1623 firmware and hanging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikenc

mikenc

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

I updated my HypePad to the 1623 firmware (Thanks, Jim!) and all seemed well. Until I turned it off. Now it won't boot back up or go into recovery mode. It just vibrates when I turn it on. I've tried the usual power/vol -/home combo and just about every other one I can think of, but it still won't boot or go to recovery. Just a blank screen and the buzzer. Anyone else have this problem? Know of any other way to getting to the recovery mode? Thanks.

Mike

#2 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

HI

I have emailed the supplier.  I will post here once tech support gets back in the office.

Can anyone else help?

Regards

#3 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hmm, that is a little odd.

If you used the SD card recovery/flashing method, did you try removing the SD card from the slot between the USB ports and booting?  If this does allow you to boot (and this is only a wild guess on my part), then I would look at re-formating your SD card.  Just save any files from it that you want to keep (apks, documents, etc.) first. 

If that does not allow you to boot up, you may have to re-flash your tablet using the burntool method.  It is not really that complicated to do, but you need to have a 32bit OS.  Most state that it must be Win XP, but I used Win Vista 32bit to flash my ZT180 tablet (similar to our Hypepads) and it worked fine.

There may be instructions here in the Fly Touch II section to help you with using the burntool method, and I am pretty sure that there are instructions on the XDA developers site also.

Hope this helps.

#4 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi

This is a shot in the dark. 

1. Do you see anything on the screen?

2.  I just tried the 1623 update and I now only have a green screen. 

Device  HyPE_PAD -post Jan 6 2011
Factory Firmware version on device  : 1140

Formatted 2GB mini-sdcard in WINXP, Copied 1623 update.zip into root folder. Put mini-sdcard in slot between usb ports.

2.1 I did the following

2.1.1 got back into recovery mode using home + vol - (It gave me can't open cache/recovery/command)
2.1.2 applied update.zip

I saw the progress bar and it stated complete. I rebooted device

Stuck on green screen for + 5mins then it auto reboot and the looped continued

2.1.3 1 got back into recovery mode using home + vol -(Nb this is the old key combo still)
2.1.4 i wiped the cache partition and rebooted, reapply patch (still stuck on green screen)

More to come.

2.2.1 Formatted Kingston 16GB mini-sdcard and attempted update as per above
2.2.2 Still stuck on green screen

I saw the progress bar and it stated complete. I rebooted device. Removed mini-SDCARD.

Rebooted, Still stuck on green screen

2.3.1 Formatted Lexar 4GB mini-sdcard and attempted update as per above.
2.3.2 Still stuck on green screen

2.3.3. I wiped cache partition from recovery menu.
2.3.4 I did a factory reset.
2.3.5. Rebooted.  Still green screen.

2.4.1 Linux formatted the LEXAR mini-sdcard.
2.4.2 formatted sdcard with tool ]Fat32format http://www.ridgecrop...fat32format.htm (hope I am allowed to link like this).
2.4.3 I copied update.zip to root of mini-sdcard.
2.4.4 I reapplied update.zip via recovery menu.
2.4.5 I removed mini-sdcard

Rebooted

Still green screen

2.5.1  Copied 11-70 update.zip to mini-sdcard
2.5.2  applied patch via recovery menu
2.5.3 still green screen

2.4.3 I copied 1568 update.zip to root of mini-sdcard.
2.4.4 I reapplied update.zip via recovery menu.
2.4.5 I removed mini-sdcard

Success It is booting up.

Hmm it is randomly rebooting.  I had to renter Wi-FI PSK and reg code. I am waiting for it to sync with google servers.

I will try the 1623 update again

Feb 11 update 1623

I copied the same update.zip file to the lexar sdcard and ran it through the recovery menu and it worked. 

Tablet running 1623 firmware.  It crashes more than on 1140.