victor-android Thu Dec 16 18:07:37 CST 2010
Build: PD_NOVEL 2011.01.05
- This seems like it would apply to my device as it looks very similiar to "SH20_20110127_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP (2011 series) Vanilla Android homescreen"
and has quite a few similiar characters in model number. Hopefully i did not stretch the advice given too far into what i do not need (and waste your time.)
SO... am i being too cautious or just wary enough?

Yes, the kewlguy enhancements or alternate FW will work with your model/FW revision.

Originally confirmed here: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__177474 and re-posted here: http://www.slatedroi...stock-fws-wpdn/

If you are trying to revert to the S10 series FW, you will want to apply the fixflash and partition removal first.

Better to use caution than end up with a brick ;)

Good luck with your wpdn "in a little black dress" and welcome to SlateDroid.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#114 JClouseau

JClouseau

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hey kewlguy,
I tried running your fix-partition script, but ran into some troubles. I'll give a little history, I loaded CM7 on my Novel tablet, it (eventually) worked great. I started loading up apps, when I got a notification that I was low on disk space. I thought that odd since I replaced the internal micro SD with a 16GB class 10. I checked memory status and it says I have a maximum of 300MB (that's MEGA-bytes) and only 6MB free!

Properties-Storage shows the following:

SD Card
Total Space: 7.4GB
Available space: 7.12GB

Internal storage
Total space: 188MB
Available space: 47.95MB

It looks like your script is searching for a partition file /dev/block/mmcblk1 and there isn't one there. I loaded a partition viewer app (after deleting two other apps to get some space) and it reads as follows:

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mmcblk0
15193.5 MB

Mount - /sdcard
Partition - /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
305.0/7595.0 MB

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
7596.7 MB

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock0
2.0 MB

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock1
8.0 MB

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock2
1.0 MB

Mount - None
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock3
10.0 MB

Mount - /system
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock5
154.0/200.0 MB

Mount - /cache
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock6
1.0/100.0 MB

Mount - /data
Partition - /dev/block/mtdblock7
140.0/168.0 MB

I tried moving apps to the SD card, but they fail... not sure why there either. I have a feeling something is really messed up in the partition tables, but I don't have the eye to see what it is or how to fix it. Guessing I need an expert to help me with a script and restore my install from backup or something. Just hoping there is a kind soul out there that can give me a hand.

~~JClouseau

Edited by JClouseau, 19 October 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#115 JClouseau

JClouseau

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Trying to get up the courage (and time) to follow the steps on XDA: Native Mount DataOnEXT. Could take some time, but would be really cool to have a couple gig for data.

#116 ReconMarine

ReconMarine

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Could all of these issues be nothing more than the old partitioning problem with the FAT systems that Microsoft ran into years ago in Win3.2 and Win95/98 which forced the permanent migration to the NTF systems?

Before the advent of after market partitioning programs all of the old FAT systems had to be partitioned equally.

RM

#117 thomasgunn

thomasgunn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Newbie looking for clarification. I have a WPND and installed the 2.1 flash by kewlguy. I can now access the Google Market, but many apps are requiring Android 2.2 or higher - while it appears as though I only have 2.1 My question is can I get a 2.3 version somewhere? I feel like I have a decent start, but if I'm stuck with a version that won't work with the newer apps, then this is probably not worth having... Any insights would be appreciated!

#118 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Newbie looking for clarification. I have a WPND and installed the 2.1 flash by kewlguy. I can now access the Google Market, but many apps are requiring Android 2.2 or higher - while it appears as though I only have 2.1 My question is can I get a 2.3 version somewhere? I feel like I have a decent start, but if I'm stuck with a version that won't work with the newer apps, then this is probably not worth having... Any insights would be appreciated!

Currently you have the most stable FW available for the WPDN and 2.1 is as good as it gets...

However... if you like to experiment and don't mind some bugs/minor issues [this is where it pays to read entire threads]
then you could downgrade to the S10 FW / install cwm / and try all the s10 based roms randomblame has posted
[Carefully follow downgrade instructions to avoid a flash loop]

Good luck, have fun..
and welcome to SlateDroid
:drinks:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#119 cracker6686

cracker6686

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

question, does the flash fix for partion work with sh20, and if yes then how do i use it. i did what it says to flash from ex-sd but i would if i could. because in CWM only way i know to flash from ex-sd is to remove the internal sd other wise my WPDN default reads from the internal with no option of flashing from ex-sd unless i mount the ex-sd in CWM but when i mount it in CWM all that changes is literaly just where it says mount/unmount it changes nothing about the ex-sd being read. cant i push the partion fix threw adb while the external card is removed and if i can push/flash it that way then what file/folder would i push it to, to flash.

am using MAC1 CWM Recovery with the packaged FW. would like to flash the GAPPS but i know flashing it from this point would just boot loop me again, altho its very simple to unloop. but only option to unloop it is to MAC1_CWM_stock FW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users